Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This. Its best we just ignore this stuff for now before someone turns it into something else.
    She's been pretty forthcoming about the whole thing. She said she wanted a really strong metal and the earth based stores were destroyed so she thought it would be a cool jump off point for the future. She also said it wasn't "Planet Vibranium" just that there was a large reserve of it on that planet.

I'm alright with that response but I'd like to see that firmed up on page at some point so that "the source" is still somewhere out there.

It's that "Pissant Planet where it comes from line" that gets me.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    She's been pretty forthcoming about the whole thing. She said she wanted a really strong metal and the earth based stores were destroyed so she thought it would be a cool jump off point for the future. She also said it wasn't "Planet Vibranium" just that there was a large reserve of it on that planet.

I'm alright with that response but I'd like to see that firmed up on page so that "the source" is still somewhere out there.
    So its not where Vibranium is from

I'm good with that, a meteor probably hit there like Wakanda.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This. Its best we just ignore this stuff for now before someone turns it into something else.
    The only people "turning it into something else" right now, are the ones raising a false alarm for something that no one currently posting in this thread would dream of doing.

I've posted my little question and moved on.

BANNED

I'm alright with that response but I'd like to see that firmed up on page at some point so that "the source" is still somewhere out there.

It's that "Pissant Planet where it comes from line" that gets me.
    If no one from this thread had bothered to pose this question to her she probably wouldn't have known that there were any BP enthusiasts reading Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The only people "turning it into something else" right now, are the ones raising a false alarm for something that no one currently posting in this thread would dream of doing.

I've posted my little question and moved on.
    This. She answered it just fine. I ain't fully satisfied, but it wasn't Captain Marvel nicking a Black Panther certain classic in "Planet Vibranium". Just her making use of the metal for the story.

I suggested to her that she team CM up with Shuri and revisit this someday.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

I'm proud of my Wakandan brethren today.

We reached out to the writer concerned with tact and respect and broke bread without incident.

It felt good.

I suggested to her that she team CM up with Shuri and revisit this someday.
    That would be freaking awesome.

We reached out to the writer concerned with tact and respect and broke bread without incident.

It felt good.
    Come on now. It's not like we're "Remender Enders". <- I'm coining that.

But we also might have got her to kick around some story potential that might not have otherwise been mined. Pun intended.
    Pull List:

Ultimate Member

It felt good.
    Well give credit to the writer who replied as well. We have seen other writers go off on fans who DARED asked questions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well give credit to the writer who replied as well. We have seen other writers go off on fans who DARED asked questions.
    I've given her credit on Twitter but I see no reason to not do the same over here.

Kelly Sue DeConnick is the bomb as a writer and all round cool person.

I'll build a shrine to her if she writes a story featuring Carol and Shuri kicking ass togther.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 03:48 PM.

hold up here now.... no where in this capt marvel ish does it say, insinuate, or suggest this planet has any particular link to the origins of vibranium... what is on the pages ....is that on this basicly previously deserted planet, where a group of refugees where relocated there... the spartax forces relocating the refugees discover a new deposit of vibranium....

i submit the following page..... in no way is the vibranium on this planet special except the colonial forces stealing via fracking like mining that is making the refugees sick..... if anything ksd highlights the value of the vibranium in wakanda and the advanced techniques we..... i mean they employ to mine the mineral

this is some #fireremender business..... this is a net positive for black panther.... just like lebron coming home is also a net plus for the black panther brand

as far as the aliens calling it vibranium.... gold is gold and water is water... air is air, fire is fire... its just how space english works

Last edited by FriendRoss; 07-11-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    hold up here now.... no where in this capt marvel ish does it say, insinuate, or suggest this planet has any particular link to the origins of vibranium... what is on the pages ....is that on this basicly previously deserted planet, where a group of refugees where relocated there... the spartax forces relocating the refugees discover a new deposit of vibranium....

i submit the following page..... in no way is the vibranium on this planet special except the colonial forces stealing via fracking like mining that is making the refugees sick..... if anything ksd highlights the value of the vibranium in wakanda and the advanced techniques we..... i mean they employ to mine the mineral

this is some #fireremender business..... this is a net positive for black panther.... just like lebron coming home is also a net plus for the black panther brand

as far as the aliens calling it vibranium.... gold is gold and water is water... air is air, fire is fire... its just how space english works

I do think the part about the vibranium sickness essentially highlights the idea that the Wakandans, unlike the miners, actually know what they heck they are doing. So there's a potential compliment in there somewhere if one chooses to read it that way.

Though we also know there are different varients of vibranium (earth alone has 2) so the vibranium in Captain Marvel in theory could be different than the vibranium in Black Panther. It sort of looks different if nothing else.

Ultimate Member

Only if the editor allows Sue to use him or reference him.

It just seems like they don't want him around but don't have the balls to just say it.

Also. Carol and T'challa have never had a good relationship.

Most instances I can think of don't have carol budying up to panther at all. In character I think it actual makes sense she wouldn't name check t'challa.

A point man is still needed. But this isn't something that needed blocked. But since we get little vibranium action with Hickman it's a touchy subject for us. I get it... Just like Lebron gets it

Also. Carol and T'challa have never had a good relationship.

Most instances I can think of don't have carol budying up to panther at all. In character I think it actual makes sense she wouldn't name check t'challa.

A point man is still needed. But this isn't something that needed blocked. But since we get little vibranium action with Hickman it's a touchy subject for us. I get it... Just like Lebron gets it
    I don't really remember seeing any vitriol between them either, I could be wrong though... I remember during Priest's run though that some Avengers play the game a little dirtier than others. I remember wasp saying something to Ironman about Panther like that. Maybe Carol is a little too straight laced to understand a guy like BP. Although she slurps Stark pretty hard...

I'll Assemble if you call it...