Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Agree looks like a back door plot to cut T'Challa out of the mcu although Pym is still around despite getting his Ultron jacked but marvel has proven far more resistant to leads who are not straight white dudes in the movies.

BANNED

I like Sue's writing. And Until i read the entirety i am willing to wait/ My main beef was more alien astrix. And I would hope Panther or shuri would be involved..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I don't buy Tom's reasoning at all about BP not being named or involved in the Captain Marvel story.

As we speak, we have Dexter Morgan in tights, aka the Punisher, kicking it tough with Doctor Strange....and Rocket Raccoon......in space.

It's comics, stop with the fail attempts keep BP grounded when you go all operatic with the other characters.

BP is meant to be operatic, and over the top.
    The brilliance of this post lies in the fact that you've perfectly higlighted one of the most intrinsic hypocricies inherent in the portrayal of the 616 MU nowadays.

Namely the very selective and faux nature of its supposedly shared nature.

The Punisher can appear in any number of books or settings regardless of whether it makes sense for him to be there or not, without raising the ire of readers but let T'Challa how up even in books and stories where his presence and back history and watch even some of his so-called fans jump up to quetion why he's there. (or accue other BP enthuiasts of complaining too much.)

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    You just know they had a meeting about vibranium when writing Avengers 2 because of Ultron's shell. Where is the vibranium going to come from. If the movie mentions Wakanda all well and good, I guess. But the future shared link of GotG and Thanos and the Avengers gives Marvel an easy out of addressing BP at all. We all know as comic fans that vibranium came from space. But it is a BP signature. If Wakanda gets bypassed in the movie it will be such a glaring statement on where Marvel and Disney stand on a good number of things. Solidly. No pussyfootin'. (No panther pun intended.) There have been rumors about a BP movie for over a decade, so I take any mention of a movie with the proverbial grain. And for Marvel to hand a possibly epic story for T'Challa to CM is heartbreaking. So none of the other writers addressed vibranium. So What. Wakanda should get mentioned somehow. and so now I'll have to page through #7 to see where this leads.
    Based on what we've seen as far as the treatment of the BP mythos post Hudlin is concerned, it's a fair bet that you're not too far off of the mark with this post of yours.

One doesn't go out of their way to start farming out signature tropes firmly associated with a specific Intellectual Property and then start attributing them to other properties willy nilly without their being a specific end game in sight.

I'm sure those who expressed concerns that Marvel seemed to have been trying to boost the Inhumans profile at the X-Mens expense weren't just "complaining" but it's always been fashionable amongst some quarters to view Black Panther enthusiasts through a completely different et of spectacles.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-11-2014 at 11:11 AM.

I've got an awesome story idea. T'challa invents an improved repulsor technology that is 100 years more advanced than anything ever seen.

Good thing something like that wouldn't step on the toes of any other heroes.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I've got an awesome story idea. T'challa invents an improved repulsor technology that is 100 years more advanced than anything ever seen.

Or better still, ancient Wakandan's thought the Agardian Gods how to harness Uru metal to forge incredible weapons and other eldritch intruments of ungodly destruction.

I'm sure that would go down really well with Thor enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Or better still, ancient Wakandan's thought the Agardian Gods how to harness Uru metal to forge incredible weapons and other eldritch intruments of ungodly destruction.

I'm sure that would go down really well with Thor enthusiasts.
    Shared Universe. Sounds legit to me.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

Or how about Wakandans Developed gamma ray technology and left some inert Gamma Radiated material that was forged into a bomb....no wait, Daredevil was blinded by a Wakandan shipment of Radioactive waste.

BANNED

Last one.....Tony Stark didnt invent repulsor tech or other inventions it was all the work of a Wakandan, An Immigrant Janitor. Stark simply stole the patents.....nothing wrong with a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Last one.....Tony Stark didnt invent repulsor tech or other inventions it was all the work of a Wakandan, An Immigrant Janitor. Stark simply stole the patents.....nothing wrong with a shared universe.
    Last last one.

Since Captain Brittain does have a book....

Black Panther using his mystical non-clearly defined powers is able to tap into a multiversal council of Panthers. They then go on various adventures protecting the multiverse.
    Pull List:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Agree looks like a back door plot to cut T'Challa out of the mcu although Pym is still around despite getting his Ultron jacked but marvel has proven far more resistant to leads who are not straight white dudes in the movies.
    What back door plot? It was always out in the open-the cheap shots in the X-Men books, the upcoming you know who book and who knows what else. Hickman using him just made it less obvious.

The McDuffie rule of three is in full effect-Falcon, Storm & Miles are the faces of the black Marvel character. You can make a case for Deathlok, War Machine & Luke Cage depending on what tv series you are looking at.

It's a matter of when not if he gets tossed into limbo because anybody who wants to use him probably doesn't work at Marvel now.

That would actually change the story. This doesn't because vibranium was always from outer space. It was never originally from Wakanda and there's theoretically no reason other people can't own or use it.

It's a shared universe. You are just going to have to get used to that.

BANNED

Or how about Wakandans Developed gamma ray technology and left some inert Gamma Radiated material that was forged into a bomb....no wait, Daredevil was blinded by a Wakandan shipment of Radioactive waste.
    Hell, T'Chaka (T'Challa's father) thought Stick everything he knew which he in turn, passed on to Matt Murdoch and Elektra both of whom have been utilizing Wakandan Martial Arts techniques for all these years.

Who'd have thought?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post

They didn't invent Vibrainium it THEY FOUND IT.

FOUND.

As in a meteor came from Space and landed in they backyard.

Did the blueprints for Iron Man's armor land on Stark's head during a meteor shower?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As fans, we have to get used to it. X-Fans hated the marriage, and look what happened.
    Basically yeah. Anyone who had issues with the marriage had to get used to it until Marvel itself decided to end it. Shared universe. One big sand box wherr the toys are regularly shared. Like it or not it happens and will to happen. This isn't news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They didn't invent Vibrainium it THEY FOUND IT.

FOUND.

As in a meteor came from Space and landed in they backyard.

Did the blueprints for Iron Man's armor land on Stark's head during a meteor shower?
    And Tony leaked repulsors to everyone in Fractions run, it was kind the point of the first few arcs. Shared universe. So Panther is free to improve on it to the point Iron Man loses relevance.

According to Brevoort that shouldn't matter even though repulsors tech is inherently linked to Iron Man.
    Pull List: