Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Dick Grayson become a Talon & should his family history be explored more?

So since his Great Grandfather is William Cobb and his great grandfather is angry that Dick didn't become a Talon and threw away his family "legacy" do you think at some point the Court will brainwash Dick into being a Talon? I can honestly see this happening especially since he's no longer Nightwing and everyone believes he's dead. I think the Crownes are the one Gotham Family that hasn't been touched on and I'd like to see a story line where the Court gains the upper hand after brain washing Dick and force him to take a new identity so they could control the Crownes fortune or whatever would interesting.

I mean he can't exactly resurface as Richard Grayson since his identity was exposed but if he was given a new identity by the Court after being brainwashed and broke free I can see him living in public as Richard Crowne which would make sense, since the Grayson name was created by Cobb, Dick taking the Crowne name would be the perfect way to reject what Cobb views as Dick's family legacy.

That being said it would be interesting to see Dick recover from being made the Court's pawn especially if he was forced to kill for them and made to rule Gotham as their figure head. At the very least it would be interesting to see Dick interact with living family members however distant.

BANNED

Are you from the past?

I kid, but Dick has been Nightwing again since Rebirth started, his identity and death having been covered up during Grayson.

More relevent question: Does anyone actually still give a crap about The Court, The Talons or their place in Dick's retconned history?

Someone is a bit behind on things...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Dick is Nightwing in the Nightwing book now and not dead. And his secret identity was restored.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Someone is a bit behind on things...
    Yeah... I think I might I'm currently reading Night of Owls and I recently purchased the DC Encyclopedia.

I don't want him to become a Talon in any way, but if his heritage were played up more I think it could result in a good antagonist for Nightwing coming out of the Court.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I'd hate if Dick became a Talon in main canon but it's a great idea for an elseworlds book. I'd like to see what Scott Snyder originally had planned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I'd hate if Dick became a Talon in main canon but it's a great idea for an elseworlds book. I'd like to see what Scott Snyder originally had planned
    It certainly would make for a good Elseworlds book I wonder how differently his relationships would be I think he'd end up being like Jason Todd, mixed with Calvin Rose with Barbara as his Casey. It would make for a good elseworld story to be sure.

Extraordinary Member

The costume in nightwing 30 was boss though

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The costume in nightwing 30 was boss though

Russell Dauterman is dynamite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Russell Dauterman is dynamite.
    I wanted this as an alt for injustice

BANNED

The Court of Owls starves and tortures its Talons to forge them. I don't want that for Dick. He shouldn't be a stooge for the Court--they should all be working for HIM.

I don't mind the Court. But I think they need a bit of rest, not for exposure reasons but I think it's concept with high potential and should be used sparingly and effectively.

Concept art at the beginning of rebirth imply he may have went down that path at one point possibly before Rebrith's 'classic' motif prompting blue bird nightwing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Concept art at the beginning of rebirth imply he may have went down that path at one point possibly before Rebrith's 'classic' motif prompting blue bird nightwing.
    I don't think that was a design for Dick.