Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And that's exactly what I mean. Concepts were borrowed but nothing whatsoever was effected by the story. All the toys were returned completely as they they got it.
    Not true. When a character is fodder in other books..how is said character returned undamaged?

Sure they may not be dead..but psychologically and character-wise the character is damaged. When a character constantly loses outside of his or her own book the character is seen as a loser--by those who don;t read the character's book.

Notice how Captain Marvel and Mrs. marvel havent been killed or beat up in other books?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Not true. When a character is fodder in other books..how is said character returned undamaged?

Sure they may not be dead..but psychologically and character-wise the character is damaged. When a character constantly loses outside of his or her own book the character is seen as a loser--by those who don;t read the character's book.

Notice how Captain Marvel and Mrs. marvel havent been killed or beat up in other books?
    I'm not sure how much more you can make this clear. Your points are clear as day to me.

BANNED

And I read captain Marvel..and my one issue..was that there wasn't an Alien language astrix when it came to a Vibranium mention...as well as alien conversations. Hardly unreasonable. I mean i think enough of Kelly Sue Deconnick 's work to buy the series since she came on, in 2012. And defender her work ( not that she needs it) from people that said they hated it. Not to mention I love her Image book "Pretty Deadly" If you havent checked it out..Image came out with a 1$ first issue...check it out.

Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 07-11-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Captain Marvel "died" in age of Ultron along with the Brian Braddock Captain Britain.

The idea that Vibranum is the most important aspect of Wakanda or that Wakanda is the most important aspect of Black Panther is half the problem.

Wakanda is Black Panther what Atlantis is to Aquaman.

Notice Geoff Johns kept Aquaman out of Atlantis for almost his entire run on the character.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-11-2014 at 08:32 AM.

But again, why would Captain Marvel call Wakanda? Even if it's tied to Wakanda as a concept, it's NOT Wakanda's vibranium that's being sold. It sort of has nothing to do with them.
    Reed Richards doesn't own the negative zone but you better believe that in a story related to it he (or the FF) is likely to get name checked.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-11-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Captain Marvel "died" in age of Ultron along with the Brian Braddock Captain Britain.
    Nearly everyone died in AoU. That said I'd have prefered to see Panther go out with a laser through the chest rather than a trip and fall.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-11-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Nearly everyone died in AoU. That said I'd have rather seen Panther go out with a laser through the chest rather than a trip and fall.
    I was about to say she went out fighting not cradling a gold ultron head and breaking her neck by collateral damage. See: my point about being a loser. Also Age of Ultron sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Nearly everyone died in AoU. That said I'd have rather seen Panther go out with a laser through the chest rather than a trip and fall.
    You're obviously seeing the bigger picture.

One of the worlds most agile metahumans trips and breaks his neck?

Would that have been remotely plausible if Daredevil, Spiderman, Beast or Nightcrawler were in the frame?

I think we both know the answer to that question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    You're obviously seeing the bigger picture.

One of the worlds most agile metahumans trips and breaks his neck?

Would that have been remotely plausible if Daredevil, Spiderman, Beast or Nightcrawler were in the frame?

I think we both know the answer to that question.
    It would be like Having Black Cat die by drinking poison milk. lol

But again, why would Captain Marvel call Wakanda? Even if it's tied to Wakanda as a concept, it's NOT Wakanda's vibranium that's being sold. It sort of has nothing to do with them.

That's not to say the story can't in theory incorporate Wakanda into it if the writer choses to... but at this point I don't think there's a narrative reason for Carol to call them. If other people are selling Vibranium in space, from Wakanda's perspective so what?
    THIS. It's a shame so many are raging over something, choosing to not see the positives (i.e. possibilities of later stories linked to Wakanda). A BP writer didn't create the Wakanda School of Alternate Science, but it's a cracking idea that will see more play down the line. This is a GOOD thing. The more Wakanda is linked to the whole MU (and not isolated away) the more chance we have of it becoming a major player.

Look at Namor and Atlantis joining the X-men. Did wonders for his profile, and got him one of his longest tenures on a main cast comic (even though "such major changes should only happen in a FF comic").

