Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This honestly makes perfect sense to me. Vibranium is from outer space. One small nation on earth shouldn't be the only people in the universe using it. I'm frankly surprised it took this long for a space story to use it.
    Like Maj said something this unique to a characters mythos shouldn't happen in a book not connected to the character. The origin planet of Vibranium should be brought up first in a Black Panther book or a book he's in.
    We need better comics

i bought the issue but have not read it yet... have been following the series

skimmed over the posted images... will read the full story and report back

the planet the refuges where on was making them sick... ill look into this further tonight... but yeah, dont like capt marvel unraveling the mystery of where vibranium came from... but im not going to jump to conclusions yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    i bought the issue but have not read it yet... have been following the series

skimmed over the posted images... will read the full story and report back

the planet the refuges where on was making them sick... ill look into this further tonight... but yeah, dont like capt marvel unraveling the mystery of where vibranium came from... but im not going to jump to conclusions yet
    I read the book earlier today (UK time) and will say that I was very unhappy with where Ms Deconnick has gone as far as the Vibranium issue is concerned.

It's like marvel editorial won't rest until they've completely rendered the BP mythos completely irrelevant.

First you had Maberry rubbishing Wakanda for supposed "Vibranium dependency" and now we have the latest shenanigans in Captain Marvel #5.

At what point do people begin to realize that the BP mythos can only bleed out so much before dying?

Extraordinary Member

I can see if that story featured BP as a guest star, but no even that.

You don't tackle a mutant issue in a non-mutant comic without some X-Man (we all know one in particular) guest starring.

Where are the writers of the Busiek, Waid, Englehart, and Stern variety who followed the etiquette such things?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is a bunch of feces. I can see if that story featured BP as a guest star, but no even that.

You don't tackle a mutant issue in a non-mutant comic without some X-Man (we all know one in particular) guest starring.

Where are the writers of the Busiek, Waid, Englehart, and Stern variety who followed the etiquette such things?
    Ms Deconnick is one of my favourite writers just off of her work on Pretty Deadly so it's not as if I'm knocking her personally.

It's the slapdash attitude of Marvel editorial that I've always had issue with where all things Black Panther related are concerned.

It's bad enough that Doomwar and AvX impacted upon the BP mythos so badly but this Vibranium discovery thing in Captain Marvel #5 really takes the biscuit. :smh:

FLEX was right.

The BP Mythos definitely needs someone to take point because as things stand right now, it's open season on all the things that make the mythos so much fun.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-10-2014 at 02:04 PM.

I am not one to Bitch and Moan about stuff...

But... damn that ain't cool. Not cool at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Like Maj said something this unique to a characters mythos shouldn't happen in a book not connected to the character. The origin planet of Vibranium should be brought up first in a Black Panther book or a book he's in.
    Vibranium has been in the MU for decades. I do agree that it would make sense for a BP book to tackle the subject but they didn't.

BANNED

Vibranium has been in the MU for decades. I do agree that it would make sense for a BP book to tackle the subject but they didn't.
    There'd have to be a Black Panther solo book actually published in the first place for that to happen wouldn't there?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Ms Deconnick is one of my favourite writers just off of her work on Pretty Deadly so it's not as if I'm knocking her personally.

It's the slapdash attitude of Marvel editorial that I've always had issue with where all things Black Panther related are concerned.

It's bad enough that Doomwar and AvX impacted upon the BP mythos so badly but this Vibranium discovery thing in Captain Marvel #5 really takes the biscuit. :smh:

FLEX was right.

The BP Mythos definitely needs someone to take point because as things stand right now, it's open season on all the things that make the mythos so much fun.
    Yes, BP needs someone at Marvel with Flex-style dedication working behind the scenes to prevent stuff like this from happening.

Extraordinary Member

If BP was guest starring, and presented as an equal partner & fellow Avenger, I would have not one issue with it.

I recently read this classic Iron Man annual guest starring the Black Panther, and a pre-Iron Man James Rhodes. The story took place in Wakanda, using various themes from previous BP stories. Both Iron Man & BP are presented as Avengers of equal footing, dealing with individual challenges.

The story had a great physical confrontation between BP & Killmonger.

