Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I honestly expected to hate the Externals more than I did. I actually didn't mind them overall and I wouldn't mind them back. But, yeah, it seems weird to talk about them getting killed off when they're already dead.
    I'm just surprised that they'd bring the concept back. they went to such great lengths to kill them all (and never mention Cannonball's immortality again). maybe it's Secret War-related.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, Cable is very backwards looking overall and, for Legacy, early X-Force makes sense.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

So no Marvel Two-in-One.... What's the point of announcing a book that looks like it's out next year? Still waiting for the creative team to be announced.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

From what I see, I'll be adding Cap and Falcon. I need to figure out what to drop to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    That cover and solicit makes it look like USAvengers is coming to an end soon.
    It seems everything Ewing writes is going to end soon. Soon being March next year with Royals #14
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    So it seems like Nick Fury is behind how Frank ends up with the War Machine armor. I'm looking forward to that story at least.
    I liked Cloonan's run and was expecting her to continue. But Rosenberg is good and I love the idea of this storyline so I'm totally in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So no Marvel Two-in-One.... What's the point of announcing a book that looks like it's out next year? Still waiting for the creative team to be announced.
    What's the point? To let people know that it's coming out? And because it's going to be a part of the Legacy branding?

Creative team will be announced when the book is ready to be solicited.

For what it's worth, I expect that it will be a December release.

And I also expect we haven't heard many details about it because to say too much would spoil aspects of the Legacy one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Literally nothing registers as a 'must buy' in these listings. The only 'maybe' is Waid's Captain America relaunch. God, I remember when I bought 20-30 Marvel titles alone on a monthly basis in addition to my DC purchases. Now, it's all DC and independents on a regular basis with only occasional Marvel buys. What happened, Marvel?? When did you become the House That Ran Out of Ideas???
    Every time a poster trots out the wheezy old "When did the House of Ideas run out of ideas?!" slam, I have to chuckle. I mean if you're going to criticize what you perceive as a dearth of ideas, at least come up with something to say that has not been said, ad nauseam, for the last forty years or so. Disgruntled fans have been saying that exact same thing since before most of the fans who say it now were even born. And yet somehow Marvel has managed to get by.

As for the Nov solicits:

Very excited for the debut of Waid & Samnee's Cap.

Also jazzed for the new team on Doctor Strange. I wouldn't have thought to put Walta on Strange but I think it's an inspired choice.

Fingers crossed that this volume of Moon Knight is going to be a good one. Lemire's just didn't do it for me but this looks really promising.

Looking forward to the Avengers/Champions crossover. Love that Spider-Man has eight arms on the Avengers cover. Nice shout out to ASM #100.

Love the Norman Rockwell vibe for the cover to Spectacular Spider-Man #6.

Terrified to read the Purple Man arc on Jessica Jones. I think that's just going to be a gut wrencher.

Excited to see how Fisk being NYC's Mayor impacts the street level Marvel books. Surprised no one's come up with that storyline yet.

Lots of good stuff coming up! Not least of which being the apparent imminent return of Odinson and Tony.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-22-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Royals
    secret warriors
    Black Bolt

testing out Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    To build hype?

Of course, considering that we live in a world like this...

Captain America#695
    The Punisher#218
    Guardians of the Galaxy#146 et 147
    Avengers#673
    Incredible Hulk#710
    Mighty Thor#701

The Punisher to see how it looks - it could be worthy.

Just Iceman for me. I keep wavering about whether or not to pick up ANW in singles, but it really reads so much better in trade.

Amazing Member

that time again, I have to get subscriptions in well in advance which is awkward but reduced prices allows me to get more books than if I was buying weekly

think ill be carrying on with:

