Incredible Member

Default I got a SNES Classic Mini preordered!

Who else managed to snag the hottest new toy of 2017?

Lurker

No one else. You're the one guy who got one.
    It's sold out everywhere. This just a repeat of the NES classic.

Fantastic Member

i got snagged a preorder 3 days after the snes classic was first announced (im not in EU region)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Gamestop screwed me outta one , basically I was on a list to order one when it came out. . Then they basically called me Monday at work... "Yeah , I'll be tomorrow to pay the $25 for preorder.."

"No , no see you gotta come now because its 1st come 1st serve and we have people in store.." I was like...GO GET FUCKED.

Basically because some scum **** at Gamestop wanted a commission he screwed me outta getting it. That will be my last dealings with Gamestop after I get my South Park game and I'll gladly tell them to their face when I go there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Waiting for the N64 Classic Mini instead, I'll dance the dance with that most likely since that's more my childhood era of gaming... unless Sony elects to do something similar with the PS1, maybe.

Nintendo need to stop being dicks about these things though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gamestop screwed me outta one , basically I was on a list to order one when it came out. . Then they basically called me Monday at work... "Yeah , I'll be tomorrow to pay the $25 for preorder.."

"No , no see you gotta come now because its 1st come 1st serve and we have people in store.." I was like...GO GET FUCKED.

Basically because some scum **** at Gamestop wanted a commission he screwed me outta getting it. That will be my last dealings with Gamestop after I get my South Park game and I'll gladly tell them to their face when I go there.
    At least they had the decency to call you. Imagine showing up and they're like "All gone, brah."

Lurker

I was at EB Games (our version of GameStop in Canada) at 12:30pm on Tuesday and asked the guy there if they were taking pre-orders on the SNES Classic. He told me he didn't know when they would go up for preorder basically dismissed me. I went back to work and then checked Twitter an hour or so later to see that preorders went up at 1pm and it was sold out everywhere.
    I'm pretty pissed that I missed it by a half hour and that the guy didn't give me a heads up. I know he probably wasn't allowed to say anything, but it still angered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Waiting for the N64 Classic Mini instead, I'll dance the dance with that most likely since that's more my childhood era of gaming... unless Sony elects to do something similar with the PS1, maybe.

Nintendo need to stop being dicks about these things though.
    I'd love for them to do an N64 classic, but on the other hand, **** Nintendo. I missed the SNES classic because I committed the crime of not being awake at 5 am to grab a pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    At least they had the decency to call you. Imagine showing up and they're like "All gone, brah."
    When I signed up I was told , if we call you and your wanting it , we reserve it. Anyhow the guy wanted a commission so bad , when I go in the store I'll let the one guy know. I'll be like , I wanted a SNES Classic , I was 2nd on list. But when I was told I couldn't come in the next day to reserve one that was bullshit.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    When I signed up I was told , if we call you and your wanting it , we reserve it. Anyhow the guy wanted a commission so bad , when I go in the store I'll let the one guy know. I'll be like , I wanted a SNES Classic , I was 2nd on list. But when I was told I couldn't come in the next day to reserve one that was bullshit.
    I think the person who originally signed you up didn't know what they were doing. I have friends who work in GameStop and they said there was never a waiting list for preorders. Because, let's be real, isn't that what a preorder is for? To reserve an item in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I committed the crime of not being awake at 5 am to grab a pre-order.
    You monster.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    I think the person who originally signed you up didn't know what they were doing. I have friends who work in GameStop and they said there was never a waiting list for preorders. Because, let's be real, isn't that what a preorder is for? To reserve an item in advance.
    It was more a list to contact and ask if you wanted it. Either way I feel screwed over by the company and it continues a dumb trend GameStop has had for years. Business is in the crapper , they are taking heat for a lot of things. Now they do this and a number of folks are like....F-CK GAME STOP ! I'm not shocked they are taking massive heat.

I still have my SNES system from way back when. Will it play the games they are making for the new version?

I still have my PS1 too!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I still have my SNES system from way back when. Will it play the games they are making for the new version?

I still have my PS1 too!
    As I understand it the Classic Mini consoles are like USB things you connect to a TV with the games inbuilt in, they can't add any more.

I would love a PS1 take on the Classic Mini with Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Parappa, Abe's Oddysee, Ape Escape, Dino Crisis 1 and 2, Wipeout and the like.

Fantastic Member

its apparently out in some parts of the world