Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I liked it was very good. Though the kids reasoning didn't make sense to me. Bobby's dance with Daken was cute I think I want them together. :-)

I liked it great read. Not TOO many jokes and good fight scenes and use of Bobby's powers.

9/10 for me :-)

Another solid issue! Loved the scenes with Bobby and Daken. I was worried there'd be too much sexual tension between them, Daken isnt really the type of guy Bobby would be fawning over so I'm glad Sina is building it. They both looked AMAZING in their suits, and the dance was very cute. Daken's last words to Bobby. Wow. That was intense. And then Bobby just coming out to his parents at the end. I came out similarly to my mom, I didn't plan it, I was just really angry and frustrated and blurted it out.

The letter column was really cute, I'm glad this book is touching so many people! Can't wait for issue 5, been living everything about this run! The dialogue might not be for everyone, but it's the most Bobby thing xD
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

Extraordinary Member

I loved the art on Daken. He actually looked Asian and hot.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Anyone else find it odd that Iceman didn't get back to the school until the next morning?
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Another solid issue! Loved the scenes with Bobby and Daken. I was worried there'd be too much sexual tension between them, Daken isnt really the type of guy Bobby would be fawning over so I'm glad Sina is building it.
    If it DOES actually start building towards something I'd hope Laura gets drawn into the plot thread, seeing as she's one of the only people who can really cut through the front Daken puts up. I'm sure she'd have a lot of advice to offer on how to manage both sides of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If it DOES actually start building towards something I'd hope Laura gets drawn into the plot thread, seeing as she's one of the only people who can really cut through the front Daken puts up. I'm sure she'd have a lot of advice to offer on how to manage both sides of his personality.
    More Laura Kinney is always okay imo so, heck yes
    "It's not about adding diversity for the sake of diversity, it's about subtracting homogeneity for the sake of realism."
    -Mary Robinette Kowal

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Naw just cause it's taken doesn't mean Laura needs to show imo. I hope daken doesn't have any romantic scene with Iceman
    X-Men Forever

Eh tbh as much as I love Laura I don't think I'd really want to see her in Bobby's book just because Daken is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that Iceman didn't get back to the school until the next morning?
    He failed hard enough that he probably had to go brood on a roof somewhere (a roof that didn't have Daken on Ice as the main feature, I mean). Standard X-Men stuff.

Ahhhhh Sina, Sina, Sina.

You bring so much personality to ol' Bobby and strike that oh-so-delicate balance between maturity and humor. Many past writers struggled with that straddling -- making Bobby sound inexperienced or stupid, you know, because YOUTH = dumb and wreckless, but Mr. Grace swoops in and gracefully (because: PUNS) injects an authentic, unique, and believable energy to his dialogue and specifically his word choice that deftly encapsulates the joy that is Bobby Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ahhhhh Sina, Sina, Sina.

You bring so much personality to ol' Bobby and strike that oh-so-delicate balance between maturity and humor. Many past writers struggled with that straddling -- making Bobby sound inexperienced or stupid, you know, because YOUTH = dumb and wreckless, but Mr. Grace swoops in and gracefully (because: PUNS) injects an authentic, unique, and believable energy to his dialogue and specifically his word choice that deftly encapsulates the joy that is Bobby Drake.
    You should send that in to the letters page.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You should send that in to the letters page.
    I've already written one letter --- and I'm a little disappointed it didn't make the first cut.

But yeah, can't hurt to send additional praise.

So it is written -- so shall it be done.

I've already written one letter --- and I'm a little disappointed it didn't make the first cut.

But yeah, seriously. Anything that shows actual fan investment in a title is a good thing.

BANNED

send it to him on twitter. Screw marvel and their letters page have a direct connection

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    send it to him on twitter. Screw marvel and their letters page have a direct connection
    He could do both.