Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Comics View Post
    Osborne seems like he'll be around
    Isn't he always?

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Isn't he always?
    Sometimes it's Kingsley.
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wasn't 616 Mysterio trapped in the Ultimate Universe when it kicked the bucket in Secret Wars?
    From Wikipedia;

Eight months after the events of Secret Wars, Mysterio attacks Parker Industries with the intention of using the company's Webware technology to cause mass hysteria by beaming imagery directly into the minds of the product's users. The plot is thwarted by Deadpool, who runs Mysterio over with his "Dead-Buggy".While recovering in the hospital, Beck is visited by an unknown figure, who leaves a Mysterio bust on the supervillain's bedside table while declaring that he is "not out of the game yet".After Deadpool is manipulated into killing Spider-Man, Mysterio tortures the hero's Limbo-bound soul by projecting his own spirit into the realm using power provided by a mysterious benefactor. Deadpool is able to enter Limbo and help Spider-Man overpower Mysterio, who is afterward shown to have disappeared from his hospital bed.

I'm sure we will see Mysterio either in Amazing or Spectacular sooner or later.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given the political climate of this world, I have my doubts that humanity will be around in another 10 years.
    Yes, humanity will be around, the strongest and the mutants at least. Let's keep a little optimism here.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yes, humanity will be around, the strongest and the mutants at least. Let's keep a little optimism here.
    The mutants? Marvel definitely won't care about them!

Mighty Member

Perhaps by 800 Peter loses his powers and passes the mantle to Miles.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Perhaps by 800 Peter loses his powers and passes the mantle to Miles.
    I mean, Miles already uses the mantle. Pete doesn't have to lose lose his powers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    From Wikipedia;

Eight months after the events of Secret Wars, Mysterio attacks Parker Industries with the intention of using the company's Webware technology to cause mass hysteria by beaming imagery directly into the minds of the product's users. The plot is thwarted by Deadpool, who runs Mysterio over with his "Dead-Buggy".While recovering in the hospital, Beck is visited by an unknown figure, who leaves a Mysterio bust on the supervillain's bedside table while declaring that he is "not out of the game yet".After Deadpool is manipulated into killing Spider-Man, Mysterio tortures the hero's Limbo-bound soul by projecting his own spirit into the realm using power provided by a mysterious benefactor. Deadpool is able to enter Limbo and help Spider-Man overpower Mysterio, who is afterward shown to have disappeared from his hospital bed.

I'm sure we will see Mysterio either in Amazing or Spectacular sooner or later.
    Okay.

So, no explanation yet how Mysterio escaped the Ultimate Universe?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay.

So, no explanation yet how Mysterio escaped the Ultimate Universe?
    I figure 616 Reed Richards folded Mysterio back into 616 while remaking the Marvel Multiverse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For issue #800, I would love to see Spidey team up with the Human Torch and they find/bring back the Fantastic Four. Then FF gets relaunched with Slott writing. Spencer becomes the new writer on ASM.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Aunt May gets killed by either Otto or Osborn as revenge
    Not going to happen. At least not by Otto. He absolutely adores May.

Probably do some special one shot celebrating the history of the character or something. He's been though a LOT the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Sorry, cannot resist, but you mean, clone of Otto.

Real Otto, died end of Superior Spider-Man. That's just a digital copied mind, implanted in cloned body.

Otto Octavius 2.3, I would now say.
    Sorry, cannot resist, but you mean persona/mind-clone of Peter.

Real Peter died at the end of ASM #700. Since Superior, the Peter we've had is just an imitation built out of Peter's second-hand memories, nearly wiped out, then rebuilt out of memories of Peter's second-hand memories.

Peter Parker 2.2, I would now say.

spoilers:
    Of course, the Real Real Peter died (figuratively) sometime before he joined the Avengers, unmasked during Civil War, and made a deal with the devil.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    My theory is that it will have something to do with the return of Peter Parker.
    The real one, the one that has been inside Dock Ock's original body ever since 700.
    The Peter parker that has been around since Superior ended is that sentient memory fragment.
    Yup. I'd like this, but only in the hands of a writer that can, you know, write the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Slott was very insistent that the post-Secret Wars Spider-Man was the one we've known since Amazing Fantasy#15. In his mind, this whole thing is done and dusted.
    Whatever. That doesn't line up with the events that he actually wrote.