Default The next awesome cards collection

I remember when I went into my LCS all those years ago and everyone was talking about the Marvel Masterpieces of the 1996 serie.
    They were amazing indeed. I am completely out of the loop as far as cards collection goes, but I recently found my old 1995 Marvel Metal collection and I have an itch to start a new serie.
    Maybe some of you guys can talk to me about a new upcoming collection which is supposed to be "all that"
    Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

The ones to beat, IMO, was the X-Men card set featuring solely the art of Jim Lee. That or Marvel Universe Series 2.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Well yeah they are pretty awesome, but what I actually want to know is if there is a new collection coming out soon or currently available who is somewhat special

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    I remember when I went into my LCS all those years ago and everyone was talking about the Marvel Masterpieces of the 1996 serie.
    They were amazing indeed. I am completely out of the loop as far as cards collection goes, but I recently found my old 1995 Marvel Metal collection and I have an itch to start a new serie.
    Maybe some of you guys can talk to me about a new upcoming collection which is supposed to be "all that"
    Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Most card sets since that 1996 Marvel Masterpieces have not featured original artwork, but an all new set of Marvel Masterpieces featuring all new painted art by Joe Jusko was just released a few months ago. The art is fantastic, as Jusko took a full couple of years to complete the paintings, which was a luxury he was not given on the 1992 set. The only downside is, Upper Deck decided to make this a "premium" set, meaning the cards were on heavier stock, and much more expensive, and some cards were rare and very hard to get, making those ones even more expensive. I picked up a few on ebay of characters (Man-Thing, Tiger Shark etc.) that were never part of another set, but I've given up trying to afford a full set. The upside is that it must have sold very well, because another set featuring original painted art was released just a few weeks ago. This was the 2017 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man set. This set features multiple artists, but there are a lot of really nice cards, and the set was regularly priced and it's not that expensive to buy an entire set of base cards. Hope this helps you out. I too remember the thrill of opening a pack of these cards when I was younger!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Most card sets since that 1996 Marvel Masterpieces have not featured original artwork, but an all new set of Marvel Masterpieces featuring all new painted art by Joe Jusko was just released a few months ago. The art is fantastic, as Jusko took a full couple of years to complete the paintings, which was a luxury he was not given on the 1992 set. The only downside is, Upper Deck decided to make this a "premium" set, meaning the cards were on heavier stock, and much more expensive, and some cards were rare and very hard to get, making those ones even more expensive. I picked up a few on ebay of characters (Man-Thing, Tiger Shark etc.) that were never part of another set, but I've given up trying to afford a full set. The upside is that it must have sold very well, because another set featuring original painted art was released just a few weeks ago. This was the 2017 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man set. This set features multiple artists, but there are a lot of really nice cards, and the set was regularly priced and it's not that expensive to buy an entire set of base cards. Hope this helps you out. I too remember the thrill of opening a pack of these cards when I was younger!
    Haha yeah man, I never could finish my serie when I was younger as I didn't ave a lot of money, but man the joy of opening a new pack of cards !!
    And yea I know what Spider-Man cards you're talking about, but they are pretty damn expensive imo, one box is like 180$ and from what I heard you need 3 boxes to complete the set :s
    I would consider it if I was a fan of Spider-Man, unfortunately I am not.
    I'll look into that Jusko collection you're talking about those
    Thanks man!!

Incredible Member

Just checked ebay, and you can pick up a 100 card base set plus a legacy insert card set for about $70.00. I know it's not the same as getting to open the packs yourself, but if you're short on cash, this is the way to go.

Mighty Member

does anybody know if there going to do a new marvel card collection like for Legacy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    does anybody know if there going to do a new marvel card collection like for Legacy
    I have no idea. You could check the websites for Upper Deck and Rittenhouse. These are the companies which have produced the majority of Marvel cards over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Just checked ebay, and you can pick up a 100 card base set plus a legacy insert card set for about $70.00. I know it's not the same as getting to open the packs yourself, but if you're short on cash, this is the way to go.
    Just checked ebay and the only complete set I see is like 1799$ heh.
    Question about when you buy a box, do you get the entire serie or there is a chance that you won't get all the chase cards ?

Edit : nm I wasn't searching with the right words.
    Last edited by Jack00; 08-25-2017 at 10:07 AM.

I went to my LCS today and he had the 2017 fleer Spider-Man collection, complete except the chase cards. They truly are amazing indeed. If I was just a tiny bit of a Spider-Man, i'd buy them heh.

Btw, aren't you guys a little pissed off that you need to buy 3+ boxes of a series to get all the chase cards ? I'd much rather pay a bit more for one box and be sure to have the complete set rather than just the base set and 3-4 chase cards :/