The truth is IF we want T'challa and Wakanda to be major players, you need to accept it won't always be perfect. This is true of ALL other characters and countries in the MU. So the choice is a) T'challa and Wakanda remain unimportant and basically meaningless to the MU, BUT remain always under a BP writers control (and thus more likely to limbo on occasions) or b) be included in the rest of the MU, have others using Wakanda toys, which won't always be perfect (or even nice) BUT will also lead to plenty of awesome and wonderful stories that ARE worth adoring.

I choose B; and accept the consequences of that wish. We always said we wanted T'Challa to be a bigger part (RE: ANY part) of events (despite events often being criticsed for missed characterisation and concept). And then AvX happened... be careful what you wish for. BUT it also lead into Infinity, where T'Challa was front and centre of the event. Swings and roundabouts.

Emma gave Carol a pretty merciless (and brilliant) spanking in New X-men.

Instead of bitchin', I just asked Breevort on Tumblr...

As a Black Panther/T'challa/Wakanda fan, seeing Vibranium show up in Captain Marvel and possibly seeing Carol discover the source is really... concerning. Vibranium is something that is part of the Black Panther mythos and to see another character with no connection to Wakanda discover the source hurts a little bit. Especially considering a story where T'challa leads a space exploration to find the source could be epic. Why was something related so close to BP allowed to happen in Cap Marvel????
    Because it’s all one big Marvel Universe. Because it’s a story. And because the Black Panther doesn’t presently have a series. And even if he did, it’s unlikely that it would be the sort of series in which an exploration into space to find the source of Vibranium would easily fit. And because this is the idea that Kelly Sue came up with.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Instead of bitchin', I just asked Breevort on Tumblr...
    That doesn't help.

Actually it will probably make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    THIS. It's a shame so many are raging over something, choosing to not see the positives (i.e. possibilities of later stories linked to Wakanda). A BP writer didn't create the Wakanda School of Alternate Science, but it's a cracking idea that will see more play down the line. This is a GOOD thing. The more Wakanda is linked to the whole MU (and not isolated away) the more chance we have of it becoming a major player.

Look at Namor and Atlantis joining the X-men. Did wonders for his profile, and got him one of his longest tenures on a main cast comic (even though "such major changes should only happen in a FF comic").

The truth is IF we want T'challa and Wakanda to be major players, you need to accept it won't always be perfect. This is true of ALL other characters and countries in the MU. So the choice is a) T'challa and Wakanda remain unimportant and basically meaningless to the MU, BUT remain always under a BP writers control (and thus more likely to limbo on occasions) or b) be included in the rest of the MU, have others using Wakanda toys, which won't always be perfect (or even nice) BUT will also lead to plenty of awesome and wonderful stories that ARE worth adoring.

I choose B; and accept the consequences of that wish. We always said we wanted T'Challa to be a bigger part (RE: ANY part) of events (despite events often being criticsed for missed characterisation and concept). And then AvX happened... be careful what you wish for. BUT it also lead into Infinity, where T'Challa was front and centre of the event. Swings and roundabouts.

Emma gave Carol a pretty merciless (and brilliant) spanking in New X-men.

1. The Wakanda School of Alternate Science is additive. No one is arguing that people can't add to Wakandan mythos.

2. Pages like that are stupid. It's easy to come up with countless pages of various team not being there for major events. If that's the metric other books used to criticize the X-men their ineffectiveness in regards to the world at large would be legendary. It's really sort of hacky and cheap.
    Pull List:

Carol along with pretty much everyone else died in the AoU too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

The idea that Vibranum is the most important aspect of Wakanda or that Wakanda is the most important aspect of Black Panther is half the problem.

Wakanda is Black Panther what Atlantis is to Aquaman.

Notice Geoff Johns kept Aquaman out of Atlantis for almost his entire run on the character.
    Why wouldn't wakanda be the most important part of black panther?

If you have a problem with Wakanda as a reader its best you read another character's book. Vibranium is an important part of wakanda because they won't be where they are now without it. What's wrong with it being important.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 07-11-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    We need better comics