View Poll Results: Who are your favorite 'buddy teams'?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman/Superman

    54 36.00%
  • Flash/Green Lantern

    40 26.67%
  • Green Lantern/Green Arrow

    32 21.33%
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary

    26 17.33%
  • Hawkman/Atom

    11 7.33%
  • Blue Beetle/Booster Gold

    54 36.00%
  • Fire/Ice

    18 12.00%
  • Huntress/Power Girl

    18 12.00%
  • Robin (Grayson)/Batgirl (Gordon)

    19 12.67%
  • Changeling (Beast Boy)/Cyborg

    19 12.67%
  • Other

    23 15.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90

Thread: Superbuds

  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    What's the story with El Dia[bl]o's eyes? W[h]y are they on fire?
    EL Diablo appreciation -https://community.cbr.com/showthread...O-Appreciation

    He is supernatural- possesed by a demon (this is the fire in his eyes), channeling it for good. Somewhat DCs Ghost "Rider" before there was a supernatural Ghost Rider.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-06-2019 at 04:52 AM.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    EL Diablo appreciation -https://community.cbr.com/showthread...O-Appreciation

    He is supernatural- possesed by a demon (this is the fire in his eyes), channeling it for good. Somewhat DCs Ghost "Rider" before there was a supernatural Ghost Rider.
    Cool.

    I thought El Diablo was just a normal person with a whip and a revolver. I'm basing this from a sketchy memory of an old Who's Who entry.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    BLUE BEETLE/BOOSTER GOLD!!! My fave!

    But I also have a soft spot for Fire & Ice.

    And Changeling and Cyborg are rather good too.

    I think of Dick and Barbara as more of a couple now.

    Batman/Superman is a given. DC's finest team.

    I like all these friendships, really.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-05-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Same reason as usual. My damn computer...

  4. #64
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    BLUE BEETLE/BOOSTER GOLD!!! My fave!

    But I also have a soft spot for Fire & Ice.

    And Changeling and Cyborg are rather good too.

    I think of Dick and Barbara as more of a couple now.

    Batman/Superman is a given. DC's finest team.

    I like all these friendships, really.
    Batman/Superman is nice BUT!!! I think the best relationship in these 2 Families was:

    Tim Drake/Conner Kent: The 2 are much better than Batman/Superman, because Conner supported Tim as Tims father died, Tim tried to clone Conner as he died, the 2 got trough funny adventures like the last one with the Toyman
    AND!! they also have Bart Allen as 3. Person..

  5. #65
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post






    True!



    Definitely the Brave & the Bold: "Light-Speed" duo.
    Sadly DC neglects this great partnering.
    THIS! All day freaking long!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,497

    Default

    Surprised there's no Supersons option just oldies.

    I like the Dick/Damian duo, Huntress and Powergirl and the Supersons more than any on the list.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,632

    Default

    lets not forget these two


  8. #68
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,632

    Default



    for a new god, mister miracle really fit well with the jli.

    i'd like to think that scott would hang out with beetle and booster on certain occasions.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,632

    Default


  10. #70
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Güicho did it so I feel like it's okay for me ...
    That's never a good idea to follow.
    That said, for another villain pairing these two would make for great pals, and an absolutley twisted World's Un-Finest
    BIZARRO & MANBAT !
    &
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2019 at 05:42 AM.

  11. #71
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,937

    Default

    For old time's sake I voted for Batman and Superman who were my favourite buddy team--even though, for the majority of my lifetime that hasn't been the case. But when I was a kid and I'd open an issue of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS to the splash page, it would always say "Your Two Favorite Heroes Superman and Batman [with Robin the Boy Wonder] in One Adventure Together!" and I'd say to myself, "By gosh, they're right. Batman and Superman are my two favourite heroes!"

    celebrating 50 years of 4 beatles crossing a zebra

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    For old time's sake I voted for Batman and Superman who were my favourite buddy team--even though, for the majority of my lifetime that hasn't been the case. But when I was a kid and I'd open an issue of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS to the splash page, it would always say "Your Two Favorite Heroes Superman and Batman [with Robin the Boy Wonder] in One Adventure Together!" and I'd say to myself, "By gosh, they're right. Batman and Superman are my two favourite heroes!"

    Don't know if their visual alignment ^ is significant? While Superman as Leo makes sense, Batman (who is shown at Taurus) always seemed more Scorpio to me.

    Way off topic: I guess if Dr. Zodiac nabbed the Bronze-Age/Satellite League, and wanted to channel their "energies", I'd align them as follows (also corresponding heavenly bodies) :

    Leo - Sun - Superman
    Scorpio- Moon - Batman
    Libra - Star - Wonder Woman
    Aries - Mars - Martian Manhunter
    Pisces - Neptune - Aquaman
    Sagittarius - Earth - Green Arrow
    Virgo - Venus - Canary
    Aquarius - Mercury - Flash
    Cancer - Saturn(rings) - Green Lantern
    Taurus - Jupiter(the titan!) - Atom (meant ironically of course)
    Gemini - Uranus - Hawkman & Woman
    Capricorn - Pluto - Zatanna
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-13-2019 at 04:15 AM.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Surprised there's no Supersons option just oldies.
    .
    Was this thread started before them?

  14. #74
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,430

    Default

    I voted for the two from the '30s, my favorite superheroes for 50-something years.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I voted for the two from the '30s, my favorite superheroes for 50-something years.
    So Flash/Green Lantern Jay & Alan?
    LOL, I know who you meant. ; )

    I guess Fire & Ice were the female Blue & Gold of the 80s.





    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •