Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Captain Marvel "died" in age of Ultron along with the Brian Braddock Captain Britain.

The idea that Vibranum is the most important aspect of Wakanda or that Wakanda is the most important aspect of Black Panther is half the problem.

Wakanda is Black Panther what Atlantis is to Aquaman.

Notice Geoff Johns kept Aquaman out of Atlantis for almost his entire run on the character.
    Also Captain Marvel go her ass handed to her in Infinity as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    What does this factor have to do with the strip mining of Wakandan tropes?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    1. The Wakanda School of Alternate Science is additive. No one is arguing that people can't add to Wakandan mythos.
    ???
    Surely Captain Marvel is adding to the vibranium mythos? BP established it's from space, this is exploring that. How is it offensive???

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    2. Pages like that are stupid. It's easy to come up with countless pages of various team not being there for major events. If that's the metric other books used to criticize the X-men their ineffectiveness in regards to the world at large would be legendary. It's really sort of hacky and cheap.
    I'm guessing you didn't read the comic. Carol was there to get the X-men to fall under Avengers protection; and Emma wasn't having any of it. Carol wasn't taking no for an answer, so Emma laid down the law. Her point was: you can't pick and choose when to help, nor can act like you're always there to help when you're not. She's not saying the Avengers never helping is the reason this happens, she's saying "it's a little late to pretend to care now." If that makes sense? Sorry I can't find the full page, I found snippets, if that helps better explain it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Why wouldn't wakanda be the most important part of black panther?

If you have a problem with Wakanda as a reader its best you read another character's book. Vibranium is an important part of wakanda because they won't be where they are now without it. What's wrong with it being important.

You raise very solid quetions which I am sure some will choose to obsfucate around but the fact remains that Wakandan Vibranium is a signature component of the Black Panther mythos as much as Gamma Radiation, Stark Tech, The Negative Zone and the X-Gene are to: The Hulk, Tony Stark, Reed Richards and the entire X-franchise respectively.

Why anyone should have a problem comprehending this basic concept is baffling to be quite frank.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Mighty Member

What do you bet they use this as a way to tip toe around Wakanda in the movies? It could be used to expand the Wakandan mythos. maybe T'Challa or Shuri or Wakanda make an appearance or get referenced next issue of CM, but I seriously doubt it. CM now links vibranium to the GOTG which can be the link in Avengers 2 so that Ultrons vibranium can come from space and not Wakanda. And yes, I know it came from space originally, but againa, if uru is involved you will alomost always get a Thor or Asgard mention
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 07-11-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    ???
    Surely Captain Marvel is adding to the vibranium mythos? BP established it's from space, this is exploring that. How is it offensive???

I'm guessing you didn't read the comic. Carol was there to get the X-men to fall under Avengers protection; and Emma wasn't having any of it. Carol wasn't taking no for an answer, so Emma laid down the law. Her point was: you can't pick and choose when to help, nor can act like you're always there to help when you're not. She's not saying the Avengers never helping is the reason this happens, she's saying "it's a little late to pretend to care now." If that makes sense? Sorry I can't find the full page, I found snippets, if that helps better explain it.

Those happened in an X-Men book. The Avengers weren't there because the X-Men writers chose not to feature them. It's creating a theme that isn't reflected anywhere else in order to push a conflict that doesn't really make any sense.

But this is off track since that doens't have anything to do with Vibranium/Wakanda/Black Panther. If you want to make another thread about the topic I'll participate though.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    What do you bet they use this as a way to tip toe around Wakanda in the movies? It could be used to expand the Wakandan mythos. maybe T'Challa or Shuri or Wakanda make an appearance or get referenced next issue of CM, but I seriously doubt it. CM now links vibranium to the GOTG which can be the link in Avengers 2 so that Ultrons vibranium can come from space and not Wakanda.
    I love it when readers/posters actually connect the dots and think outside of the box.

You've basically clearly illutsrated exactly why having this discovery revealed within Captain Marvel's book disenfranchises the Black Panther mythos.

Kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OH yeah, it makes it worse to express concern straight to someone who has power over it and trying to get an official reason "why?"...

I guess i'll go back to complaining in a thread no one at Marvel reads and posting the same 5 scans over and over and over in this thread because... that really helps everything.
    You did the right thing by asking. I might as well join you on asking him. The more people ask, the more they'll understand that hey, some people actually give a crap about Black Panther.

BANNED

You did the right thing by asking. I might as well join you on asking him. The more people ask, the more they'll understand that hey, some people actually give a crap about Black Panther.
    Well, that's all good and proper but it also depends on what questions are being asked and how consistent said inquiries are.

Mindofshadows question was spot on but Breevort just danced around it like a pro and hit him on the comeback with a "shared universe" midirectional response.

You know that "shared universe" that's too vast to have supported the "Marriage of the Century" but small enough for Vibranium to be "discovered" outside of a Black Panther-centric book/story. (chuckle)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Why wouldn't wakanda be the most important part of black panther?

If you have a problem with Wakanda as a reader its best you read another character's book.
    Why?

B.P. v the KKK-not set in Wakanda.

Panther's Quest-not set in Wakanda.

The Client-Not set in Wakanda.

Most of Reg's run (I.e. the parts that SOLD WELL) weren't set in Wakanda.

There's value in the Fish Of Out Water angle there's value in the Stranger in a Strange Land angle and there's value in heroes hanging out with other heroes where all the other heroes hang out at.

Trying to handcuff the character (AND Namor) to a fictional nation(that goes for Atlantis too) that the fans don't care about isn't conducive tothe long term sucess of any proposed solo series.

Where's the value in that?

The last time Namor's comic sold well, he wore a suit and hung out in NYC (Byrne's 90's run).

Extraordinary Member

I don't buy Tom's reasoning at all about BP not being named or involved in the Captain Marvel story.

As we speak, we have Dexter Morgan in tights, aka the Punisher, kicking it tough with Doctor Strange....and Rocket Raccoon......in space.

It's comics, stop with the fail attempts keep BP grounded when you go all operatic with the other characters.

BP is meant to be operatic, and over the top.

Mighty Member

You just know they had a meeting about vibranium when writing Avengers 2 because of Ultron's shell. Where is the vibranium going to come from. If the movie mentions Wakanda all well and good, I guess. But the future shared link of GotG and Thanos and the Avengers gives Marvel an easy out of addressing BP at all. We all know as comic fans that vibranium came from space. But it is a BP signature. If Wakanda gets bypassed in the movie it will be such a glaring statement on where Marvel and Disney stand on a good number of things. Solidly. No pussyfootin'. (No panther pun intended.) There have been rumors about a BP movie for over a decade, so I take any mention of a movie with the proverbial grain. And for Marvel to hand a possibly epic story for T'Challa to CM is heartbreaking. So none of the other writers addressed vibranium. So What. Wakanda should get mentioned somehow. and so now I'll have to page through #7 to see where this leads.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I don't buy Tom's reasoning at all about BP not being named or involved in the Captain Marvel story.

As we speak, we have Dexter Morgan in tights, aka the Punisher, kicking it tough with Doctor Strange....and Rocket Raccoon......in space.

It's comics, stop with the fail attempts keep BP grounded when you go all operatic with the other characters.

BP is meant to be operatic, and over the top.
    Agreed Guest Apperances happen all the Time.
    Tired of BP and Wakanda and the Mythos getting disrespected and strip mined for parts.
    BP does not have a solo? Well sheesh whose decision is that, it's not a vacuum and it's not like carol has a long running solo history ala Spider-man. I most tired of having to listen to bs excuses from marvel though. The only positive is that Captain Marvel's low sea makes this easy to ignore and retcon. Also I think some posters here are being dense. Point me to another character who has had a core part of their Mythos expanded on and not have shown up or gotten named drop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You just know they had a meeting about vibranium when writing Avengers 2 because of Ultron's shell. Where is the vibranium going to come from. If the movie mentions Wakanda all well and good, I guess. But the future shared link of GotG and Thanos and the Avengers gives Marvel an easy out of addressing BP at all. We all know as comic fans that vibranium came from space. But it is a BP signature. If Wakanda gets bypassed in the movie it will be such a glaring statement on where Marvel and Disney stand on a good number of things. Solidly. No pussyfootin'. (No panther pun intended.) There have been rumors about a BP movie for over a decade, so I take any mention of a movie with the proverbial grain. And for Marvel to hand a possibly epic story for T'Challa to CM is heartbreaking. So none of the other writers addressed vibranium. So What. Wakanda should get mentioned somehow. and so now I'll have to page through #7 to see where this leads.
    QFT~ The more I think about it..the more I fear this new Spacebranium will be used to circumvent MArvel history and Black Panther mentions.

Quinnjet--T'challa--changed to Stark in the movies.
    Vibranium--mentioned but attributed to Stark in the movies.
    Ultron--Possible Vibranium--in Avengers 2--will probably be linked to a space pirate supply or planet filled with the stuff that somehow fell to earth--once again wiping out T'challa, Wakanda, etc.

And I could be wrong. And I wouldn't mind being wrong. I teased about Storm never getting an ongoing and I was wrong. I thought Panther would be jobbed in Original Sins--so far so good.

:crosses fingers: I hope I am wrong.

BANNED

Again I ask did she die fighting or did she get hit by debris and break her neck while trying to land on her feet? And if her fan's complained if something like that happened would it be labeled as "Complaining"??

I doubt it.