Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Nahhhhhhhh we, as a collective, ignore both SiXiS and the retcon.
    Thats an idea that has my full support. Let's just say for the time being politics means Quicksilver and Wanda will be confined to a title and Magneto and Lorna another title.

Marvel wasn't even letting that much happen last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Thats an idea that has my full support. Let's just say for the time being politics means Quicksilver and Wanda will be confined to a title and Magneto and Lorna another title.

Marvel wasn't even letting that much happen last year.
    I loved how Wanda and Pietro were abruptly ignoring Mags for a while. I wonder if they saw each other on the battlefield when Mags was attacking the Hydra ship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    This book really needs a second mutant. Isn't Beast joining?
    Beast and Wonder Man will join in issue 28 not 26

ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon:
    Uhmmmmmm Wanda and Pietro ARE mutants (and Beast is joining too, fresh from ruling over a kingdom of mutants). And if Johnny leaves because of Marvel Two-In-One, then they could really use someone like Gambit. I mean, he has rapport with QS, Rogue, Doc Voodoo, and Beast.
    I think that this tweet means that Human Torch will be with them
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/886665694825336835

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    IF there IS a fight between Rogue and Wanda -- verbal or otherwise -- I would find it interesting if it revolved around the frequency of Wanda's being USED by other nefarious forces.

I mean, that's kind of a compelling/meta discussion that would/should be entertaining to read.
    Wanda IS powerful, and therefore a walking, talking, breathing TARGET for dick hole villains to use. And....that's not her fault. That actually really sucks -- to have that level of power and yet, you're continually invaded/possessed/forcibly-overtaken.
    But on the flip side, it sucks for everyone around her too. So for people to get ANGRY at her, for having been used -- especially as often as she has -- that's some rather unfortunate victim shaming, isn't it? But at the same time, I completely understand the outside perspective of "Your POWER is continually EFFING US OVER because of all these jackals commandeering your gawdamn body, WANDA!" Its not an easy resolution either.
    Remender's Uncanny Avengers occasionally seemed to suggest that he was interested in dealing with that. Wanda talked about not wanting to be used as a madman's weapon again, Rogue was afraid of her because she thought she was going to get taken over again, and it kept teasing the story point that the Red Skull wanted to use her power for some nefarious end.

This explains why Remender seemed to accept the idea that M-Day was somehow part of Doom's plan; it doesn't make a lot of sense story-wise, but thematically it fits in with the fact that Wanda always seems to get used by supervillains as some kind of conduit to supreme power: Byrne's West Coast Avengers had her used by Immortus, the very first arc of Busiek's Avengers had Morgan Le Fay kidnap Wanda and use her to take over the world, and of course there's the original Chthon story which revealed the demon had been planning to use her as his vessel from the moment she was born.

But like a lot of the themes in Remender's UA, it got talked about but not really dealt with. (There were so many things in teased in that run that just never got addressed; we never even actually got to see the Unity Squad do anything about human-mutant relations, ever.) I wouldn't mind seeing a writer try and actually dig into this, but the way writers and editors treat Wanda I'm afraid it'll just be a rehash of the old clichés about the character. I'm open-minded enough to give Zub a chance to surprise me though.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Thank the Goddesses, she's back. Of course, Rogue will start chiming in, ruining the issue, blaming Wanda for actions that weren't her fault.
    Last edited by Agatha's Ghost; 08-25-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Wanda and Pietro's retcon is going to last. The writers aren't going to change it back. Magneto will just ignore them from now on.

Rogue has been in this title long enough and should go back to the X-Men. I would like to see Nightcrawler replace her, or have Havok be uninverted and rejoin.

Rogue is the best thing about UA.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ugh! It's the Scarlet B*%#!

Give her a GOOD PUNCH FOR ME ROGUE!!!
    Bwahahaha Ooooooooooo i wish this so. But alas i hope SW doesn't stay. She needs to go to another Avengers book where she would be, dare I say, useful

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I like the idea of Rogue fighting the Scarlet Witch again, but I just can't get behind yet another story of "something evil possesses the Scarlet Witch and someone has to stop her." That story is old and overplayed. After House of M and Children's Crusade, I just can't get behind it anymore. But if this issue leads to Rogue literally beating the evil out of her, I'm still for it.
    Yes this will make my year

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue is the best thing about UA.
    Hey Jen how you been, been way to long since we talked last!!!

Doing this from my IPHONE so I am limited in my typing right now.

Indeed this has been Rogues team since vol 3 came out and I don't want to see her go at all and stay leader, Period!

I am just glad to see Wanda back to and hope when the new makeup of the team is formed she is a staying memeber, also it be nice to see Alex come back and finish his run too sometime down the line.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Thank the Goddesses, she's back. Of course, Rogue will start chiming in, ruining the issue, blaming Wanda for actions that weren't her fault.
    Sadly yeah it's honestly the worst part about this board is the Wanda haters, I will say though it's a relief in a way that it isn't as bad on this thread as it is on others or has been in the past.

Fortunately I'm one of the few fans who actually likes both Wanda and Anna.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 08-25-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    How can you be spending this much energy on something you don't follow?

Sorry. I temporarily hallucinated and then forgot where I was. Resume nonsense.
    Done

LOL That was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I want Rogue to just be awesome. Please don't tie her down with cat fights or forced friendships - please!
    NOW this could happen if Zub just scoot SW to another Avengers team. I say replace her w/another mutant and/or Inhuman. They technically have one of each on the team

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    NOW this could happen if Zub just scoot SW to another Avengers team. I say replace her w/another mutant and/or Inhuman. They technically have one of each on the team
    I think if Jim or anyone at marvel wants to have Wanda in uncanny avengers they have the right to make it happen and well if anyone doesn't like it and they're so against it that they refuse to read the title well they can do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Sadly yeah it's honestly the worst part about this board is the Wanda haters, I will say though it's a relief in a way that it isn't as bad on this thread as it is on others or has been in the past.

Fortunately I'm one of the few fans who actually likes both Wanda and Anna.
    I like them both, because I'm not petty and still mad about something that happened years ago.