Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Bendis is hinting that the final page of Spider-Men II will give us something concrete on the fate of Ultimate Peter Parker

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...-5-will-thing/

Perhaps issue 800 concludes with 616 Peter once again being shelved (like in 700) and we get a teenage Spidey for more movie and cartoon synergy.
    Honestly, this would never happen, but it would not bother me at all. Not one bit. I might even prefer it to things continuing as they are. I would rather read about a different character entirely than continue to see 616 Peter portrayed in this infinitely regressive state.

Going a step further, if a teenage Ultimate Peter taking over Amazing Spider-Man was what it took to open the door to allow 616 Peter to grow up and restore the marriage, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Please no. I swear to god why can't these idiots at Marvel just go over to DC or, even better, lock themselves away where they can do no more harm to poor Peter.
    Really...it's bad enough that every writer at Marvel has to have Peter acting like a total idiot and coming across as a clueless moron.

Spectacular Member Doctor-Comics's Avatar

This is a fun thread.

Issue 800 is about a year away. That's a lot of time.

By then, Pete will be back at the Bugle, I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if, between now and then, we get a succession of simple villain of the month (or two) stories.

I bet a classic villain plays an important role in 800 and beyond. Osborne seems like he'll be around, here and back, and as much as I like Goblins, I'll guess that it's someone different. Black Cat seems to be building up to something, so she's my standby guess, but officially, I'm going to say we'll see the triumphant return of Mysterio.

I have no reason behind my guess other than he's cool and a legacy villain, so don't place any bets on account of me.
    "The history of comics is not a long one, and it's not unknowable."--Neil Gaiman

So Bendis is hinting that the final page of Spider-Men II will give us something concrete on the fate of Ultimate Peter Parker

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...-5-will-thing/
    I would like more info on Ultimate Peter (all-time favorite comic incarnation of Spidey, after all). However, I really liked where we left him last (him and Mary Jane basically eloping) and would hate if anything overrode that (like if Ultimate Peter somehow got into Earth-616, but Ultimate MJ didn't make it). I'm also not sure I want a situation where I'd "have" to buy the 616 Miles comics to get Ultimate Peter's story (I'm not that huge a Miles fan in the first place, haven't been hearing good things about the current comics, and I don't want anything to do with anything touching post-OMD ASM). So, call me cautiously intrigued.

Perhaps issue 800 concludes with 616 Peter once again being shelved (like in 700) and we get a teenage Spidey for more movie and cartoon synergy.
    I can't see that being likely, honestly; I think that Marvel would want to keep their 616 Spidey as one they can claim is the original who appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15. On the other hand, under the right circumstances, I can't say I'd object; on paper I like the idea of having Ultimate Peter get a series again, basically a restart of USM, which is my all-time favorite comic series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Comics View Post
    This is a fun thread.

Issue 800 is about a year away. That's a lot of time.

By then, Pete will be back at the Bugle, I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if, between now and then, we get a succession of simple villain of the month (or two) stories.

I bet a classic villain plays an important role in 800 and beyond. Osborne seems like he'll be around, here and back, and as much as I like Goblins, I'll guess that it's someone different. Black Cat seems to be building up to something, so she's my standby guess, but officially, I'm going to say we'll see the triumphant return of Mysterio.

I have no reason behind my guess other than he's cool and a legacy villain, so don't place any bets on account of me.
    I would love for it to be Mysterio...but knowing Slott it will be Superior Ock once again IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    I would love for it to be Mysterio...but knowing Slott it will be Superior Ock once again IMO.
    Wasn't 616 Mysterio trapped in the Ultimate Universe when it kicked the bucket in Secret Wars?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Who says Slott's gonna do issue 800, if there is going to be an issue 800?

Issue numbers, ninety-seven or so percent of all comics, are now just numbers of a volume, until it re-tics when the next one comes around, for a quick new sale.

But, my assumptions, all the same, what's supposed to be eight hundred, will just be nothing more than an issue in the middle of a thick of a big Marvel event.

However, if there is an eight hundred, I would want someone else, someone more special to Spider-Man / Marvel, do it. Take pick: Stan Lee / Gerry Conway / J M DeMatteis / Tom DeFalco / Roger Stern. And some art, whether the whole issue or just a very special section of it, by Johnny Romita Sr would be nice too.
    It has been confirmed that Dan Slott WILL continue into Legacy and the 800th issue.

BANNED

My theory is that it will have something to do with the return of Peter Parker.
    The real one, the one that has been inside Dock Ock's original body ever since 700.
    The Peter parker that has been around since Superior ended is that sentient memory fragment.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It has been confirmed that Dan Slott WILL continue into Legacy and the 800th issue.
    Hope his fans like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hope his fans like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    My theory is that it will have something to do with the return of Peter Parker.
    The real one, the one that has been inside Dock Ock's original body ever since 700.
    The Peter parker that has been around since Superior ended is that sentient memory fragment.
    I'm not sure the Powers That Be see it that way; I suspect that they think the real Spider-Man is back, regardless of how much logic (or lack thereof) there is behind that position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm not sure the Powers That Be see it that way; I suspect that they think the real Spider-Man is back, regardless of how much logic (or lack thereof) there is behind that position.
    Slott was very insistent that the post-Secret Wars Spider-Man was the one we've known since Amazing Fantasy#15. In his mind, this whole thing is done and dusted.

BANNED

Dan sees himself writing Spider-Man for well over another decade

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...s-renumbering/

Well, a lot of ways you could look at this .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, a lot of ways you could look at this .
    Doc Ock in every anniversary issue for the next ten years.

Given the political climate of this world, I have my doubts that humanity will be around in another 10 years.