Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    BANNED

^ And a lot of people who shout "bigot" at others the loudest and harshest are screaming they are the bigots themselves.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    ^ And a lot of people who shout "bigot" at others the loudest and harshest are screaming they are the bigots themselves.
    Well that doesn't narrow things down considering everyone seems to call everyone a bigot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Well that doesn't narrow things down considering everyone seems to call everyone a bigot.
    Exactamente, amigo. Exactamente.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yes. I've covered this extensively already. I even posted an article from a woman explaining that "birth rape" is basically a misnomer used to sensationalize the topic (which has been my overarching point all along).
    So why do you keep claiming that some people say "childbirth is rape" without a shred of evidence to back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Everyone is a bigot.

Where some people get confused is they don't realize pointing that out doesn't automatically win an argument.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    So why do you keep claiming that some people say "childbirth is rape" without a shred of evidence to back it up?
    If you take all the palms of everyone of the Earth, put them together, then turn all the fingers into more palms...there still wouldn't be enough palms for me to facepalm adequately right now.

This "discussion" has gone on long enough. Thanks for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Well, who goes to the woods like an animal instead of a hospital for chilbirth these days ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    If you take all the palms of everyone of the Earth, put them together, then turn all the fingers into more palms...there still wouldn't be enough palms for me to facepalm adequately right now.

This "discussion" has gone on long enough. Thanks for the ride.
    And you may have hit a nerve as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, who goes to the woods like an animal instead of a hospital for chilbirth these days ?
    They didn't even do that in biblical times. Nobody ever did that.

BANNED

@Sharkerbob

If only the man of the hour here could endow us his words of wisdom for this thread.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

@Sharkerbob

If only the man of the hour here could endow us his words of wisdom for this thread.
    All I know is pants are double-plus ungood.

Make of that what you will.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    All I know is pants are double-plus ungood.

Make of that what you will.
    So what is your take on the word "SJW" and its true meaning?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    Everyone is a bigot.

Where some people get confused is they don't realize pointing that out doesn't automatically win an argument.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

So what is your take on the word "SJW" and its true meaning?
    Like "Mary Sue" and "Nazi" and "White Knight" and "Misogynist" and whatever else, its another label one side slaps onto the other side so liberally, the meaning is almost irrelevant any more. It basically means "person I don't like who disagrees with me politically." "True meaning" is pretty much lost in today's social/political climate once a word becomes a popular label.

"Social Justice Warrior" as I've seen it used most often in a derogatory way, conjures to my mind people who are out looking for a cause and looking for a fight. Their motivations may be different: They may be desperate for an identity. They may be desperate for a purpose. They may have an axe to grind. They may be genuinely racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted. They may be a bully who gets off on harassing people, and know they can use "social justice" causes to bully others behind the veil of righteousness. They may be someone brainwashed into an ideology. They may be someone who just genuinely wants to help people, and are so eager to do it that they don't think before leaping into a situation without context. They may be a con artist using the good-sounding elements of social justice to manipulate others for profit and power. They may be an entire group of people so wound up in the moment, that they become an unthinking mob, beating down anyone they can point at who superficially can be interpreted as the enemy, because they need something to take out their emotional needs on.

There's no telling how many people actually fit in the above categories. Most worryingly, "Social Justice Warriors" as a force of human political and social manpower are a very useful tool for influencing society and aggressively pushing policies. This tool is used by those in power on a level most people aren't thinking about. You wonder why billion-dollar companies are bending over backwards to appease SJWs, trust me, its not because SJWs have touched their hearts and appealed to their humanity. Its because they can use SJWs' messages to further their agendas, whether by means of sabotaging rival companies or politicians, pushing the formation and passing of laws to expand powers to certain entities, a means of keeping everyone at the top in line, or influencing the opinions of the masses. Social Justice is just the latest zeitgeist of social power being used by those who see a much bigger picture than most of the people within the movement, and by extension, to the counter-movements that rise in response.

"Real" social justice isn't the hyper-politicized social battering ram we see shoved in our faces all the time. Real social justice is being a good person and not letting prejudice and bigotry rule your life or sabotage your community. Real justice of any sort takes into account the reality of the situation and does the best at can to make things right, while being tempered with pragmatism. Of course, saying "real" anything just invokes the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, doesn't it, which in turn gets used to make the issue even more confusing. And further of course, "justice" is subjective, so you get back to the same problem of no one can agree on anything, and people end up fighting over anything, because humans need enemies. Where's the "real" justice, eh? I suppose it's only with the people who have the most power to enforce their own conception. Justice should be practical and it should be blind, but that's not the world we live in. So we end up with those who wield their brand of justice as an ideology when they get the business end of the world's unfairness.

The "Social Justice Warrior" as they have been stereotyped, is a caricature of the worst aspects of well-meaning people, exemplified by those who would abuse the concept of social justice for their own gain, or out of ignorance. And, unfortunately, just like these "Social Justice Warriors", the people who would arbitrarily slap that label on anyone they happen to disagree with as an easy way to dismiss their arguments is themselves acting like a Social Justice Warrior. "White Nationalists" are the "Social Justice Warriors" of their side as it were.

