Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I would gladly trade Aaron for Gillen coming back to an MU title. I don't read SW books and I've been needing my Gillen fix lately.
    I don't want him off Star Wars; he's doing the best Star Wars series so far and one of my top priority comic series on my "to buy" list."

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    I am prejudging it based on my opinions of Gillen's other Star Wars work. Gillen could do something great with the main Star Wars book, but I doubt it.
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Well, he made the most successful book of the franchising, despite not being the flagship. They probably based their decision on that.

As of July:

DARTH VADER TP VOL.1: 41,991 [+689]
    DARTH VADER TP VOL.2: 20,570 [ +343]
    DARTH VADER TPB VOL.3: 12,677
    DARTH VADER TPB VOL.4: 10,437

STAR WARS TPB VOL.1: 42,008
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.2: 11,678
    STAR WARS TOP VOL.3: 6,689
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.4: 4,907
    STAR WARS TPB VOL.5: 4,569
    The main Star Wars book beat out Darth Vader in monthly sales for almost every month when both books were being published at the same time.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why's that?
    I think Aaron has a way better grasp of the characters from the Star Wars universe and I think Aaron's main Star Wars book has been better than anything Gillen has written for the Star Wars universe. Obviously, this is all subjective.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Spectacular Member

Im optimistic.
    Tony is gonna return and i didnt like iron heart nor did i like the way tony went down (and rohdey or i dont know how his name is written,but his death can suck my ass)
    Male thor is likely gonna do something with fem thor that will make him worthy
    Bruce is... i want him but dont see him
    And cap is back so yeah i might start reading marvel again after i get caught up with thor and everything marvel but thor is the most important tbh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Which is the top title in the previews.

Also, the storyline in Iron Man is about the search for Tony Stark and the cover for November's issue has a mystery figure front and center. Chances seem high that once the full cover is revealed that it will be be Tony in his new armor.

And in Thor, the Legacy plotline is about the death of Jane Foster's Thor and, one would think, the return of Odinson Thor.

The return of Bruce Banner will likely be on the way.

Keep in mind that Legacy is something that is going to roll out, like all of Marvel's fall rebrandings, over the course of five months or so. We haven't seen everything yet.

Also keep in mind that they're likely trying to keep some spoilers hidden for the Legacy one-shot. Once that comes out, and whatever big reveals it contains are known, then you'll see some more announcements.
    Captain America by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee is one return of a classic heroes in Legacy with a awesome creative team.
    The classic Hulk apeared in the Generations Hulk story and is on the cover of Marvel Legacy 1.
    Thanks for the info about Iron Man and Thor.
    Anyways just because of the creative team on Captain America i will add that comic book to the ones i already buy.
    So it is just not the comic books of the classic Marvel super heroes i am intrigued about there is still other comic books as Marvel Two in One with Thing and Human Torch,Falcon and Iron Fist and Venom that i will collect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, there is this...

Which is the top title in the previews.

Also, the storyline in Iron Man is about the search for Tony Stark and the cover for November's issue has a mystery figure front and center. Chances seem high that once the full cover is revealed that it will be be Tony in his new armor.

And in Thor, the Legacy plotline is about the death of Jane Foster's Thor and, one would think, the return of Odinson Thor.

The return of Bruce Banner will likely be on the way.

Keep in mind that Legacy is something that is going to roll out, like all of Marvel's fall rebrandings, over the course of five months or so. We haven't seen everything yet.

Also keep in mind that they're likely trying to keep some spoilers hidden for the Legacy one-shot. Once that comes out, and whatever big reveals it contains are known, then you'll see some more announcements.
    Thanks for the hints Prof. Warren. If that's the case, maybe there is something there. Let's hope. And if the "hidden Spoilers" is correct, they can lie about the previews in any case.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-24-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    It's been on Amazon for a little while.

https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Direct...dp/1302908537/

Previews solicitations will be probably be October or November.
    Sweet. Though I'm always weary of Amazon listings. The "Frequently Bought Together" section has me smiling, however

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So slow, in fact, that this is the first month in 18 years without a new #1 from Marvel!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...new-1-century/
    The stars must've aligned

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    The main Star Wars book beat out Darth Vader in monthly sales for almost every month when both books were being published at the same time.
    Yeah, I was sure of that too. But trade sales mean more to publishers, and the difference is pretty subtstantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Oryo23 View Post
    Im optimistic.
    Tony is gonna return and i didnt like iron heart nor did i like the way tony went down (and rohdey or i dont know how his name is written,but his death can suck my ass)
    Male thor is likely gonna do something with fem thor that will make him worthy
    Bruce is... i want him but dont see him
    And cap is back so yeah i might start reading marvel again after i get caught up with thor and everything marvel but thor is the most important tbh
    Thor is worthy already. Hickman already made him worthy in Times Run Out, which Thor may or may not remember. Also, in Unworthy Thor, he used Ultimate Mjolnir to teleport Asgard, he just doesn't use it again.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force