Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post
    The cover of x-men blue #16 was missing right?
    Yeah. And I notice Jimmy's not named in that solicit.

BANNED

Selene in Cable sounds really interesting given the plot.

GenX#8 sounds like issue #3...they need to resolve Monet NOW instead of hissing and going away after two panels.

Blue sounds *yawn*

Jean Grey....I'm hoping for some good writing considering this is the first two issue arc.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post

That cover of Astonishing X-men 5 did NOT astonish me!
    Yeah, but it reminds me X-Treme X-Men what is good

BANNED

Blue and Jean Grey for me!

The covers to Generation X are incredible! Can't wait for Monet & Paige to come back.
    Cable also sounds great if Selene is back.

Thoughts:

- It's not a Wolverine run if he doesn't fight the Hand or go to Japan at some point, though I'm guessing the "old lover" is Yukio and the Scarlet Samurai might be Amiko (please don't be a resurrected Mariko) .

- Huh, so it sounds like Laura really will be dealing with a group made up of the family and loved ones of the people she killed while under the control of Weapon X, like Logan did in Aaron's run.

- It's good to see the Uncanny team fighting a classic X-baddie. Was probably only a matter of time before they went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut. Also looks like they're still pushing Quicksilver/Psynapse.

- This Mojo crossover seems like it's going on longer then it needs to.

- Hey, Old Man Logan in a costume on the X-Men Gold cover! And the team going into the Negative Zone might be fun. I'm guessing the girl is Armor.

- The 05 as time cops is probably the most interesting premise you could give them at this point. Just too bad we still don't have some of their adult counterparts around...

- Deadpool and Cable with dinosaurs? Brings back good memories .

- Jean's jacket does not go with Emma's outfit. At all.

- Oh hey, they're bringing back the Externals .

- Paige! Hopefully Strain has a better handle on her then Aaron did.

- I imagine Laura will probably conflict with the Weapon X team as much as Cho did, and this probably won't help her relationship with Old Man Logan any. I guess it should be interesting to see her confronted with her old X-Force teammates still doing X-Force stuff, stuff she's tried to leave behind.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- It's not a Wolverine run if he doesn't fight the Hand or go to Japan at some point, though I'm guessing the "old lover" is Yukio and the Scarlet Samurai might be Amiko (please don't be a resurrected Mariko) .

- Huh, so it sounds like Laura really will be dealing with a group made up of the family and loved ones of the people she killed while under the control of Weapon X, like Logan did in Aaron's run.

- It's good to see the Uncanny team fighting a classic X-baddie. Was probably only a matter of time before they went toe-to-toe with Juggernaut. Also looks like they're still pushing Quicksilver/Psynapse.

- This Mojo crossover seems like it's going on longer then it needs to.

- Hey, Old Man Logan in a costume on the X-Men Gold cover! And the team going into the Negative Zone might be fun. I'm guessing the girl is Armor.

- The 05 as time cops is probably the most interesting premise you could give them at this point. Just too bad we still don't have some of their adult counterparts around...

- Deadpool and Cable with dinosaurs? Brings back good memories .

- Jean's jacket does not go with Emma's outfit. At all.

- Oh hey, they're bringing back the Externals .

- Paige! Hopefully Strain has a better handle on her then Aaron did.

- I imagine Laura will probably conflict with the Weapon X team as much as Cho did, and this probably won't help her relationship with Old Man Logan any. I guess it should be interesting to see her confronted with her old X-Force teammates still doing X-Force stuff, stuff she's tried to leave behind.
    The bar has been set so low for Paige, I don't know how much more worse it could get.

Is the Deadpool vs OML cover an homage? It looks familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - It's not a Wolverine run if he doesn't fight the Hand or go to Japan at some point.
    - Hey, Old Man Logan in a costume
    He actually went to Japan in "The last Ronin" story arc.
    He actually wore a costume (sort of) in the "Return to the Wastelands" story arc. He was wearing a spacesuit, lol.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Gen X, Iceman, and Jean Grey sound good.

6 issues is too many for a Mojo story. Time/Dimension hopping is one of my least favorite story types, might be about time to drop Blue.

Is US Avengers ending after 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Gen X, Iceman, and Jean Grey sound good.

6 issues is too many for a Mojo story. Time/Dimension hopping is one of my least favorite story types, might be about time to drop Blue.

Is US Avengers ending after 12?
    It didn't say if it was the conclusion to the "Cannonball Run" arc so I'd say no.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Rosenberg's a great writer so I'm down with her joining that book. Of course, idiots are gonna complain about this.
    And I'm one of the idiots! I'm not a fan of Magik joining Secret Warriors if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    And I'm one of the idiots! I'm not a fan of Magik joining Secret Warriors if it's true.
    It's not like Guggenheim or Bunn care enough to include her in a team book. Why would it matter?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    me too.

I just dont like any of the characters. Quake is extremely poor as a character and that might be the point, but it gets boring to see everyone following her suggestions and then things being screwed up.

I just dont want to see Magik attached to that craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The bar has been set so low for Paige, I don't know how much more worse it could get.
    I really don't think they could do worse. She's always been kind of lost in her own reality, but that run...