Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    A Black Panther "point man" got us the Marvel Knights cartoon. Ofcourse one is needed but the question is would Marvel actually hire another one.
    Absolutely correct.

For all the disdain Reginald Hudlin gets from some, he remains the only writer who fits the Point Man description where charting the course for T'Challa an Wakanda were concerned.

He got things done with T'Challa's forward momentum that no one else can lay claim to having done apart from Priest who wasn't't able to achieve what Hudlin did with the marriage between T'Challa and Storm.

That was some undiluted Point Man sterling stuff on Hudlin's part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    What's funny is that I have a contingency plan for Marvel strip mining the Black Panther mythos because I expected it so when I am "Point Man" in a separate office with my Manhattan Project creative team I will work around it without a care for what goes on everywhere outside of Wakanda!

Sure Black Panther is more than just a rock but the subtle jabs are more than obvious now and I am starting to like it because my son watches the old reruns of the TV shows Criminal Minds, Monk and Burn Notice so there are dead giveaways as to why certain people's pathologies are the way that they are if you read carefully into them!

Of all the stories to produce one that tampers with the vibranium source speaks volumes as to how you feel deep down because you sure are not coming up with multiple radio active spiders to bite more random persons!

Many of you wanted "Ensemble" and they delivered it for you just not in the way you would have wanted it to happen... The greater Marvel universe may not be such a good friend to the Black Panther character as a whole!

In my super hot Black Panther fan fiction I detailed the very impact of the vibranium meteor crashing right into the middle of a four sided war in Wakanda and immediately made it's powers and properties known in a way not used by Marvel to help explain why the Wakandan warriors were so strong and also the origins of the Dora Milage!

You have to make these things absolute canon for them to stick or at least make them so relevant to your world building that anyone that dares tamper with them makes so many others upset that they have to retcon their world not yours to make peace!

"Nostalgia" may all but be gone by the time a Black Panther solo comic gets relaunched but if it's the same ole usual suspects writing it watch as they claim to love Black Panther publicly but unlike Hudlin they will not raise a stink about what goes on that neuters the character continuously outside of what they write!

It's clear that Marvel summit meetings do not favor Black Panther so perhaps big time chief "Architect" Hickman is not the "Point Man" Wakanda needs but one it's fans deserve... Batman The Dark Knight reference!

Point Man: "STOP THE RANGE ROVER SIR... I think I see a Wakanda Going Out Of Business Sale over there!"

Black Panther: "We're slashing prices everything must go... Look at this shiny rock the first 100 callers get a 50% discount! Look over here we have old unused thrones collecting dust, Hell's Kitchen t-shirts with yellow stains under the arm pits and cracked Doomwar coffee mugs all for low low prices! Wakandan warriors are standing by to take your credit card numbers because they don't fight in battles anymore they just sit around counting all the broken spears that the Doras tossed at my feet... And those are for sale too everything must go!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4cO9GkWPTo
    Agreeing with all of the above.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And thus the strip mining and daylight robbery of the Black Panther mythos continues unabated. :smh:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mergu8.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/30bzgg1.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/25zpjjl.jpg

The more I see Marvel writers playing fast and loose with aspect of established Black Panther mythos lore, the more apparent it becomes that Flex-Hectic's call for a Point Man to safeguard said mythos isn't as outlandish as some would seem to believe. :smh:

I seem to remember some posters suggesting T'Challa heading an intergalactic mission to establish the original source of the meteor that brought Vibranium to Wakanda.

It would appear that Kelly Sue DeConnick has taken a leaf out of our book.

And some still argue against the importance of having a solo Black Panther book.

By the time Marvel editorial have finished strip mining T'Challa's world of all that makes it unique, there'll be nothing left to base a solo book on.:smh:

But in my fanfic it wasnt even called Vibranium--on the home world in which it was discovered. The planet was called Vibron.

This will all pay-off if Black Panther Guest-stars. Wherein he takes a space ship and flies it (the vibranium) back to Wakanda.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 07-10-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But in my fanfic it wasnt even called Vibranium--on the home world in which it was discovered. The planet was called Vibron.

This will all pay-off if Black Panther Guest-stars. Wherein he takes a space ship and flies it (the vibranium) back to Wakanda.
    Or at the very least press a button and render all "UNPROCESSED" Vibranium inert.

BANNED

There i no positive payoff for T'Challa or the BP mythos with this latest development and to be quite frank, as much as I love Ms Deconnick's work, I have to call out hazy writing on this gig.

Re-reading Cap Marvel #5 again, J'Son and the guy he was trying to strong arm both referred to the metal as being Vibranium.

Why in the hell would two aliens be referring to a metal named by ancient Wakandan's thousands of years ago by the same name used by the earthlings?

Surely Vibranium would be known to J'Son and co by a different name. No?

Like I said, hazy writing and editorial indifference.

