View Poll Results: Did ODIN father Rachel Summer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Odin was the Father. Rachel is part-goddess

11 14.29%
  • No, that's impossible. Odin is not her daddy.

46 59.74%
  • Inconclusive. We need to take a paternity test.

20 25.97%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Hope isn't the white Phoenix.
    Reread AvX. She is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Reread AvX. She is.
    Agreed
    10 character

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I do not know how to classify Rachel in the spectrum of phoenixes before she wielded the Blue Shadow of the Phoenix starting in the Rise and Fall storyline, but she certainly strikes me as very human -- at the very least, she is half human. I cannot see her ever exercising the discipline to wield the Iron Fist or any of the other immortal arts, as have Hope and Fongji.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Reread AvX. She is.
    Rachel already said in Excalibur that the color of the costume doesn't matter. So again she's not the White Phoenix of the Crown.

Eww no thank you.

BANNED

So the Phoenix was the father of Rachel... meaning the Phoenix was male... Odin banged the Phoenix... So Odin is bisexual too then?

The Phoenix is a being of pure energy let's quit putting our human genders to it. It can be Male, Female, Both, or Neither if it chooses.

Rachel's father was Scott the only real question is who's her mother Jean merged with Phoenix or Phoenix posing as Jean?

I think the whole "Phoenix is the father" thing could be a little disjointed considering how many times Phoenix appears to not only present herself as a woman and goes by female pronouns. Just like concepts like Chaos, Order, and In-Betweener present themselves as men.

Or this could be in the same vein as Mystique originally being Nightcrawler's 'father'. Considering trans women can still have dicks, you could still call Phoenix a mother to Rach.

BANNED

The Phoenix Force is a Home Wrecker the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The Phoenix Force is a Home Wrecker the way I see it.
    Phoenix and the Hosts - Homewrecker.

It would make Rachel way more interesting than she is to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Rachel already said in Excalibur that the color of the costume doesn't matter. So again she's not the White Phoenix of the Crown.
    Rachel's beyond notions of Phoenix administration. Like Galactus, Roma, Hela, Death and other cosmic beings, abstracts and gods have confirmed she's innately tied to the Phoenix yet also not simply another incarnation of it. She's the lone child of the Phoenix and as a result multiversally unique. This makes sense as during her record breakingly long run as Phoenix she never succumbed to the Phoenix consciousness and indeed displayed a unique degree of dominion asserting herself over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rachel's beyond notions of Phoenix administration. Like Galactus, Roma, Hela, Death and other cosmic beings, abstracts and gods have confirmed she's innately tied to the Phoenix yet also not simply another incarnation of it. She's the lone child of the Phoenix and as a result multiversally unique. This makes sense as during her record breakingly long run as Phoenix she never succumbed to the Phoenix consciousness and indeed displayed a unique degree of dominion asserting herself over it.
    If your gonna go there you might as well mention that Rachel's DNA has also been analyzed to be of Grey/Summers origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    If your gonna go there you might as well mention that Rachel's DNA has also been analyzed to be of Grey/Summers origin.
    No, it's only been said to have "diverged" from the 616 Summers strain by Sinister after a quick casual look. After which he immediately lost all interest in her.

Also, as Rachel is capable of unconscious genetic rearrangement even a thorough DNA analysis couldn't really be trusted. She literally is whatever she thinks she is at that moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Phoenix and the Hosts - Homewrecker.

It would make Rachel way more interesting than she is to me.
    Most definitely I Agree

I've seen a number of threads talk about Rachel's parentage in the past. More often than not, they tend to turn into either broad speculation or elaborate what if scenarios. I don't see any reason why we should suspect that Odin's romantic history with the Phoenix Force should somehow have any impact on Rachel. Marvel Legacy, which will explore a time when he and Phoenix were a thing, takes place in 1,000,000 BC. Rachel Grey comes from the future. It's literally in the opposite direction, in terms of timeline, so I doubt there will be anything that really affects Rachel.

If it effects anyone, it'll be O5 Jean. She's the one preparing to deal with the Phoenix Force in her solo series. It looks like Marvel will be setting up some sort of Phoenix event down the line, which makes sense with the X-men Dark Phoenix movie coming out next year. This little sub-plot with Odin might affect it, somehow. It might even get other elements of the Marvel Universe involved with Jean's story, which could be interesting if done right. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Marvel Legacy, but not for anything involving Rachel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.