And yet, this stuff doesn't come from a vacuum. Like anything else in our world, human society is reactionary. The desires of the Social Justice Warrior, those who would hold up the true and noble ideals, sprang up from past wrongs, and they need to raise hell to get the issues looked at at all, much less addressed, much less taken seriously, by the lethargic masses who'd just as soon ignore the problem and leave the unjustly treated to rot in their corners. We need real Social Justice Warriors to bring to light very real issues. Unfortunately, such strong passions are so easily corrupted and taken advantage of, and what once started as a noble endeavor becomes yet another cog in the machine of society, steered towards the goals of those with real power. Pray that those goals are noble or will ultimately lead to a better future, but be wary that more likely, it'll just be another repeat of the ambitious reaching too far, crashing the system, and having to start over again.

BANNED

Like "Mary Sue" and "Nazi" and "White Knight" and "Misogynist" and whatever else, its another label one side slaps onto the other side so liberally, the meaning is almost irrelevant any more. It basically means "person I don't like who disagrees with me politically." "True meaning" is pretty much lost in today's social/political climate once a word becomes a popular label.

"Social Justice Warrior" as I've seen it used most often in a derogatory way, conjures to my mind people who are out looking for a cause and looking for a fight. Their motivations may be different: They may be desperate for an identity. They may be desperate for a purpose. They may have an axe to grind. They may be genuinely racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted. They may be a bully who gets off on harassing people, and know they can use "social justice" causes to bully others behind the veil of righteousness. They may be someone brainwashed into an ideology. They may be someone who just genuinely wants to help people, and are so eager to do it that they don't think before leaping into a situation without context. They may be a con artist using the good-sounding elements of social justice to manipulate others for profit and power. They may be an entire group of people so wound up in the moment, that they become an unthinking mob, beating down anyone they can point at who superficially can be interpreted as the enemy, because they need something to take out their emotional needs on.

There's no telling how many people actually fit in the above categories. Most worryingly, "Social Justice Warriors" as a force of human political and social manpower are a very useful tool for influencing society and aggressively pushing policies. This tool is used by those in power on a level most people aren't thinking about. You wonder why billion-dollar companies are bending over backwards to appease SJWs, trust me, its not because SJWs have touched their hearts and appealed to their humanity. Its because they can use SJWs' messages to further their agendas, whether by means of sabotaging rival companies or politicians, pushing the formation and passing of laws to expand powers to certain entities, a means of keeping everyone at the top in line, or influencing the opinions of the masses. Social Justice is just the latest zeitgeist of social power being used by those who see a much bigger picture than most of the people within the movement, and by extension, to the counter-movements that rise in response.

"Real" social justice isn't the hyper-politicized social battering ram we see shoved in our faces all the time. Real social justice is being a good person and not letting prejudice and bigotry rule your life or sabotage your community. Real justice of any sort takes into account the reality of the situation and does the best at can to make things right, while being tempered with pragmatism. Of course, saying "real" anything just invokes the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, doesn't it, which in turn gets used to make the issue even more confusing. And further of course, "justice" is subjective, so you get back to the same problem of no one can agree on anything, and people end up fighting over anything, because humans need enemies. Where's the "real" justice, eh? I suppose it's only with the people who have the most power to enforce their own conception. Justice should be practical and it should be blind, but that's not the world we live in. So we end up with those who wield their brand of justice as an ideology when they get the business end of the world's unfairness.

The "Social Justice Warrior" as they have been stereotyped, is a caricature of the worst aspects of well-meaning people, exemplified by those who would abuse the concept of social justice for their own gain, or out of ignorance. And, unfortunately, just like these "Social Justice Warriors", the people who would arbitrarily slap that label on anyone they happen to disagree with as an easy way to dismiss their arguments is themselves acting like a Social Justice Warrior. "White Nationalists" are the "Social Justice Warriors" of their side as it were.

And yet, this stuff doesn't come from a vacuum. Like anything else in our world, human society is reactionary. The desires of the Social Justice Warrior, those who would hold up the true and noble ideals, sprang up from past wrongs, and they need to raise hell to get the issues looked at at all, much less addressed, much less taken seriously, by the lethargic masses who'd just as soon ignore the problem and leave the unjustly treated to rot in their corners. We need real Social Justice Warriors to bring to light very real issues. Unfortunately, such strong passions are so easily corrupted and taken advantage of, and what once started as a noble endeavor becomes yet another cog in the machine of society, steered towards the goals of those with real power. Pray that those goals are noble or will ultimately lead to a better future, but be wary that more likely, it'll just be another repeat of the ambitious reaching too far, crashing the system, and having to start over again.
    I wish I could make this my signature. ( ^ u^)/

BANNED

So if I had to get all of this straight down on my paper: what you're saying that is the term "SJW" in its most loosely abused sense has become the right's favorite equivalent mocking moniker which serves as the direct spearhead counterpart to a leftist calling someone on the right that they disagree with a "Nazi", "Fascist", "Klansman", "Hitler", and all the classic "Ism's" and "Phobe's" that the SJW's and the "Left" uses, right?

Okay, I see your point. Just wanted some confirmation.
    Last edited by Bullet Sniper; 09-01-2017 at 06:33 PM.