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #10 - I actually really enjoying this one
    SECRET WARRIORS #8 & #9 - loved the SE tie ins so going to keep this on think it has a lot going for it.
    VENOM #157 & 158 - love venom and looking forward to plenty of venom in near future
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #791 looking forward to see how SE carrys over into this
    SPIDER-GWEN #26 will get this for the venom storyline but not sure if it will stick
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #297 - big hopes for this to grow
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #27 - staring this with orphin storyline looking forward to it
    X-MEN GOLD/BLUE #15 not sure I would keep blue and gold on with the newer x-men title out. maybe pick one
    ICEMAN #7 - enjoying this one
    JEAN GREY #9 - hoping for some carry over from generation issue
    CABLE #151 - hoping this picks up but seems bit slow so far
    SPIDER-MEN II #5 - will see this one out been ok so far
    PUNISHER: THE PLATOON #3 really looking forward to this short run
    INHUMANS: ONCE AND FUTURE KINGS #4 short run only read #1 so far and it was good
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #5 - fav book atm issue 2 was fantastic
    WEAPON X #11 cool book so far
    DEADPOOL VS. OLD MAN LOGAN #2 another short run im looking forward to.
    jumping into these

DOCTOR STRANGE #381 - really enjoyed the se tie ins was hoping for more of the vigilante type dr strange but this story also sounds good
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #695 - just for to see how things change after SE (unless SE has terrible ending around the character)
    SPIDER-MAN #234 - been thinking of dipping into miles so with this new story line ill do it now
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13 new storyline so ill give this a go
    Possibles

DEFENDERS #7 - thinking of going to give this ago due to good reviews
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #23 & #24 sounds like it could be entertaining storyline
    DAREDEVIL #595 - with new story line might give it a go

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scotty 360 View Post
    DEFENDERS #7 - thinking of going to give this ago due to good reviews
    The hype is 100% real on this book - check it out!

I may also take another look at Moon Knight. The recent run was exactly the type of Moon Knight story I don't want, and I dropped off pretty quick, but I am always keen to see what new creatives will do with a title with as much potential as Moon Knight.

Even more interested because Jacen Burrows is on the book. He is one of those artists you either love or hate. I find his choices fascinating and challenging to my normal notions of art.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-23-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    It seems everything Ewing writes is going to end soon. Soon being March next year with Royals #14
    Royals 14 could easily be in January with the way it's double shipping. It's a shame Al Ewing books don't really seem to sell if 14 is really the last one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #695 - Fuck yeah, Waid on Cap! Honestly, it can't be any worse than the post-Brubnaker runs so far, at the very least.
    POWER PACK #63 - Wish this were an ongoing, but with Devin Grayson... maybe not.
    FALCON #2 - Gets an arc. But Sahun's outfit looks like he should be jumping helicopters on a motorcycle, not... whatever it is he's doing.
    DEFENDERS #7 - Gets TWO arcs. Still haven't seen the show, so don't know how much Bendis is aping it.
    RUNAWAYS #3 - Still not keen on the new looks, but I like the premise. Glad they GET to grow up (even if Molly looks like she HASN'T) and look at what that means for the team. Please be good!
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #5 - Um... guys, check your font. That is HUGE. Anyway, forgo tot pick up the second issue, but it gets an arc.

DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID & CHRIS SAMNEE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - Woooo!!!! Fuck yeah! Although, wasn't there an anniversary issue? I guess it had stuff by other creators too, but... Idno, would be nice to have it included.
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL BY KELLY & MCGUINNESS HC - I've heard nothing but good about Kelly's run on this series
    BLACK BOLT VOL. 1: HARD TIME TPB
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE VOL. 4: IMMUNE TPB
    CABLE VOL. 1: TIME CONQUEST TPB

Maybe:
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13 - Huh, Annie in high school... huh. I mostly like Houser's writing, so... maybe. Dig her new costume. Might try this issue to see if I'll pick up the series in trade.
    SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE #2 (OF 5) - Depending on the first issue.

INFINITY GAUNTLET BOX SET SLIPCASE - Pricey af, but I missed out on the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, it at least LOOKS nice.
    JESSICA JONES VOL. 2: THE SECRETS OF MARIA HILL TPB
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS VOL. 2: THE VENOM EXPERIMENT TPB
    ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2: RIDERS IN THE SKY TPB - For Richard.
    X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE — TERMINATION TPB - I remember kinda sorta liking the AoA ongoing a bit, and I liked the Dark Angel Saga, so... maybe.
    DARK AVENGERS BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - I've never gotten past the Utopia crossover and liked the stuff before that, so maybe.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force