Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default ASM 800 question

Asm 700 made doc ock the new spider man. How do you think Slott will top that in asm 800?

Peter being outed as spider man. (This time without the mindwipe)
    Peter/MJ reunion(with or without the marriage)
    Peter starting a new tech company(not as big or successful as PI was and no doc ock and scorpio growing it from behind the scenes)
    Peter returning to the bugle and using his tech skills to modernize it.
    Aunt May gets killed by either Otto or Osborn as revenge
    Otto will forget Peter's secret while Osborn will remember it.
    Last edited by rward777; 08-23-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Who says Slott's gonna do issue 800, if there is going to be an issue 800?

Issue numbers, ninety-seven or so percent of all comics, are now just numbers of a volume, until it re-tics when the next one comes around, for a quick new sale.

But, my assumptions, all the same, what's supposed to be eight hundred, will just be nothing more than an issue in the middle of a thick of a big Marvel event.

However, if there is an eight hundred, I would want someone else, someone more special to Spider-Man / Marvel, do it. Take pick: Stan Lee / Gerry Conway / J M DeMatteis / Tom DeFalco / Roger Stern. And some art, whether the whole issue or just a very special section of it, by Johnny Romita Sr would be nice too.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-23-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Otto will forget Peter's secret while Osborn will remember it.
    Sorry, cannot resist, but you mean, clone of Otto.

Real Otto, died end of Superior Spider-Man. That's just a digital copied mind, implanted in cloned body.

Otto Octavius 2.3, I would now say.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Sorry, cannot resist, but you mean, clone of Otto.

Real Otto, died end of Superior Spider-Man. That's just a digital copied mind, implanted in cloned body.

Otto Octavius 2.3, I would now say.
    I mean the current Otto.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Peter/MJ reunion(with or without the marriage)
    Peter starting a new tech company(not as big or successful as PI was and no doc ock and scorpio growing it from behind the scenes)
    If these 2 things happened then I'd be really happy with ASM 800. Unfortunately, I feel like the chances of that are near 0.

Big Norman Osborn Green Goblin return story for 800 maybe? There is that 1 off a few months from now in Amazing that seems to just be a setup issue for some future Green Goblin plans. I still just feel like all of Osborn's stories since BND haven't had the same punch they used to since he forgot who Spider-Man is, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Big Norman Osborn Green Goblin return story for 800 maybe?
    Norman's back in the next couple of issues, so maybe.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Big Norman Osborn Green Goblin return story for 800 maybe? There is that 1 off a few months from now in Amazing that seems to just be a setup issue for some future Green Goblin plans. I still just feel like all of Osborn's stories since BND haven't had the same punch they used to since he forgot who Spider-Man is, though.
    Honestly, with Osborn appearing in 2 stories pretty much back to back (Osborn Identity and the two-parter next month) I'm pretty much done with him. I honestly don't feel like he is a credible threat to Peter at all, and he hasn't been since Dark Reign. They really need to give him back the knowledge of Peter's identity, because IMO that's the only way for a guy who is weaker, less intelligent, and full-blown crazy to actually pose a threat to Peter.

All-New Member

I still just feel like all of Osborn's stories since BND haven't had the same punch they used to since he forgot who Spider-Man is, though.
    Osborne knowing Spidermans secret identity is what made him very dangerous. Without that knowledge, he is just another whack job on a glider.... Knowing that identity made the danger to Parker's loved ones very real and personal in every story. Parker is lucking that Superior Ock isn't interested in going after his family. Ock has some degree of honor, whereby the goblin-influenced Osborn is a rabid dog.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Honestly, with Osborn appearing in 2 stories pretty much back to back (Osborn Identity and the two-parter next month) I'm pretty much done with him. I honestly don't feel like he is a credible threat to Peter at all, and he hasn't been since Dark Reign. They really need to give him back the knowledge of Peter's identity, because IMO that's the only way for a guy who is weaker, less intelligent, and full-blown crazy to actually pose a threat to Peter.
    Totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Who says Slott's gonna do issue 800, if there is going to be an issue 800?

Issue numbers, ninety-seven or so percent of all comics, are now just numbers of a volume, until it re-tics when the next one comes around, for a quick new sale.

But, my assumptions, all the same, what's supposed to be eight hundred, will just be nothing more than an issue in the middle of a thick of a big Marvel event.

However, if there is an eight hundred, I would want someone else, someone more special to Spider-Man / Marvel, do it. Take pick: Stan Lee / Gerry Conway / J M DeMatteis / Tom DeFalco / Roger Stern. And some art, whether the whole issue or just a very special section of it, by Johnny Romita Sr would be nice too.
    They are switching back to the old numbering with legacy, so there will be an issue 800. Mr. Slott has already mentioned he will be writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I feel like Norman and Otto could both use a break at this point.

At least Brock's only just come back as Venom after all these years but he's never going to be a villain like he used to be.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Norman and Otto could both use a break at this point.

At least Brock's only just come back as Venom after all these years but he's never going to be a villain like he used to be.
    There's bound to be a confrontation sometime, though. Remember that after Venom #6, the symbiote is back to hating Spider-Man.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member

A 200 pages centenary issue would be cool.
    Venom being the main villain would be interesting,Doctor Octopus apeared in the last two centenary issues so Venom being the villain of issue 800th is my guess.

It would be nice if #800 featured a new villain; last time that happened was Venom in #300. I realize it's hard to come up with a decent new villain these days but I am pretty tired of either Norman or Ock being the main focus all the time; I also was hoping someone other than Slott would be on the title by then but that is looking unlikely as well.