Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Unglaublich!

Can somebody please explain to me how Nightcrawler's facial scarring (from the movies) appears to have found its way onto his face in this very comic book...??!

Not happy about this one bit....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We're all just IN AWE of your classiness
    you didn't know? classy never trashy

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaTelepath View Post
    Reading these posts makes me glad to I resolved to stop buying x-books for the time being. Until they get the characters voices correct, a consistently good artist, and a story that feels engaging, I won't be buying. I feel like I may be waiting a while. LOL.
    astonishing is actually pretty good. you should check that one out

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Totally.

I don't get how they continue the "Rachel's powers are growing"...."all quiet psychically" OML "no scents" and then like 10 guys show up

Storm's dialogue was on the verge of comedy "These are men!"

So what? Snu Snu time?
    lol this book is just a hot mess. and that highlights one of the many reasons why it's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What happened to her teleportation in general? She could easily get out of this situation. Not to mention she's a hell-lord. A few magicked up mooks should be nothing to her. At least when she was captured in Second Coming there was an explanation given as to how it was done and why she couldn't get out of it.
    good point why didn't she just teleport lol.

I didn't mind this issue, it was the classic set-up of X-Men Vs an old enemy.
    And Kitty wasn't taking up too much of the book which is a plus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What happened to her teleportation in general? She could easily get out of this situation. Not to mention she's a hell-lord. A few magicked up mooks should be nothing to her. At least when she was captured in Second Coming there was an explanation given as to how it was done and why she couldn't get out of it.
    She isn't a snowflake in distress...if magiks brought Omega Red back she could SO easily just kill him and make him a corpse again. She's a fricking hell LORD of her own kingdom which is inside her. she's a total badass and not some damsel in distress.

Next issue: "Oh katya.,...so glad you came to save me. You are a great leader. Strongk like Stalin."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Can somebody please explain to me how Nightcrawler's facial scarring (from the movies) appears to have found its way onto his face in this very comic book...??!

Ok yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Not a fan of the marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post

I honestly love it.

Le Internet doesn't have a meaning for the title of the story: En'kane. Anyone know what it means?
    Poor Magik.
    Poor Rachel.
    Poor Storm.
    I'll just skip to my favourite panels now...
    xg1.jpg
    xg2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Lightning. *giggles*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I guess I just don't see why Rachel is on the team. Everyone and their sister has some sort of psychic block. They might as well have brought Dani. She can pierce through magic (hehe) and is a goddamn Valkyrie who brought down Ares. Or Rogue. She has Wonder Man-level strength and could crush Omega Red's tentacles with her pinky.

While I liked the first 6 issues of this book, now I'm kinda tired of it.
    This issue wasn't that bad, but overall everyone on this book is pretty useless, especially if we compare them to Kitty.
    I would like to see Kurt, Rachel and Ororo together in another book, and not wasted in this mess.
    Let's hope for the future issues to be at least enjoyable.

Fantastic Member

I liked this issue and totally understand that it's the setup issue. I love that the Excaliber folks + Magik finally get a chance to fight a legit 90's X-Men Blue villain like Omega Red. I really appreciate that Guggenheim is taking the characters here and I'm excited by the whole build-up leading to the big confrontation. I just wish the art was better for this arc. Some of the panels were great but others were inconsistent. I also wish Kitty wasn't sporting mom hair. I like her side belt and classic collar variant of the x-uniform, but wish the boots were more modern and she definitely needs to lose the mom hair. I also wish Rachel was sporting a cooler costume for this arc for her first fight against Omega Red. Cyclops and his blue team looked amazing when they went up against him in the 90's (except for Logan's bright yellow costume which I never liked). Speaking of Logan, OML is kind of unnecessary in this book. They should drop him and bring in Iceman and Rogue. That's what this book is missing. The cool A-List characters like adult Cyclops and Psylocke. This book would be perfect if they were in it.

I think Guggenheim's doing a fine job. The love scenes are cheese but all his love scenes are cheesy. I can't wait to see where he takes it next. I've really liked the villains so far. I do hope Storm gets more of a chance to shine in the future stories and I'm really hoping Rachel's bad costume is actually a plot point. And this book deserves better art.
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 08-23-2017 at 08:48 PM.

You know, I just noticed that Illyana finally has her bangs back after having her hairstyle pointlessly changed in Extraordinary X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This felt weird to me. OML has slipped way too comfortably into Younger Man Logan's personality. I don't like it. Kind of jarring.
    It looks like Lemire saw your comment.. from the future!:P And decided to put that.

------------
    Also, I didn't know that she was shorter than Logan

I love dainty Yana in that scan.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping Illyana 'allowed' herself to be captured.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I'm hoping Illyana 'allowed' herself to be captured.
    THAT is a tremendous theory.