Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics#986 Discussion and Spoilers

Neat thinking of Lex to drain away most of his suit in an all-out ''attack'', and we got to see Oz at the end after all, putting the heat on Lex's suit and scorching his S shield.

Incredible Member

I'm glad someone finally ripped the S off Lex. I haven't minded him playing good guy for a while, but he shouldn't have been wearing that symbol for so long (maybe not at all). I liked the visceral nature of the art, but it also felt a bit scratchy to me.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Superman losing faith as human and as kryptonian now might make much more sense. The way he was talking about how Lex inspired hope in Superman that even the worst of humanity has potential for good. Mr Oz being spoilers:
    Jor-El. You can see now that once these two personas will be revealed as villains, where one is his father and second is redeemed Lex, it will crush Superman's spirit for sure.
    end of spoilers

I liked how easily Oz dealt with Lex and his attacks and ripped the "S" off Lex's suit. Yes Oz, you are smarter than Lex, you've already proven that. Still don't understand how Oz controlled the machines in Lex's lab. He can command to machines? I think it's pretty safe at this juncture to assume that Mr. Oz is a Kryptonian, maybe the rumors are correct and he really is Jor-El. About art, I liked March's work in Trinity annual 1 but here it felt mediocre. Overall an okay filler arc.

BANNED

Oz looked decidedly similar to hour man android.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Feeling meh over this story overall, excited for Oz affect in 2 weeks tho
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 08-23-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Incredible Member

...does anyone at DC even know what a Mother Box *is* any more? Seriously?

My friends are talking about Jor-El again, blue eyes, heat vision... His father will make Luthor the worst enemy of superman again..

When Oz says "and soon you'll be gone", I wonder if he's portending some doom for the human race, or if this is evidence of the theory that its Lex who has the brain tumor in Doomsday Clock.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    When Oz says "and soon you'll be gone", I wonder if he's portending some doom for the human race, or if this is evidence of the theory that its Lex who has the brain tumor in Doomsday Clock.
    More likely the latter. Oz seems to adore Jon, but he is a kryptonian-human hybrid, so I doubt that he has some bias towards the entire humanity. I'm wondering what he is going to tell to Lois.

BANNED

So it just occured to me both Lois and Clark's dads are assholes. That's certainly an interesting wrinkle to put on their relationship conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So it just occured to me both Lois and Clark's dads are assholes. That's certainly an interesting wrinkle to put on their relationship conversations.
    Jor-El may have been Clark's father, but he wasn't his daddy.

Spectacular Member

After seeing that scar, something told me Oz could be Preus, but the mark on the Superman symbol is going the other way.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I disagree that Jor-El is an *******, I'm sure there are most twists to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I disagree that Jor-El is an *******, I'm sure there are most twists to come.
    I imagine he believes he's going good, despite his methods.

I also don't think DC will want to tear down Jor-El's image that much but you never know.