I miss old school Marvel.

What's funny is that I have a contingency plan for Marvel strip mining the Black Panther mythos because I expected it so when I am "Point Man" in a separate office with my Manhattan Project creative team I will work around it without a care for what goes on everywhere outside of Wakanda!

Sure Black Panther is more than just a rock but the subtle jabs are more than obvious now and I am starting to like it because my son watches the old reruns of the TV shows Criminal Minds, Monk and Burn Notice so there are dead giveaways as to why certain people's pathologies are the way that they are if you read carefully into them!

Of all the stories to produce one that tampers with the vibranium source speaks volumes as to how you feel deep down because you sure are not coming up with multiple radio active spiders to bite more random persons!

Many of you wanted "Ensemble" and they delivered it for you just not in the way you would have wanted it to happen... The greater Marvel universe may not be such a good friend to the Black Panther character as a whole!

In my super hot Black Panther fan fiction I detailed the very impact of the vibranium meteor crashing right into the middle of a four sided war in Wakanda and immediately made it's powers and properties known in a way not used by Marvel to help explain why the Wakandan warriors were so strong and also the origins of the Dora Milage!

You have to make these things absolute canon for them to stick or at least make them so relevant to your world building that anyone that dares tamper with them makes so many others upset that they have to retcon their world not yours to make peace!

"Nostalgia" may all but be gone by the time a Black Panther solo comic gets relaunched but if it's the same ole usual suspects writing it watch as they claim to love Black Panther publicly but unlike Hudlin they will not raise a stink about what goes on that neuters the character continuously outside of what they write!

It's clear that Marvel summit meetings do not favor Black Panther so perhaps big time chief "Architect" Hickman is not the "Point Man" Wakanda needs but one it's fans deserve... Batman The Dark Knight reference!

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR... I think I see a Wakanda Going Out Of Business Sale over there!"

Black Panther: "We're slashing prices everything must go... Look at this shiny rock the first 100 callers get a 50% discount! Look over here we have old unused thrones collecting dust, Hell's Kitchen t-shirts with yellow stains under the arm pits and cracked Doomwar coffee mugs all for low low prices! Wakandan warriors are standing by to take your credit card numbers because they don't fight in battles anymore they just sit around counting all the broken spears that the Doras tossed at my feet... And those are for sale too everything must go!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4cO9GkWPTo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, BP needs someone at Marvel with Flex-style dedication working behind the scenes to prevent stuff like this from happening.
    Really in this instance it just needed one of the previous BP writers to think of doing it first. Again vibranium has been around for decades. Kirby and Priest and Hudlin and all the rest aren't interested then there's no reason some one else can't.

A Black Panther "point man" got us the Marvel Knights cartoon. Ofcourse one is needed but the question is would Marvel actually hire another one.

At this point, all I ask is...

"Who is the Black Panther?"
    SMH
    Last edited by The_Panther; 07-10-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: grammer

BANNED

Really in this instance it just needed one of the previous BP writers to think of doing it first. Again vibranium has been around for decades. Kirby and Priest and Hudlin and all the rest aren't interested then there's no reason some one else can't.
    I don't think you or anyone else currently posting in this thread (including myself) is in any position to comment or speculate as to why previous Black Panther scribes did not have T'Challa seek out the origins of Wakandan Vibranium.

What we do know based on commentary of the last few BP scribes is that editorial interference has always played a role in how things transpire in practically all stories featuring Wakanda as a concept regardless of whether same occur within an ensemble book or a Black Panther solo on going.

Besides, the point of contention in this instance Isn't so much that previous Black Panther scribes haven't explored this avenue but more the fact that a development of this magnitude not being linked to the BP mythos even tangentially reeks of editorial oversight bordering on the ludicrous at best or extremely cynical at worst.

To suggest otherwise or fail to at least consider the negative impact upon the Black Panther Mythology is disingenuous to say the very least and quite besides the point of contention which still remains, the wholesale strip mining of tropes associated with Black Panther for the purpose of enriching other characters books and movies whilst reducing the viability of a Black Panther on going book or the originality of any possible Marvel movie featuring the eponymous former Wakandan Monarch.