Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprise if it's cancelled or forgotten like ''Iron Fists''.
    Iron Fists was neither cancelled or forgotten: https://www.comixology.com/Immortal-...l-comic/549229

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Newsarama had this teaser image though for Marvel Legacy #1. Can't believe that one's going to have 50 pages and about 10 artists.

Note Ben and Johnny by Jim Cheung on the left

Interesting, because it looks like each artist is drawing something from a book they're working on, which could mean Cheung will be on a book with Ben and Johnny. He did say on Instagram that he had a new book at Marvel but he was waiting for it to be officially announced. Maybe he's the artist for Marvel 2-In-1?

The inhumans; oafk synopsis confuses me as to who's doing what.also, i'm thinking of dropping xmen blue and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long for a thread.

I'll get Uncanny Avengers.

Nothing else interests me. Everything is temporary, the series, the stories, the developments. Nothing holds any relevance. I don't see the point of reading Marvel comics anymore. And that depresses me so, so, so much.
    There have been a couple of months where there was no thread at all. It was getting rather annoying.

That cover and solicit makes it look like USAvengers is coming to an end soon.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprise if it's cancelled or forgotten like ''Iron Fists''.
    Well, there are a lot of premire issues this month, but while we're on the subject, i'm wondering whose idea it was to split up moon girl and devil dinosaur, and team her with johnny and ben.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, there are a lot of premire issues this month, but while we're on the subject, i'm wondering whose idea it was to split up moon girl and devil dinosaur, and team her with johnny and ben.
    The writers of her own book? If you've been following the solicits, theres seems to be a pretty fair reason as to why they're separated. I think it'll only be temporary, though. The entire concept of the book revolve around the two of them together (I mean, his name is on the title).

BANNED

The inhumans; oafk synopsis confuses me as to who's doing what.also, i'm thinking of dropping xmen blue and gold.
    me too. Blue & Gold just dont have any appeal to me. There's not enough in either of them to make me care about the characters or what happens to them. The writing isn't very good.

There have been a couple of months where there was no thread at all. It was getting rather annoying.
    Blame the new management of CBR. They seem more interested in making lists that are poorly researched than actual current comic news. They didn't even update the previews for the books released tomorrow.

Incredible Member

Literally nothing registers as a 'must buy' in these listings. The only 'maybe' is Waid's Captain America relaunch. God, I remember when I bought 20-30 Marvel titles alone on a monthly basis in addition to my DC purchases. Now, it's all DC and independents on a regular basis with only occasional Marvel buys. What happened, Marvel?? When did you become the House That Ran Out of Ideas???

BANNED

Nick Spencer in the joke issue, gon rif on Secret Empire like he didnt just write the worst comic event this side of Identity Crisis

Immortal Iron Fists is currently being released as a comiXology Original digital first title. Free to read for comiXology Unlimited subscribers, $2.99 otherwise.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Thoughts:

- I am going to be so bummed if Waid and Samnee don't stay on Cap for a long while. They deserve it.

- I wonder how much Fisk being mayor will effect other Marvel books, but obviously it's going to be a major issue in Daredevil. Plus, the red suit is back .

- Fury Jr. gives Castle the War Machine armor? Huh.

- So how long is Strange going to keep getting teared down? It's been going on ever since Aaron's run and it doesn't seem to be stopping. And it arguably dates back to Bendis, in a way, but at least Bendis resolved it by the end of his Avengers run.

-That Champions cover makes it look like either Vision or Vivi will make a sacrifice to stop the High Evolutionary .

- I'm curious to see how Cho's Skaar trip will differ from Banner's.

- Also curious as to who the "dramatic return" in Thor is.

- Well, at least there's some kind of tether to Falcon's traditional stories with it centering around a riot in Chicago (albeit instigated by Blackheart).

- I'm guessing we're going to see the AI piloting the Extremis armor judging by that cover, and Doom and Riri need to team-up to fight it, which will lead to Tony coming back. Also, poor Mary Jane...

- Killgrave with Danielle? Oh lord .

- Hasn't the Kingpin's kingdom been up for grabs since like forever? It feels like there's been an ongoing gang war going on for the past decade or so.

- Carol punching Black Widow seems like an odd cover with that solicit...

- "America in lockup?" Is that the getting arrested kind of lockup or Exterminatrix dungeon kind of lockup?

- Spirit of Vengeance continues to look awesome (why is this a mini?). I'm also still surprised they got away with that Satana design.

- A Kate and Laura team-up in Hawkeye should be a lot of fun.

- Seems like love really is in the air for Ms. Marvel...

-Christopher Priest writing Spider-Man again should be great.

-So Karolina is pretty happy with her life and may not be willing to go back to the Runaways, and it also sounds like things are building up to a confrontation between the team and the Avengers.

- I've been wondering if we'd see any expansion on the Inquisitors from Star Wars: Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    A lot of these stories have a "hey, remember this time someone did something?" or "remember the time these characters got together?" vibe. Lots of characters fighting their greatest adversaries or meeting up with their old buddies.

It can work, but I'm not sure it really gets fans excited. I know we say we want to see the old reliables, but I'm not sure it's what we want.
    Well, I think everyone at some point wants the old reliables to come back, though I'm not sure if bringing them all back to some degree at the same time and with near every book will work out.

Although maybe it'll be like Rebirth where we get a good re-contexualizing and revamp of it.

Think I'll get this:
    X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION: MUTANT GENESIS TPB
    That's it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that was a big bowl of suck. the only cover that caught my eye was CABLE #151 and they are pretending like the Externals weren't killed off by Selene in the 90s.
    I honestly expected to hate the Externals more than I did. I actually didn't mind them overall and I wouldn't mind them back. But, yeah, it seems weird to talk about them getting killed off when they're already dead.

BTW, is Becky Cloonan off of Punisher? I honestly wasn't reading it, but that was interesting in how much it flew under the radar being a female writer writing for a male character very much against type. I was rooting for it to continue to succeed. That being said, Matthew Rosenberg has been great in what I've read of him so far.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

CAPTAIN AMERICA #695.
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #23
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #297
    DAREDEVIL #595
    SILVER SABLE AND THE WILD PACK #36
    VENOM #157 & 158
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #791
    IRON FIST #74

Maybe (Depending of how good the previous issue was)
    FALCON #2
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #24
    PUNISHER: THE PLATOON #3