Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably.

The Amazon in the back is probably Wonder Girl from the tv show

I always enjoy looking at the side by side of their two costumes. It's like they ran out of money in the middle of designing Drusilla's.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I always enjoy looking at the side by side of their two costumes. It's like they ran out of money in the middle of designing Drusilla's.
    LOL!

Ran out of money AND ideas.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

nah, looks to me like they wanted Drusilla's outfit to be simpler, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    nah, looks to me like they wanted Drusilla's outfit to be simpler, that's all.
    The rumor from Debra Winger is it was an edict from Lynda Carter. You can't have a guest-star visually competing with the lead. Notice she has less of everything, costume decoration, hair, even her tan, but Debra Winger is an unreliable source. She practically ruined her career by talking trash about her co-stars. Shirley MacLaine still probably hates her.

The rumor from Debra Winger is it was an edict from Lynda Carter. You can't have a guest-star visually competing with the lead. Notice she has less of everything, costume decoration, hair, even her tan, but Debra Winger is an unreliable source. She practically ruined her career by talking trash about her co-stars. Shirley MacLaine still probably hates her.
    This is the same era where being the "star" of a show had major industry clout behind it.... I can kinda believe that. There's a similar story from Star Trek about William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy competing to determine whether Kirk or Spock got more screentime.

Also, this thing from Star Trek came out after Leonard Nimoy was doing his kindly elderly gentleman routine and trying to look like he was nice to everyone he ever worked with. Lynda Carter also tried to cultivate an image of her beign someone great to work with and so on..... having someone say bad things about her... especially if they're true, would seriously hurt that image.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-27-2024 at 08:53 AM.

I always just felt like (1) it was inspired by Donna's 2nd costume, albeit with briefs and a tiara and (2) it's support to be a jr WW costume. So it shouldn't be as fancy or sexy.

I'd think they would have gone with Donna's costume, but the plot point of Dru was that the Nazis did realize there were two of them, and confused the two. So their looks had to be similar enough to one another or there wouldn't have been the confusion

Superman and Wonder Woman destroy the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman destroy the world.

This was...an interesting story.