Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

He has done much worse than that. Not necessarily glad he is dying but if atonement is needed this would be a just another name on a page for him. I do not think there is a single commandment he has not broken or a sin he has not coveted.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Thought he was dying because of his self-loathing hetero-normative freakout over his complicated relationship with Scott Summers. Oh well.

No, he is mind-controlled, right? Do you have better questions like Phoenix and Wolverine finally doing it at the afterlife, bets of him coming back, and etc.? If none then fine....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Not sure this is the place to be saying this as people still hold a grudge about Maddy/Scott, Kitty and the n-word, Wanda "No more mutants..", Beast/Cyclops since NCs funeral and the Schism, Pheonix 5 etc, etc , etc...

OP, Wolvy was written to do a lot of horrible things the past ten years, killing natives, killing his children, being a nazi, almost killing Hope, Wicaan etc so I guess it would be a bit redundant.
    And year after year I continue to be amazed by fandom's ability to blame the character for weird, out of character stuff and not the writer. Characters don't have any choice in these matters, they just do whatever inane thing their writers tell them to. Saint Claremont used the N-word, not Kitty Pryde. Joe Quesada ordered "No ore Mutants", not Wanda. Bendis killed a ton of Savage Land people, not Maria Hill.

By the way, when was Wolverine a nazi? Because he also was in a concentration camp around the same time.

I'm glad they are killing him off for a while becaue over the last few years they have turned him into a massive hypcrite, who is d also a bit dim-witted. Not just one writer but a a team effort to destroy everything likeable about the character.

Maybewhen he comes back they will write him as a character who is not a jackass hypocrite, I have some hope for that at least. But if they can't let him stay dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    killing his children,
    They attacked him! He didn't know that they are his children!
    Ridiculous charges.

I don't like Wolverine so much, but I find it difficult to rejoice in death, even in fiction.

He was mind-controlled.
    I'd rather see him dead for things like this

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And year after year I continue to be amazed by fandom's ability to blame the character for weird, out of character stuff and not the writer. Characters don't have any choice in these matters, they just do whatever inane thing their writers tell them to.
    Technically yeah, but it's something still reflected in the fictional world. Bendis can ride off into the sunset with a bag of cheese doodles while someone 15 years from now is addressing the fallout of his story. It depends on the writer to deal with continuity, but it's also part of Marvel's territory and there's an obligation to make it "matter."

And hey guys, if he's being punished for bad comics surely the works of Loeb and Guggenheim come first.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 07-13-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

By the way, when was Wolverine a nazi? Because he also was in a concentration camp around the same time.
    He was a nazi spy in Origins before he switched sides. I know he was also in a camp which makes it more bizarre. He was also hinted at being the creator of Weapon X also. So in essence it was him experimenting... on himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the nazi guard that harrassed himself when he was in the camps. Its amazing how Logan can be everywhere. This proves he has a double running around.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-13-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    They attacked him! He didn't know that they are his children!
    Ridiculous charges.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. But that doesn't matter to some people. I was just pointing out the usual fan gripes.

And year after year I continue to be amazed by fandom's ability to blame the character for weird, out of character stuff and not the writer. Characters don't have any choice in these matters, they just do whatever inane thing their writers tell them to. Saint Claremont used the N-word, not Kitty Pryde. Joe Quesada ordered "No ore Mutants", not Wanda. Bendis killed a ton of Savage Land people, not Maria Hill.
    Im actually more amazed when fans blame a character for years over something but turn around and say its no big deal with another. Well I was... such is fandom I realized.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-13-2014 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

Wolverine is one of the greatest comic characters ever created he is almost as indestructible as a creation as he is a character in the comics.All the nineties ovexposure 2000's ovexposure gimmicks bad writing Hugh Jackman making him a foot and a half taller.Telling his secret origin which I thought would ruin him.He's just such an awesome character nothing can bring him down.He's the teflon Don of superheroes.I'll give it a year before fans are irate as hell about him coming back.In that year he could still be in publication non stop.Why because he has thousands of untold tails from his secret past.He can't be stopped because he's just awesome and interesting as hell.Marvel knows this about the character they know you will bitch moan and cry about it.They also know no matter how much you bitch moan and cry at the same time you will be digging in your pockets to buy Wolverine across all platforms.Because you love him.
    Last edited by doodledude; 07-13-2014 at 05:53 AM.

I'm just glad he's dying. Marvel's over-saturated him and ruined what once made him awesome. He needs to stay dead for a little bit, and when he comes back Marvel NEED to be better at using him (and not OVER using him).

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think he's referring to Wolverine: Enemy of State and he was possessed by Hydra (Very good story, I recommend reading). Though I am not sure why people make such a big fuss about it. I think Northstar was resurrected almost immediately after a few months by Mike Carey.
    At the time it was a big deal because Northstar (Marvel -- and mainstream comics -- first openly LGBT character) was killed three time in three different comics in one month. Imagine they killed T'Challa (including 616) three times in three different comics in one month. Can you IMAGINE the breaking of the internet that would occur. Though (to my knowledge) Wolverine only killed 616 Northstar.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-13-2014 at 06:00 AM.

They killed Northstar three times?
    Freaking HELL I am behind on my reading.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

I don't want Wolverine to die.