Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Batman's not defined by THAT either.

During the No Man Land series dude just had a bunker with nothing in it but a Pickup Truck.
    That's one story where he's forced to operate without all of his toys because an Earth quake destroyed everything and he lost control of the city.

How long after that plotline resolved did he go back to using a cave with a computer?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spectacular Member

Vibranium is an element right so there is more than one source in the universe, so i don't see how this is a real problem once this vibranium does not come to earth and suddenly supplant Wakanda and Savage Lands connection to vibranium there is nothing wrong. Wakanda or the B.P should have gotten a courtesy name drop but outside of that its nothing bad.

More would have to happen for this to prove itself a conspiracy to cut Wakanda out of the MCU and MU Like actual evidence that this Space Vibranium will be prominently featured outside a few Captain Marvel comics.

Also this Space Vibranum also opens up a way for a Wakanda cosmic connection Wakanda through interstellar trade agreements could start getting vibranium straight from the source. Very few stories are so bad that they cannot be spun into a boon for the B.P mythos by a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's one story where he's forced to operate without all of his toys because an Earth quake destroyed everything and he lost control of the city.

How long after that plotline resolved did he go back to using a cave with a computer?
    are you arguing that this story will lead to elimination of the B.Ps association with vibranium?
    Last edited by Zuri; 07-11-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Funny stuff, mate.

However, I am more into quality appearances rather than wallflower/jobber quantity appearances.

Look at how BP was presented in Kurt Busiek's Ultron Unlimited story against Bendis' Age of Ultron.

Quality > Quantity
    We are 20 issues into New Avengers and Black Panther is the only character in the Illuminati that has done no worse than draw (wth fake Batman).

5 issues into Original Sin with no jobbing yet to be seen.

And a one off reference to Vibrianium in a story that most likely won't EVER be referenced again is causing a mass pearl clutching?

I can't see the issue other than heads looking for something to be mad at.

BANNED

Next you will be telling me Batman is defined by the Giant Penny in his Batcave.
    Nope.

We'll just point out the fact that Batman is so etablished as a globally recognizable character that writers like Hickman actually have analogues of the Dark Knight going toe-to-toe with T'Challa in the latest pages of New Avengers.

That's what being defined is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    are you arguing that this story will lead to elimination of the B.Ps association with vibranium?
    It's not like there isn't precedence for making that attempt.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

I guess this just breaks down to some people don't think it's a big deal and that it doesn't have an effect while other see this as one more move in a long line that serves to cheapen the brand.

Kind of like stuff that used to be desinger ending up on the clearance racks at Target.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Pull List:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Note: Careful how you deal with Sue Kelly you don't want to encourage the TROLLING that happened before the CBR reboot... She is just another writer doing her thing it's up to Marvel editorial to place the same protection on Black Panther it did for Doom in Doomwar and Namor after what he just did!

If she saw an opening and went for it on behalf of her character that's her right as the writer but Marvel should be the one responsible for protecting the Black Panther intellectual property as it does others when it says "NO" to oh so many other retcons!

Tread carefully and wisely...
    There are no misogynistic savages in this thread so Ms DeConnick has nothing to worry about from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    There are no misogynistic savages in this thread so Ms DeConnick has nothing to worry about from us.
    A lot of us like Deconnick. That's not going to change, that doesn't mean we like this particular story thread.
    Pull List:

Yeah, looking at the twitter convo, please don't turn it into a dogpiling on Kelly Sue. I'd rather not be used as ammo for some more BS.

Also, there have been other non-Wakandan strains of Vibranium, some pre-dating Wakanda/BP's first appearance. Ani-Metal, which is what it was called earlier, first appeared in Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yeah, looking at the twitter convo, please don't turn it into a dogpiling on Kelly Sue. I'd rather not be used as ammo for some more BS.

Also, there have been other non-Wakandan strains of Vibranium, some pre-dating Wakanda/BP's first appearance. Ani-Metal, which is what it was called earlier, first appeared in Daredevil.
    There have been two. Anti-Metal from antarctica and Vibranium (from Wakanda).
    Pull List:

BANNED

I see no evidence of this "dogpiling" you speak of and know that most of the people posting in this thread are responsible individuals so there's really no need for sensationalism.

Are we talking about other strains of Vibranium in this thread?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I see no evidence of this "dogpiling" you speak of and know that most of the people posting in this thread are responsible individuals so there's really no need for sensationalism.
    Yea we're just asking for some clarification. None of us are being disrespectful.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

We are 20 issues into New Avengers and Black Panther is the only character in the Illuminati that has done no worse than draw (wth fake Batman).

5 issues into Original Sin with no jobbing yet to be seen.

And a one off reference to Vibrianium in a story that most likely won't EVER be referenced again is causing a mass pearl clutching?

I can't see the issue other than heads looking for something to be mad at.
    The various complaints folks have about BP's appearances in NA have been well documented. Whether he is making empty threats, exiled from his land, his ex-wife gettin' down with a whore monger who has already slept with another character, and laughing with the guy that decimated his people. BP can laugh with Namor, but not Klaw?

Personally, I never mentioned anything about the fight with the fake Batman.

I have seen too many instances of BP being choke-slammed in the mud to pro up other characters. So, I will be overly cautious whenever my favorite hero is appearing in a story since he has not solo title to call home.

I am tired of the deconstruction of BP. I want BP two steps ahead of the game with flashes of over the top high-adventure, & a little romance on the side.

This. Its best we just ignore this stuff for now before someone turns it into something else.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    A lot of us like Deconnick. That's not going to change, that doesn't mean we like this particular story thread.
    I hear you my brother.

I'm a Pretty Deadly fan myself but besides that, there's no way in hell I'd take to social media to insult anyone. (creator or otherwise)

I'll still read the Captain Marvel book because I like both writer and character but like you said, we're under no obligation to like this particular story strand.