Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Amazing Member

You know, I thought an issue where Rachel wasn't rendered unconscious would be an improvement. How wrong I was.

I'm with those who've said Illyana's outfit on the plane was the only good bit of the issue.

Well, contrary to most opinions, I thought this issue was OK (for the series' standards) and an improvement.

Sure the dialogue is still quite bad - Storm's only line sounding like the most infamous line in the movies 'What happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?', Blindfold should never make jokes, she should be too busy trying to make a coherent sentence let alone trying to be funny and when Colossus didn't believe he had an uncle but then said he guessed when he was younger when he saw the pain in his father's eyes.

But I thought the art was good and the overall story direction is good, I can remember more of this issue than I can of the entire second arc, so that's good right?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Well, contrary to most opinions, I thought this issue was OK (for the series' standards) and an improvement.

Sure the dialogue is still quite bad - Storm's only line sounding like the most infamous line in the movies 'What happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?', Blindfold should never make jokes, she should be too busy trying to make a coherent sentence let alone trying to be funny and when Colossus didn't believe he had an uncle but then said he guessed when he was younger when he saw the pain in his father's eyes.

But I thought the art was good and the overall story direction is good, I can remember more of this issue than I can of the entire second arc, so that's good right?
    Blindfold's prior speech problems have been resolved by the storyline of XMEN Legacy v3.

Whether her personality has become "chipper" is debateable though.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Blindfold's prior speech problems have been resolved by the storyline of XMEN Legacy v3.

Whether her personality has become "chipper" is debateable though.
    Ah. I've not got round to reading that run so I wasn't aware, but thanks for clearing that up for me
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah for me this issue wasn't all bad either I appreciated Guggmeister at least making the attempt of "normal relaxed group dynamics" even if it was a bit awkward and stilted. Nice for various fan faves to at least show up in a few panels. And Illyana is back in a book now too, even if she was apparently off-panel very easily captured. (And she gave a super corny battle cry)

Like I said before I think some people's minds were made up about this book simply due to who was (or wasn't) leading and they are fishing for justifications for their negativity
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Part of me (most of me) wants to drop this book from my pull-list since I am paying for sheer frustration and eye rolling, but part of me can't leave in the middle of a story arc because it could get better. Right? This book as a whole can get better? Maybe?

I have that same dilemma with each issue

The problem with this book continues to be Guggenheim cuasi obsession with Kitty. We have a book with Rachel, Kurt, and now Iliana and they are reduced to pretty much wallpaper. It's absurd to think that Pryde would lead this squad (no problem with her as headmistress) with at least 2 ore qualified people (Strom, Nightcrawler) on it. And Piotr has pretty much been reduced to a lovesick puppy. None of the characters in this book are being used except for Kitty, they are completely interchangable, you could replace them with Gambit, Iceman and Rogue and get the same stories. I stopped reading Blue because as much as I like Bunn I cannot stand these new versions of the O5, and sincerely that book is turning into a continuation of all new X-Men instead of being its own book, but I am about to drop Gold. I actually have liked the stories themselves, but sincerely it reads as a Shadowcat solo with X-Men as supporting characters. It just sucks, I do like the team, I like the stories, but cannot stand that Guggenheim is trying to sell me a Shadowcat solo disguised as an X-Men book, specially since it supposed to be one of the flagship books.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Terrible issue - I like everyone on this team especially Rachel-Kurt-Kitty but the stories have been so boring.
    This book feels like "Kitty & Friends" - everyone seems incompetent but her - the book has gotten me to dislike her
    Only thing good was Illyana with the coat/pants which I really like - really hate her in the panty shorts she normally wears