Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I really don't see it.
    Emma Frost and Jean are similar in many ways yet Emma will never have Jean's reputation.
    Cyclops and captain are similar in many ways yet Cyclops will never have Captain's reputation.

So both Emma and Cyclops see Jean and Captain as people who undeservingly get praised even when they do bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Emma Frost and Jean are similar in many ways yet Emma will never have Jean's reputation.
    Cyclops and captain are similar in many ways yet Cyclops will never have Captain's reputation.

So both Emma and Cyclops see Jean and Captain as people who undeservingly get praised even when they do bad stuff.
    I was talking about Cyclops and Elektra.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I was talking about Cyclops and Elektra.
    Ah, Elektra reminds me a bit of Psylocke. And I always dug Cyclops with Psylocke.

A romantic pairing I always wanted to see happen is a stable Jean Grey aka Phoenix with Danny Rand aka Iron Fist.

In Chinese mythology the Phoenix and the Dragon are a representation of two halves of the same coin. A yin and yang type deal. In the mythology their love is everlasting, which is interesting for the comic versions since they two are potentially and essentially everlasting. With the Phoenix continually coming back to the life and under the right circumstances(as in not being killed) Iron Fist being Immortal the two could follow the same tradition as their chinese counter parts.

Then their is the elements of their costumes. When Claremont progressed Jean into the Phoenix role he gave her a strikingly similar costume to his other creation Iron Fist.

Probably mere chance on the aritst part but how epic could it be that they where born of the same fire. Their histories are already alined due to AvX, why not have these two join forces to become Marvel's Ultimate Power Couple?

I feel that their is so much to mine from a story where two forces in the MU are bound by love to over and over again find each other. It could explain the Phoeinx Force perpetual rage and self destruction. Maybe it became to unbound and is seeking it's other half? Or maybe Shao Lou lost some of his might and feels no longer worthy of its mate.

Whatever the case maybe I think it make for incredible stories of symbolism and power down the road. Not only that it would get adult Jean Grey a chance to grow as a character in the greater Marvel Universe. While also distancing her from Wolverine and Cyclops. To add Jean and Danny do have a brief history with one another so it wouldn't be completly out of left field on that stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Ah, Elektra reminds me a bit of Psylocke. And I always dug Cyclops with Psylocke.
    Well, I don't see Cyclops/Psylocke either(as romantically or just a team up). Except their similar sounding code names. But to each his own.

Thor and Storm
    Nico Minoru and Magik

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Romantically
    Jean Grey and Steve Rogers for a few reasons. Jean's a mature and kind woman who at times is very temperamental and snarky combined with unlimited power contrasted to Steve's kind and idealistic nature who's very strong and skilled. Both are alike but unlike each other at the same time and I believe they would have one of the most stable relationships in the MU if done properly. Hell Wanda can be a bridesmaid

Emma Frost and Namor only because they're both insufferable bastards who are overly confident and could rule as king and queen under the seas far far away from the X-Men (besides everything's better under the sea, and hey at least Emma can actually be a queen.

Team Based
    Jean Grey and Thor for a few reasons. I mean a god and a woman with god like power is a very interesting story that could be fun and interesting if handle properly. We'd see some Asgardian adventures with the two allowing Jean to go all out.

Bobby Drake and Susan Storm. This would be an interesting and cute read with Susan being both tuff an soft with Bobby giving s sorta of brother and sister vibe that he and Jean shared when she was around.

Friends
    Jean/Jessica
    Bobby/Peter
    Ororo/Carol
    It's so good to see the despair of Emma & Scott's haters.

Here, this is for you, baby. Love!!

BANNED

Wolverine/Elektra
    Cyclops/Hawkeye
    Cyclops/Black Panther
    Wolverine/Daredevil
    Wolverine/Punisher
    Cable/Punisher

Mighty Member

Romances: Karma and Moondragon, Captain America and Polaris, Emma Frost and Doc Strange, Storm and Ares

Team Up: Monica Rambeau and CeCe Reyes, Storm and Sersi, Iceman and Living Lighting, Gambit and Invisible Woman, Psylocke and Jessica Jones, Magik and Brother Voodoo, Blue Marvel and Bishop

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i've always wanted to see a cyclops and hawkeye team up. I think they're both cocky enough that it would be interesting.
    yeeeeesssssss

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i've always wanted to see a Cyclops and Hawkeye team up. i think they're both cocky enough that it would be interesting.
    Scott would make a good 'straight man' for Clint's irreverent behavior. Both, speaking from a RPG standpoint, are 'glass cannons,' with an effective (or even overwhelming, in Cyclop's case) and no real defense at all, which makes them both think a bit more tactically, simply to survive in a combat-zone with people with defensive powers/equipment.

After the old days when it was Spider-Man or the Thing teaming up with people every month, Hawkeye has the sort of varied connections to be a good choice for a similar 'monthly random teamup book.'

BANNED

Rachel Grey & Iron Fist. The pairing made sense immediately once we saw them dancing at Northstar's wedding.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    A romantic pairing I always wanted to see happen is a stable Jean Grey aka Phoenix with Danny Rand aka Iron Fist.

In Chinese mythology the Phoenix and the Dragon are a representation of two halves of the same coin. A yin and yang type deal. In the mythology their love is everlasting, which is interesting for the comic versions since they two are potentially and essentially everlasting. With the Phoenix continually coming back to the life and under the right circumstances(as in not being killed) Iron Fist being Immortal the two could follow the same tradition as their chinese counter parts.

Then their is the elements of their costumes. When Claremont progressed Jean into the Phoenix role he gave her a strikingly similar costume to his other creation Iron Fist.

Probably mere chance on the aritst part but how epic could it be that they where born of the same fire. Their histories are already alined due to AvX, why not have these two join forces to become Marvel's Ultimate Power Couple?

I feel that their is so much to mine from a story where two forces in the MU are bound by love to over and over again find each other. It could explain the Phoeinx Force perpetual rage and self destruction. Maybe it became to unbound and is seeking it's other half? Or maybe Shao Lou lost some of his might and feels no longer worthy of its mate.

Whatever the case maybe I think it make for incredible stories of symbolism and power down the road. Not only that it would get adult Jean Grey a chance to grow as a character in the greater Marvel Universe. While also distancing her from Wolverine and Cyclops. To add Jean and Danny do have a brief history with one another so it wouldn't be completly out of left field on that stand point.
    I get and would be on board with this, but..

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rachel Grey & Iron Fist. The pairing made sense immediately once we saw them dancing at Northstar's wedding.
    I like this pairing better.

Team ups - Rogue & Shocker (just cause I loved how he played off her from SE UA issue), Sage & Black Widow, Gambit & Hawkeye, Forge & Iron Man

Romances - Rogue & Fandral, Gambit & Black Cat, Frenzy & Iron Fist, Mystique & Ares

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I'm sticking to team-ups and partnerships;

Magik and Doc Strange
    Gambit and Hawkeye
    Ms. Marvel and Dust (why haven't they at least met by now?)
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.