All-New Member

Default Batman Under The Red Hood TPB Question

I just got done reading the "Under The Red Hood" TPB and was very surprised and shocked to find that the very last splash page from issue 650 is missing! This is the very last page of the story! Wtf?!
    I have a 5th printing copy and can't for the life of me understand if this is indeed an error and if so how it was never fixed.
    Did anybody else notice this or have any insight into why thr final page of the story isn't included? This doesn't make any sense at all.
    I've attached a pic of the missing last page
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have wondered this myself, though it may have just seemed unnecessary to the editors. The original print was meant to coincide with the whole 'superboy prime' event that was happening at the time. (and as you can see this page is referring to universal events) However the page in the TPB was left out, possibly since it may have been confusing to readers who are not up to date with or even aware of the events that occurred during UTRH, they probably felt it had no place in the overall story or arc and could go to print without it.

That seems to me the logical answer, I dont know if an explanation or reasoning was ever given.

BANNED

I think it goes hand in hand with erasing the SBP explanation in the animated release. At the time Winnick didn`t have a hard rule on how Jason had returned and used the crossover but later simply worked on the League and the Pit as the culprits that made most sense.

Just wondering, does the current edition collecting the storyline also have the pages of the Annual making direct allusion to Superboy Prime and his punch when retelling how Jason comes back? Does it mention it at all or simply something vague along the lines of "powerful beings messing up with time"?

Incredible Member

No, all the stuff with Superboy-Prime is still in there. What's even more infuriating is that Batman 650's last story page is simply replaced by a blank page of nothingness... WHAT THE HELL? And then after that, there's a detailed text page explaining Jason's involvement in Hush... why couldn't they have done the same for the Infinite Crisis stuff if they thought it was so confusing? This was a boneheaded and idiotic move by DC.