Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Three centennial issues by the same writer? He already broke the record by writing two, he will break a bigger record by writing the third, and in less than twenty four years time span.

I don't follow current comics, but I guess it might have to do withspoilers:
    Kingpin now that he knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man,
    end of spoilers Daredevil will team-up with him, the two heroes will reconnect knowing who is behind the mask once more. Teresa will also be part of the story.

Who do I want to write the issue? Mark Waid. I think he has a good understanding of how to write Peter Parker, he's the best one from the brain trust era, and his graphic novel is solid.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 08-24-2017 at 05:36 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Norman and Otto could both use a break at this point.

At least Brock's only just come back as Venom after all these years but he's never going to be a villain like he used to be.
    Oh yeah, Ock needs a break even more than Osborn. I also wouldn't want to see Brock become a villain again... EVER. I think both Brock and the symbiote should have moved past that. If they need a symbiote villain, Carnage should be fine.

I have no clue what will happen in the 800th issue; I've stopped believing anything connected to Dan Slott these days, given how far out the fan theories go, how far out he actually does go in the series (not a compliment), the fact that he will lie to readers to preserve his surprises (a purely neutral observation), and his love of hyperbole.

All I can say is that, based on historical precedent, I don't think I'm going to like it.

BANNED

Most likely it will be just another over-hyped and way over-priced book with a sub-par Slott Doc Ock finale story. I'm not expecting anything of significance to happen in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Oh yeah, Ock needs a break even more than Osborn. I also wouldn't want to see Brock become a villain again... EVER. I think both Brock and the symbiote should have moved past that. If they need a symbiote villain, Carnage should be fine.
    Well, Carnage has become pretty overused at this point as well (look at all the mini's they gave him).

Well, Carnage has become pretty overused at this point as well (look at all the mini's they gave him).
    Yeah, but only two (I think) of those minis really featured Peter, and he hasn't appeared in a Peter-centric book forever. Honestly, I do think the symbiotes need to lose their sonic and fire weakness by now since it is way too easy to exploit. I'm surprised Peter doesn't swing around with sonic weapons on him at all times.

Incredible Member

[ removed ]
    Last edited by xpyred; 08-25-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, but only two (I think) of those minis really featured Peter, and he hasn't appeared in a Peter-centric book forever. Honestly, I do think the symbiotes need to lose their sonic and fire weakness by now since it is way too easy to exploit. I'm surprised Peter doesn't swing around with sonic weapons on him at all times.
    The same could be said for a lot of characters (like Venom) .

I don't think the Symbiote's need to lose their weakness because otherwise they would be pretty much unbeatable.

The same could be said for a lot of characters (like Venom) .

I don't think the Symbiote's need to lose their weakness because otherwise they would be pretty much unbeatable.
    Well, I'd love to see Venom appear in a Peter-centric book as well, as long as he isn't the villain. That's what I'm opposed to - the endless regression of changing his morality again and again. I think he should be firmly a hero by now.

As for the symbiote weaknesses, I think having obvious weakness like that just makes every fight Peter has with them predictable and, as such, less suspenseful (It also makes Peter look stupid every time he faces a symbiote bad guy and doesn't have a sonic gun stashed away somewhere). I don't think removing their weakness to sonic and fire would make them unbeatable in any way - Peter has fought worse bad guys and come out on top. Whether he gets help from other heroes, or uses his brains to come out on top, that would be much better than the same old tired weaknesses.

BANNED

So Bendis is hinting that the final page of Spider-Men II will give us something concrete on the fate of Ultimate Peter Parker

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...-5-will-thing/

Perhaps issue 800 concludes with 616 Peter once again being shelved (like in 700) and we get a teenage Spidey for more movie and cartoon synergy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Bendis is hinting that the final page of Spider-Men II will give us something concrete on the fate of Ultimate Peter Parker

Perhaps issue 800 concludes with 616 Peter once again being shelved (like in 700) and we get a teenage Spidey for more movie and cartoon synergy.
    This would be a way to get teenage Peter Parker "back" without completely violating the internal consistency of Marvel continuity. I could see Marvel doing something similar to Superman Rebirth over at DC, at first having Ultimate Peter Parker transplanted in 616 Peter's place and having him adjust to a world at once similar and different to where he came from, as well as trying to live up to the legacy of his 616 counterpart. Of course, since the New 52/pre-Flashpoint Supermen were eventually merged into one by cosmic shenanigans that more-or-less completely overwrote the New 52 Superman and his place in the Rebirth DCU . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Please no. I swear to god why can't these idiots at Marvel just go over to DC or, even better, lock themselves away where they can do no more harm to poor Peter.

No, just no .

I find it hard to believe that Spider-Men II, a comic written by a completely different writer than Amazing Spider-Man #800, will set the stage for Amazing Spider-Man #800.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Spider-Men II, a comic written by a completely different writer than Amazing Spider-Man #800, will set the stage for Amazing Spider-Man #800.
    This was exactly why Bendis' original intentions for the ending of Spider-Men never happened, because it would interfere with Slott's plans.