Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    This looks like a pretty slow month,
    So slow, in fact, that this is the first month in 18 years without a new #1 from Marvel!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...new-1-century/

I am not a fan of Kieron Gillen taking over the main Star Wars book. I think Jason Aaron has a way better grasp on the characters than Gillien and I think Aaron has written better stories set in the Star Wars universe so far.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So slow, in fact, that this is the first month in 18 years without a new #1 from Marvel!

Seeing as so many fans complain about new #1's, you'd think this would be cause for celebration.

That long, huh ?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Holy ****. Looks like Marvel Legacy is changing the industry, after all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    I am not a fan of Kieron Gillen taking over the main Star Wars book. I think Jason Aaron has a way better grasp on the characters than Gillien and I think Aaron has written better stories set in the Star Wars universe so far.
    I would gladly trade Aaron for Gillen coming back to an MU title. I don't read SW books and I've been needing my Gillen fix lately.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-24-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would gladly trade Aaron for Gillen coming back to a MU title. I don't read SW books and I've been needing my Gillen fix lately.
    Yes that would be great, but for good or bad he seems to be making plenty of money on WICDIV, and he is clearly working on Star Wars as a passion project. Perhaps if they give him Thor after Aaron he might be tempted back into the MU.

Let's not prejudge a book that hasn't even begun.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes that would be great, but for good or bad he seems to be making plenty of money on WICDIV, and he is clearly working on Star Wars as a passion project. Perhaps if they give him Thor after Aaron he might be tempted back into the MU.
    So his thing would become following up on Aaron's stories? (though, I certainly would not mind seeing him on Thor again)

I've reviewed these previews and it is the most lacklustre sounding stories I can think of. Tony Stark still isn't Iron Man but an AI. Where are the classic heroes in all this? We were led to believe we were going to see a return of Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man back to their glory days again. What is going on with this new Heroic Age?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So his thing would become following up on Aaron's stories? (though, I certainly would not mind seeing him on Thor again)
    Gillen writing the norse mythology again would certainly be a treat. Although I do have a preference for him writing Angela again, specifically. I feel like there was more he could've done with the character. Maybe he could do another Journey Into Mystery title (since I doubt Angela's getting a title with her name on it again anytime soon), focused on her trying to find out what happened to her adoptive mother. Also, someone seriously needs to fix that Bendis **** up from GOTG.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-24-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I've reviewed these previews and it is the most lacklustre sounding stories I can think of. Tony Stark still isn't Iron Man but an AI. Where are the classic heroes in all this? We were led to believe we were going to see a return of Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man back to their glory days again. What is going on with this new Heroic Age?

There is Mark Waid writing Captain America again for exemple.

Let's not prejudge a book that hasn't even begun.
    I am prejudging it based on my opinions of Gillen's other Star Wars work. Gillen could do something great with the main Star Wars book, but I doubt it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Looks like things will finally start settling towards the end of the year, although I doubt that'll end all the discussions and debates surrounding Secret Empire. I think the Marvel universe needs that. There needs to be some level of consistency before anyone can even think about another major event. I think we, the fans, just don't have the energy or the heart for another big event that utterly destroys our understanding of an iconic character that we know and love.

The X-books seem to have settled and are daring to get a little cartoony with Mojo.

Captain America's redemption story looks like it's going to be a long road that may or may not end well.

Ms. Marvel is being teamed up with another young minority hero, which I guess was inevitable.

The lack of an Infamous Iron Man title is somewhat telling, as is the fact that what's left of the F4 is being shoved into Moon Girl's title.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well, there is this...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    There is Mark Waid writing Captain America again for exemple.
    Which is the top title in the previews.

Also, the storyline in Iron Man is about the search for Tony Stark and the cover for November's issue has a mystery figure front and center. Chances seem high that once the full cover is revealed that it will be be Tony in his new armor.

And in Thor, the Legacy plotline is about the death of Jane Foster's Thor and, one would think, the return of Odinson Thor.

The return of Bruce Banner will likely be on the way.

Keep in mind that Legacy is something that is going to roll out, like all of Marvel's fall rebrandings, over the course of five months or so. We haven't seen everything yet.

Also keep in mind that they're likely trying to keep some spoilers hidden for the Legacy one-shot. Once that comes out, and whatever big reveals it contains are known, then you'll see some more announcements.

BANNED

I am prejudging it based on my opinions of Gillen's other Star Wars work. Gillen could do something great with the main Star Wars book, but I doubt it.
    Well, he made the most successful book of the franchising, despite not being the flagship. They probably based their decision on that.

As of July:

DARTH VADER TP VOL.1: 41,991 [+689]
    DARTH VADER TP VOL.2: 20,570 [ +343]
    DARTH VADER TPB VOL.3: 12,677
    DARTH VADER TPB VOL.4: 10,437

STAR WARS TPB VOL.1: 42,008
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.2: 11,678
    STAR WARS TOP VOL.3: 6,689
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.4: 4,907
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.5: 4,569