That or they just don't give a frak.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    A Black Panther "point man" got us the Marvel Knights cartoon. Ofcourse one is needed but the question is would Marvel actually hire another one.
    There are upsides to hiring a network president to be a comic book writer. Like getting cartoons. Shame marvel can't hire more network executives to write books for them.

T'Challa showing up at the end of the story to steal their vibranium would be pretty funny.

I'm happy about this development. The more the rest of the MU ties into T'Challa world, the higher profile things will rise. I'd love to see T'Challa's foes appear in other comics, for other heroes too. Vlad the Impaler vs. Elektra, Achebe vs. Storm, Doctor Nightshade vs. Wolverine. The more the mythos is used by others, the more it will build for T'Challa. This is a GOOD thing.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mergu8.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/30bzgg1.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/25zpjjl.jpg[/IMG]

Everyone uses Klaw that's how he became a joke
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm happy about this development. The more the rest of the MU ties into T'Challa world, the higher profile things will rise. I'd love to see T'Challa's foes appear in other comics, for other heroes too. Vlad the Impaler vs. Elektra, Achebe vs. Storm, Doctor Nightshade vs. Wolverine. The more the mythos is used by others, the more it will build for T'Challa. This is a GOOD thing.
    Do you see Wakanda or BP mentioned here? It doesn't tie in it undermines.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Everyone uses Klaw that's how he became a joke
    Klaw was awesome in Thunderbolts; kicking ass (taking down the whole team in one blast) and challenging Cowl for leadership. It's where I became interested in the character, and was very excited to learn he's a major BP foe. So I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    But we don't know where this story will lead, or what the next writer will do linked to this. The more connected things become, the more exposure they get across many fronts, from readers who haven't tried BP comics, but (in research or appearances of characters they enjoy down the line in T'Challa comic) they are brought into the fold.

BANNED

Not only does it undermine but it also paves the way for one of the most recognized components of the Black Panther mythos to be reduced to common fodder for writers not particularly invested in writing anything Black Panther orientated.

And let's not forget the fact that Vibranium (alongside the Quinjets now attributed to Tony Stark) is already being mentioned in various Marvel movies without even the slightest reference to T'Challa.

As I've said before in this thread, at what point do people realize that the strip mining of the Black Panther mythos for the purpose of benefiting and strengthening other characters within the 616 MU, is detrimental to the viable portrayal of T'Challa and his world?

Jonathan Maberry started this ball rolling with the nonsensical Doomwar wherein it was boldly implied that Wakanda had grown lazy through dependence on their own freaking natural resource and now, in the vacuum that exists between Maberry's ill concieved ode to Doom and Hickman's failure to clearly specify whether Wakandan Vibranium was back on the Wakandan playing field, we now have Kelly Sue DeConnick scripting J'Son of partax waxing loquacious about "his" Vibranium.

I for one, do not see this development as being beneficial to the Black Panther mythos in anyway whatsoever especially in a climate where outside of Hickman's handling of T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda no other writers are writing any of these characters in a positive light that progresses their narrative within the overarching 616 metaplot.

The Black Panther mythos has fast become the treasure trove that other writers tend to use as a backdrop for their own uninspired sagas usually to the detriment of Wakanda....

and for some strange reason, rather than BP enthusiasts to put aside their individual differences to get together and start demanding better stories we pend mot of our time trying to one up each other on some straight crabs in the barrel mentality while other fanbases forge ahead and more or less get what they want for their favoured characters.

I've always been very consistent with my approach to supporting the BP mythos and reolute refusal to settle for what I've always percieved to be scraps thrown from the table (post Hudlin) to satiate the the less discerning so my position on this Vibranium development in the Captain Marvel book shouldn't really come as a suprise to anyone.

Everyone represents for their respective fan favourite books so I see no reason why Black Panther enthusiasts should be made to feel like pariahs for raising concerns and generally discussing issues that affect the Black Panther mythos.

http://i42.tinypic.com/15plhlx.jpg
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2vcta1t.jpg
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 06:17 AM.

At this point I'd say it a tad premature to know whether it does either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I'd say it a tad premature to know whether it does either.
    What would readers say if Black Panther found a mound of Thor uru metal..and started forging little magical "Thor" hammers to sell at home depot?

What would readers say if Black Panther found a mound of Thor uru metal..and started forging little magical "Thor" hammers to sell at home depot?
    I imagine many readers would be a tad confused over Black Panther selling uru hammers Home Depot. Why would he be wasting uru on hardware tools, and why is the former king of a wealthy nation selling them at Hope Depot? At least on it's face, it wouldn't necessarily make sense and I do think a lot of readers would respond negatively to that. Though I suppose some might also find it funny.

In THIS case though, I think it makes sense. More sense than uru hammers at Home Depot at least. Vibranium comes from space, so I think it's understandable that alien races might use the stuff. Again, I'm frankly surprised it took this long to really base a story on that.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-11-2014 at 06:39 AM.