Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN alongside Emma and Kate would seem to make the most sense for Firestar post-Krakoa, if Angelica stays in the books of X.
    I was thinking the same.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN alongside Emma and Kate would seem to make the most sense for Firestar post-Krakoa, if Angelica stays in the books of X.
    This still doesn't look like Firestar to me She's not actually Pyrokinetic...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This still doesn't look like Firestar to me She's not actually Pyrokinetic...
    Maybe not initially but I dont think it would be completely unfair to say that her powers have grown and evolved from their original conception to allow her to produce flames. That not really that far out there as things exposed to microwaves are highly susceptible to combustion. She's been drawn with fire effect decades before she ever became an X-man

Is it really that hard to buy that she can use her microwaves to cause oxygen around her to combust into flames? Especially since she is an adult with far more experience and skills with her powers than when she was a teen
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe not initially but I dont think it would be completely unfair to say that her powers have grown and evolved from their original conception to allow her to produce flames. That not really that far out there as things exposed to microwaves are highly susceptible to combustion. She's been drawn with fire effect decades before she ever became an X-man

Is it really that hard to buy that she can use her microwaves to cause oxygen around her to combust into flames? Especially since she is an adult with far more experience and skills with her powers than when she was a teen
    That is all well and good, but it just put her in the same fire thrower like so many heat based characters seem to be. Having her powers look like fire has the same effect as Magma being able to fly: they are just Human Torch lites. It is easier to believe artist simply don't know what her powers are and see fire in her name, so they draw flames.
    But I will have to accept it, because no one is going back to the way Mark Bagley or Darick Robertson drew her powers back in the 90's. Even though Darick Robertson was the one who started making her aura flames instead of a light/flame mixture like Mark. So her microwave beams were always going to loss out to fire blast eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That is all well and good, but it just put her in the same fire thrower like so many heat based characters seem to be. Having her powers look like fire has the same effect as Magma being able to fly: they are just Human Torch lites. It is easier to believe artist simply don't know what her powers are and see fire in her name, so they draw flames.
    But I will have to accept it, because no one is going back to the way Mark Bagley or Darick Robertson drew her powers back in the 90's. Even though Darick Robertson was the one who started making her aura flames instead of a light/flame mixture like Mark. So her microwave beams were always going to loss out to fire blast eventually.

Duggan at least acknowledged that her powers are still microwave based

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Duggan at least acknowledged that her powers are still microwave based
    That is how the Orchis satellite should have been taken out.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I have to agree with you. In resigned to seeing her powers as flame looking. What I'd give to go back the Bagley effect! It would make her stand out from the rest of the human torches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is how the Orchis satellite should have been taken out.
    How cool would it have been to see Firestar destroy Orchis from both inside and out. Such a waste

I'm not sure I'd want Firestar on the same team as Emma. It's nice that they're on better terms now, but I'd hate if she became Emma's supporting character like Kitty has. It would be better for Angelica to establish her own space and join a different X-team where writers are not constantly repeating the same story beats like the Emma/Kitty rivalry/friendship.

Extraordinary Member

I put that on editorial...all they need to do is give the art of Angelica having more of an aura as opposed to flames and say "do this"

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want Firestar on the same team as Emma. It's nice that they're on better terms now, but I'd hate if she became Emma's supporting character like Kitty has. It would be better for Angelica to establish her own space and join a different X-team where writers are not constantly repeating the same story beats like the Emma/Kitty rivalry/friendship.
    Definitely...Emma may be on the other side now...but some things are unforgivable. What she did to Angelica should mean that Angie will never forgive her or be friendly with her. Same thing with Kitty...but that ship has sailed.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I could see Emma asking her to join. However…

Foil to Emma - yes.

Supporting character - Hell No!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I wouldn't mind her on Scott or Rogue's teams.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I could see Emma asking her to join. However…

Foil to Emma - yes.

Supporting character - Hell No!
    Well Emma did ask Angelica to join her New Tian X-Men and she accepted. Or was Angelica being mindful controlled? I'm not sure we ever found out how and why Firestar was on her team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's always got on with a Scott. And after he killed Prof X during the phoenix 5 event, she was one of his only defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That team is kinda light on members, so I wouldn't be opposed to her joining. She would fit the mid-generational mutant (think of the New Mutants) that are woefully missing from any team other than Rachel on X-Force.