View Poll Results: Did ODIN father Rachel Summer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Odin was the Father. Rachel is part-goddess

11 14.29%
  • No, that's impossible. Odin is not her daddy.

46 59.74%
  • Inconclusive. We need to take a paternity test.

20 25.97%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I can't think of a consistent character in the X-Men that hasn't been wallpaper for the last ten years. Also is there even anything right about the Phoenix? If the bird had her way she'd have Cyclops locked in a cage making her millions redheaded babies.
    She's yet another imitation of Jean Grey. With Hope, Teen Jean, and Goblin Queen running around we don't need Rachel.

Most of us would gladly trade them all in for the real Jean to come back. Marvel isn't DC we dont need 4 different versions of one character running around.

We especially don't need a third rate character like Rachel tied to any MU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She's yet another imitation of Jean Grey. With Hope, Teen Jean, and Goblin Queen running around we don't need Rachel.

Most of us would gladly trade them all in for the real Jean to come back. Marvel isn't DC we dont need 4 different versions of one character running around.

We especially don't need a third rate character like Rachel tied to any MU characters.
    Man you really don't like Rachel. Oh well.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I don't understand? In AvX, it's even stated. Of course, Rachel thinks the colour of the costume does not matter. That's because she believes she's the Phoenix's only child.
    Where was it stated she's the White Pine of The Crown? Also Rachel said is doesn't matter because ever was afraid of her wearing the red Phoenix costume (the bad one) just because Jean. Besides Jean wore the Phoenix costume when the bird wasn't even possessing her, does that mean she was the Phoenix? No. It's just a costume. I mean for crying out loud Jean wore the green one when she went to visit Kurt during his solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Man you really don't like Rachel. Oh well.
    It's weird when Rachel is Emma's favorite.

Mighty Member

Canonically, Rachel is the biological daughter of the Scott Summers and Jean Grey of her home timeline.

After Jean's resurrection in 1986 and the Scott/Madelyne debacle, Claremont began dropping hints here and there Scott was not her father.* Per the podcast that's been cited in this thread already, Claremont's intent was that Rachel was the daughter of the Jean Grey of her home timeline and the Phoenix Force. This is why, in his vision, she has no true cross-time counterparts anywhere in the Multiverse. There are various "Rachel Summers" who are the daughter of Scott and Jean, but none of them are alternate versions of the "real" Rachel.**

This is another one of those canon vs. creator's intent situations similar to the matter of Rachel and Kitty's sexual orientation.

*The most notorious one is in Days of Future Present when Ahab turns 616 Cyclops and 616 Sue Richards into Hounds to track down Rachel and her timeline's version of Franklin Richards. Sue can sense Franklin, but Scott can't sense Rachel.

**I can't recall the issue off the top of my head, but it was around the time Claremont and Davis brought Psylocke back from the dead. There's a bit where Rachel and Betsy are in some sort of nether-space and various cross-time versions of Betsy are visible, but the only versions of Rachel visible are from her own life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I don't understand? In AvX, it's even stated. Of course, Rachel thinks the colour of the costume does not matter. That's because she believes she's the Phoenix's only child.
    In what book did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    In what book did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I feel like we need Maury.
    Sinister did a DNA test and confirmed Rachel is a Summers. The problem is Rachel also transformed herself into an evolved dinosaur by altering her DNA. The argument is if she wants to be a Summers, she can make herself Scott's daughter.

Should all the cuckoos go away then?

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Sinister did a DNA test and confirmed Rachel is a Summers. The problem is Rachel also transformed herself into an evolved dinosaur by altering her DNA. The argument is if she wants to be a Summers, she can make herself Scott's daughter.
    thats just too convoluted to have her rearrange her DNA to make herself Scott's daughter. its simpler to just accept her as such since this is what she's always been presented as and I see no reason to change that now 30 years later

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats just too convoluted to have her rearrange her DNA to make herself Scott's daughter. its simpler to just accept her as such since this is what she's always been presented as and I see no reason to change that now 30 years later
    It's not convoluted, it's canon. Rachel very literally is whatever she thinks she is. She isn't even consciously doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    It's not convoluted, it's canon. Rachel very literally is whatever she thinks she is. She isn't even consciously doing it.
    just bc something is canon doesn't make it not convoluted. The whole thing with Psylockes body switch is canon but that doesn't make it any less convoluted than it was

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Should all the cuckoos go away then?
    Sure if they're only ever going to be just like Emma.

There are SO many xmen/new mutants/Young Xmen that aren't mini-me's and have their own unique power sets and history and they're ignored.

Having Rachel in Gold and Jean in Blue is just as dumb as when Wolverine was on every team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    just bc something is canon doesn't make it not convoluted. The whole thing with Psylockes body switch is canon but that doesn't make it any less convoluted than it was
    It's not convoluted if I can literally explain it in a single sentence.

There are SO many xmen/new mutants/Young Xmen that aren't mini-me's and have their own unique power sets and history and they're ignored.

Having Rachel in Gold and Jean in Blue is just as dumb as when Wolverine was on every team.
    lolno. Rachel's less like Jean than the Cuckoos are like Emma. Same deal with Hope and Jean and even Madelyne and Jean tbh.

They're also more like Emma than Daken or Laura are like Logan.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

At this point, Rachel Summers is a more established character than Teen Jean, who is the definition of redundant.