Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I wish I could make this my signature. ( ^ u^)/
    Thanks, lol. You could make a link to the post if you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    So if I had to get all of this straight down on my paper: what you're saying that is the term "SJW" in its most loosely abused sense has become the right's counter-insult which serves as the direct spearhead equivalent to calling someone on the right that you disagree with a "Nazi", "Fascist", "Klansman", "Hitler", and all the classic "Ism's" and "Phobe's" that the SJW's and the "Left" uses, right?

Okay, I see your point. Just wanted some confirmation.
    That's basically the main thrust of my first sentence, sure.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-01-2017 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    That's basically the main thrust of my first sentence, sure.
    Yeah I understand and I kinda agree. But I think the reason more people on the internet have started using "SJW's" as a popular world is because of the rise of the current Left and the perceived flaws and misunderstandings that arise in it. Any buzzword can be exhausted of its luster and power if used aimlessly and long enough.

But like I said a couple pages ago, that words like these all depends on the circumstances and context. It's about HOW we use said words. In its most legitimate sense, for me, the word SJW can be used to point to "crazy leftists" and people who pretend to preach tolerance and diversity, but are hypocritical and pretentious about it.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Yeah I understand and I kinda agree. But I think the reason more people on the internet have started using "SJW's" as a popular world is because of the rise of the current Left and the perceived flaws and misunderstandings that arise in it. Any buzzword can be exhausted of its luster and power if used aimlessly and long enough.

But like I said a couple pages ago, that words like these all depends on the circumstances and context. It's about HOW we use said words. In its most legitimate sense, for me, the word SJW can be used to point to "crazy leftists" and people who pretend to preach tolerance and diversity, but are hypocritical and pretentious about it.
    Sure. But it's just the latest swing of the pendulum. Such things are just massively amplified these days thanks our current communications technology and trends.

BANNED

Those guys putting "SJW Marvel" in their titles don't realize how much they're hurting their own cause. Once one starts labeling people or things with such a general, sweeping terms it really acts as a boomerang and that person is just sharpening their own execution weapon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Sure. But it's just the latest swing of the pendulum. Such things are just massively amplified these days thanks our current communications technology and trends.
    Yeah. But I also forgot to add that "SJW" is like similar to the labels Religious "Evangelist" or "Fundamentalist" as in both slangs are used to descriptively target groups that are support otherwise well-meaning beliefs (Biblical virtues, Civil Rights), but come off as self-righteous and stuff. I mean, you see the similar attitudes and patterns going on here?

Invincible Member

Those guys putting "SJW Marvel" in their titles don't realize how much they're hurting their own cause. Once one starts labeling people or things with such a general, sweeping terms it really acts as a boomerang and that person is just sharpening their own execution weapon.
    Well, a lot of those guys... their cause is simply to get clicks.

BANNED

Can't say you're wrong.

Extraordinary Member

It could be argued that this is what SJWs did "labeling people or things with such a general,sweeping terms" and now the boomerang is coming back on them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It could be argued that this is what SJWs did "labeling people or things with such a general,sweeping terms" and now the boomerang is coming back on them.
    Except they have the benefit of having far worse labels to slander or libel people with and they're protected by their supposed moral superiority.

Invincible Member

Except they have the benefit of having far worse labels to slander or libel people with and they're protected by their supposed moral superiority.
    I dunno. I don't think so-called "SJWs" are protected at all. For decades Rush Limbaugh and others have called women "femi-nazis" and that's just the first thing off the top of my head. It's not like people are afraid to criticize folks on the left. It's almost a cottage industry.
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-02-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh okay I didn't get it at first till the edit. But I think with the rise of the extreme left that moral superiority is being questioned seriously.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-02-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno. I don't think so-called "SJWs" are protected at all. For decades Rush Limbaugh and others have called women "femi-nazis" and that's just the first thing off the top of my head. It's not like people are afraid to criticize folks on the left. It's almost a cottage industry.
    I think in the beginning they were and there was a long period of time when ppl were scared to criticize the left. It's only recently that ppl have begun to speak up but alot of it is extremists feeding off of each other.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think in the beginning they were and there was a long period of time when ppl were scared to criticize the left. It's only recently that ppl have begun to speak up but alot of it is extremists feeding off of each other.
    I don't think there was ever a time in America when people were afraid to criticize the left. We can go back to the 50 during the McCarthy era, the 60-70's when civil right leaders were accused of being communists, the 80's when Reagan amplified the Cold War, the 90's when it was "hip" to be a Republican, the early 2000's where if you criticized the Bush administration you were "giving aid to the terrorists". the only being who were afraid to criticize the left were folks who were liberals themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I. the only being who were afraid to criticize the left were folks who were liberals themselves.
    Okay this. People who considered themselves moderates were met with ferocious criticism/attack from their extreme counterparts for even slightly disagreeing with them. And that went on for years. Now things are changing.

But even still I came up in the 90s and it was never really coo/hip to be a republican atleast not in NY. It was way more cool to be progressive we used to pump PE all the time. But with the rise of sjw whatever you want to call it and the focus on subjective issues and taste with them. You got a lot of young people who think it's hip to diss them. That wasn't really a thing before.

BANNED

^ Just like how people back in the 2000's thought it was hip to diss Christianity and even Islam or well... mainstream religion and even "God", in general, when several decades back, people were morally pusillanimous to insult them or any object of worship.
    Last edited by Bullet Sniper; 09-02-2017 at 03:24 PM.