Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Having a villain use a Vibranium weapon in another book is one thing, giving the origin to it is another thing all together. Having a villain powered by the super solider serum is one thing, saying that it was actually this other supporting character in a Guardians of the Galaxy who's back story says that it wasn't Erskin who invented the super soldier serum, it was this guy, is whole other thing entirely, and that's whats happening here.
    That would be true and I would agree with you. But in this particular case the vibranium origin isn't happening . It's simply being used in a story. It was always a special space metal so while a few are getting up in arms because BP wasn't in the story or mentioned they are failing to consider that the metal Vibranium could very well be prevalent on a few planets. Which in return only opens up BP world.

But hey getting mad and stirng up fans is the popular thing to do on the internet so let's just keep doing that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Lol fan over reaction is so fun to watch.

Vibranium being mentioned in other places is nothing but a good thing for the Black Panther. It's a shared universe the more the facets of your fav character is mentioned in other places only increases the relvants of said character. If the character is barely mentioned anywhere outside of his or her own tittle the less other fans have to care about said character.

Really not sure why this is so hard to understand.....
    You know what you're right. This is why it was so awesome that Atlantis got destroyed in NA, but nothing was written from Namor's/Atlantis perspective. It's a shared universe so using aspects of that character to build upon another character's story spells nothing but good things in the long run.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-14-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That would be true and I would agree with you. But in this particular case the vibranium origin isn't happening . It's simply being used in a story. It was always a special space metal so while a few are getting up in arms because BP wasn't in the story or mentioned they are failing to consider that the metal Vibranium could very well be prevalent on a few planets. Which in return only opens up BP world.

But hey getting mad and stirng up fans is the popular thing to do on the internet so let's just keep doing that. Lol
    lol! I get what your saying. I'm just hoping that this is as far as this story goes into reveling the origins behind Vibranium until a future Black Panther or Hickman gets to tell that story which has so much potential to be such an epic story, and it would be shame to waste it like this without the Black Panther to boot would make it even a bigger bummer. It's not fair to tell such a meaningful potentially Earth shattering story without the person who started it and would affect the most.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-14-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    You know what you're right. This is why it was so awesome that Atlantis got destroyed in NA, but nothing was written from Namor's/Atlantis perspective. It's a shared universe so using aspects of that character to build upon another character's story spells nothing but good things in the long run.

But to get back on topic, to me at the very worst this situation could potentially be a slippery slope. At best it's just a reference point. At first I was suspicious about the whole thing, but now I'm kinda neutral. As long as it doesn't get worse.
    Last edited by Double 0; 07-14-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

But to get back on topic, to me at the very worst this situation could potentially be a slippery slope. At best it's just a reference point. At first I was suspicious about the whole thing, but now I'm kinda neutral. As long as it doesn't get worse.
    I'm satisfied with Ms. Deconnick's responses on twitter. Though, I do think this conversation should have been left part of the BP thread rather than tossed out into general discussion where it's become troll bait. It was basically resolved within about an hour.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-14-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

Lol you using an obvious negative aspect of a characters story line/world and comparing it to something that was and is being handled in a positive light. It be different if in Captain Marvel they stated that the wakandans stole or killed to claim metal from and unprepared weaker world. Showing the wakandans as bullies or something but it wasn't like that at all.

A fair comparison of what's happening here would be if a Namor fan/fans getting upset that Namor was not mentioned every time some character in the MU were on a boat or discovered an item in a large body if water . It's sorta silly.
    Last edited by Trident; 07-14-2014 at 10:15 AM.

A fair comparison of what is happening here would be if a Namor fan/fans getting upset that Namor was net met jones every time some character in the MU were on a boat or discovered an item in a large body if water . It's sorta silly.
    I have no idea what this sentence means.

Edit: Ah. I see, you must be using a phone.

That's still a bad analogy. Boats or "random items" aren't especially rare (or considered as such) and aren't and never have been an integral part of Namor's mythology.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-14-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Pull List:

BANNED

I have no idea what this sentence means.
    I'm saying BP fans getting out raged by the use of vibranium in another book without BP being mentioned is as silly as a Namor fan getting upset that large bodies of water is being used in another story without Namor being involved.

Now it perfectly clear.

I think it's a good thing that the metal is being used else where. It's one of the good things to come out of the BP franchise and it's space connection has never been tapped into. Besides that it was handled well.
    Last edited by Trident; 07-14-2014 at 10:23 AM.

For Satan's sake, the vibranium isn't even that important to the story. It's just a MacGuffin.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I'm saying BP fans getting out raged by the use of vibranium in another book without being mentioned is as silly as a Namor can getting upset that large bodies of water is being used without Namor being involved.
    Atlantean tech is made out of water?

As Michael has pointed out, this isn't much of an issue. I'm just saying your analogy's off.

Also, science time: Assuming vibranium is its own element rather than an alloy (reasonable given its presence in meteor deposits), then its "origin" is the same as that of all the other heavy elements: in supernovas. So it could occur naturally lots of places in the universe.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Atlantean tech is made out of water?

As Michael has pointed out, this isn't much of an issue. I'm just saying your analogy's off.
    Wakandan tech wasn't used anywhere in the story. The metal Vibrianum(spelling) was.
    And yeah staking out a claim on a metal because it is heavily associated with a character is like staking out a claim on water for Namor. It is like saying that if any character makes a discovery or has something involved or to do with water Namor must be present. It's silly. If anything I would be happy because it just gives Namor one more opportunity to show up somewhere else in the MU. Not that he needs to mind you since he makes several appearances in a given year . I wonder why that is....oh yeah, that's because his story lines, history, and other facets have been ingrained in other places in the MU instead of being hoarded in one place.
    Last edited by Trident; 07-14-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Wakandan tech wasn't used anywhere in the story. The metal Vibrianum(spelling) was.
    Right, and for your analogy to work, Atlantean tech has to be made out of water.

What you are saying is that Vibranium is to Wakandan tech like Water is to Atlantean Tech.

Just fix the analogy.

And yeah staking out a claim on a metal because it is heavily associated with a character is like staking out a claim on water for Namor. It is like saying that if any character makes a discovery or has something involved or to do with water Namor must be present. It's silly. If anything I would be happy because it just gives Namor one more opportunity to show up somewhere else in the MU. Not that he needs to mind you since he makes several appearances in a given year . I wonder why that is....oh yeah, that's because his story lines, history, and other facets have been ingrained in other places in the MU instead of being hoarded in one place.
    You know that's been a specific plot issue for Namor multiple times right? He claims that the entirety of oceans on Earth are his domain.
    Pull List:

You know that's been a specific plot issue for Namor multiple times right? He claims that the entirety of oceans on Earth are his domain.
    And yet, Namor has not appeared in every story that takes place on or near the ocean.