Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Going forward, the X-Men will be relegated to second tier status. Over time they will become this weird corner of the Marvel Universe that has a lot of cult followers.

Everything is about Spidey, the Avengers, the Guardians and the Inhumans now.

It was delayed because of Secret Wars. The higher ups thought releasing it right on the verge of Secret Wars would blunt the importance of the book as it sets up where the characters will be going in the relaunch. Why set that up 6 months in an advance, when you can just delay it and release it a few weeks before you release all the new X-Men titles?
    Though I think X-Men is and always will be a very popular and top selling book, at the same time I always felt even when the book was at it's pinnacle it was sort of it's own weird corner of the MU. In a lot of ways the franchise has always worked better off in it's own corner doing it's own thing. So to me at least, all this doesn't feel all that different.

As far as the delays... if the book is essentially a set up book for the relaunch then yeah.. it makes sense to delay it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I think X-Men is and always will be a very popular and top selling book, at the same time I always felt even when the book was at it's pinnacle it was sort of it's own weird corner of the MU. In a lot of ways the franchise has always worked better off in it's own corner doing it's own thing. So to me at least, all this doesn't feel all that different.

As far as the delays... if the book is essentially a set up book for the relaunch then yeah.. it makes sense to delay it.
    This book takes place 16 months, (and several years), before ANAD Marvel; it has nothing to do with it, or even with Secret Wars.