Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Romance-M and Manifold
    Team up-Emma and Squirrel Girl

Nightcrawler and Daredevil would be an awesome team-up too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I'll enjoy her breathing anyway. I'm also quite enjoying Jeena Dunham too though. Remarkable how every "off-shoot" so easily surpasses Stan's original. Especially Madelyne.
    Rachel is an offshoot, as much as a D-List fill in. Don't delude yourself.

Remarkable how Jean's in a lot of Marvel games and the best you can wish for is for Rachel to be a skin of Jean's. LMAO. Who is surpassing who again?
    Last edited by Bart; 08-24-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Another romance...
    Banshee & Songbird!
    Seems so obvious...

For romance, I'll suggest: Gambit and Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Exciter; 08-24-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I like your idea of pairing Jean and Danny. Besides Danny deserves way better than Rachel---aka Jean lite. Jean and Danny just has more OOMPH behind it.
    Thank You! I just want to see their individual Mythologies clolide in a way that is already present in Chinese lore. It just seems like an interesting thing to do with a set of awesome comic characters.

Fantastic Member

Remarkable how Jean's in a lot of Marvel games and the best you can wish for is for Rachel to be a skin of Jean's. LMAO. Who is surpassing who again?
    Was Rachel ever considered "a Jean offshoot" before Morrison killed Jean and Rachel decided to honour her mom and annoy her dad by calling herself Rachel Grey? Sure, she had the same powers and the hair colour as Jean but apart from that she was always a distictive character on her own right.

Is Cable considered an offshoot of Cyclops? They're both stoic, militaristic leaders with complicated, slashworthy relationships with violent, Canadian supersoldiers.

BANNED

I only read comics. Have fun with your "games".

Everyone has low points but Excalibur era Rachel was a more provoking and compelling character than any era of Jean. So was Uncanny era Marelyne tbh. With both it did feel like Claremont was doing some things reminiscent of or derived from Jean but doing it all so much better and adding so much other good stuff as well with each of them. Calling either "Jean lite" just tells me have no real understanding of any of these 3 characters.

Of course Jean's best probably wasn't under Claremont either. It was either Simonson or Morrison imo. And I'll agree she was pretty great then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Seems so obvious...

I was gonna say that too!

For just a team up though, Gambit and Moon Knight would be cool. Gambit steals Egyptian artifact and Khonshu tells Marc to go get it back.

I should have been specific lol. I meant romantic pairings. BUT I like some of these regular team-up ideas, so I included that in the OP!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Check Simone's run on Deadpool and Agent X. Some good Taskmaster stuff in there.
    Loved that run! Still have it... somewhere.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Loved that run! Still have it... somewhere.
    I have it as it's part of the Deadpool Classic Omnibus. Well worth it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Seems so obvious...

Oh lawd no... Remy can do a lot better than that...

I made the case before in a Spider-Man thread and I stick by it: Spider-Man and Emma Frost, romantically or just as a team up. Their personalities are different enough to both clash, but also complement each other. Spidey (like Cyclops back in the day) is an idealist, Emma is pragmatic. One is a corn ball, the other is a "snob." For fiction writing, couples always seem to benefit from a bit of a Yin and Yang. (Obviously Scott and Emma were different types, as is Peter and MJ) Seeing the two interact together can be hilarious.

However, despite the personality differences, characters have shared experiences though. Both were bullied in high school. Both started off as very selfish individuals before tragedy struck and changed their m.o. (Peter's loss of Uncle Ben, Emma's loss of the Hellions) Both had careers as school teachers at some point in their lives. Both graduated from E.S.U. Peter's a genius inventor and Emma back in the day was no slouch. Think how Parker Industries would have benefited if Pete let someone with Emma's aptitude for running a business manage day to day operations. (Not to mention her psychic abilities would have easily flushed out the various corporate spies that seem to have plagued the company during Slott's run.

Besides, "Marvel Adventure" Emma Frost was totally crushing on him!

"The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    Oh lawd no... Remy can do a lot better than that...
    Better than the people he usually gets paired up with.

If I had to pair Gambit with anyone outside of the X-Universe it would be Black Cat.

I can already see the story. They both go to steal something and end up fighting a crime boss, while at the sametime flirting and saving lives.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.