Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue is the best thing about UA.
    She's good, but her costume is better. Her hair is in a distant third(Not as fleek as it used to be).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ugh! It's the Scarlet B*%#!

Give her a GOOD PUNCH FOR ME ROGUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Rogue has been in this title long enough and should go back to the X-Men. I would like to see Nightcrawler replace her, or have Havok be uninverted and rejoin.
    I second both of these! Only I would not limit the faces getting punched on the way out to just Wanda's. In my opinion, there should not be one face left unpunched as Rogue makes her exit.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Sadly yeah it's honestly the worst part about this board is the Wanda haters, I will say though it's a relief in a way that it isn't as bad on this thread as it is on others or has been in the past.

Fortunately I'm one of the few fans who actually likes both Wanda and Anna.
    Honesty I don't think much about it anymore cause it has decreased by such a HUGE margin from just a few years ago. Honestly to each their own in the end!

I just say it is a waste to dislike any character cause your limiting yourself in engaging in new and interesting characters and stories, but really to each their own.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I don't hate Scarlet Witch. I hate what writers and artists do to Rogue when Wanda comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    IF there IS a fight between Rogue and Wanda -- verbal or otherwise -- I would find it interesting if it revolved around the frequency of Wanda's being USED by other nefarious forces.

I mean, that's kind of a compelling/meta discussion that would/should be entertaining to read.
    Wanda IS powerful, and therefore a walking, talking, breathing TARGET for dick hole villains to use. And....that's not her fault. That actually really sucks -- to have that level of power and yet, you're continually invaded/possessed/forcibly-overtaken.
    But on the flip side, it sucks for everyone around her too. So for people to get ANGRY at her, for having been used -- especially as often as she has -- that's some rather unfortunate victim shaming, isn't it? But at the same time, I completely understand the outside perspective of "Your POWER is continually EFFING US OVER because of all these jackals commandeering your gawdamn body, WANDA!" Its not an easy resolution either.

Sure, when she sought out the "life force" thing by way of Doom, and it drove her mad, SURE -- in THAT situation, she was tampering with some **** beyond her pay grade. But, all these evil folks who keep setting up shop in her bod? Well that just isn't her fault. And that is a discussion I'd be curious to see laid out.
    Now imo i believe it is her fault to a certain point. You would thing after the first or couple of times that happened you would think to find a way or find someone who can help temper her will to fight off such possession. Don't possession only works/fails depending on the wills of the individual and assailant? I could be wrong, but I'm sure it has something to do with corrupting weak wills or desires. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I don't hate Scarlet Witch. I hate what writers and artists do to Rogue when Wanda comes around.
    Oh you are not one at all my friend and your concern is valid, but going further I don't like using thee term haters anymore or at least as much as I can cause it is to divisive and limiting to true general concerns over characters and I rather engage is respective discussions on a respectful level.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Now imo i believe it is her fault to a certain point. You would thing after the first or couple of times that happened you would think to find a way or find someone who can help temper her will to fight off such possession. Don't possession only works/fails depending on the wills of the individual and assailant? I could be wrong, but I'm sure it has something to do with corrupting weak wills or desires. hmmmmm
    Honestly she went threw this training in her solo, she was strong and prepared but Spencer is just and was a lazy writer just wanting her and a bunch of others out of the way as fast as he could to just get to and tell his Stevil story.

BANNED

I hate Wanda but I love to hate her.

BANNED

Then I think that You will be happy because Jim spoiled some things about Rogue in next issue. I don't think that she will have time for Wanda.
    but that's only my prediction

What about Rogue and Sunfire/Wonderman?
    We are talking about comics
    Some themes are eternal

I'm wouldn't mind seeing them smack each other up for a few issues.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I can see why that would frustrate some readers but to be fair I think Rick remender is the only writer who wrote them together and he as you stated would constantly try and make Anna and Wanda get into confrontations and fights with each other instead of trying to have both characters work together as a team, hopefully though Jim zub will do a better job writing both characters in the series then what Rick remender did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think if Jim or anyone at marvel wants to have Wanda in uncanny avengers they have the right to make it happen and well if anyone doesn't like it and they're so against it that they refuse to read the title well they can do that.
    No where in my post did i say i won't read UA because of SW, please don't assume. I read this book bc of Rogue and some other characters. I can say what i want about the book just as much as anyone else who buys it. Besides its my opinion how I feel about a certain character/s. Do I hate her, no, I just think she belongs somewhere else.

Extraordinary Member

What happens is that in individual stories, the writers try to show her as strong but collectively, it makes her look weak. There are stories where she fights off the possession, or does not actually lose control (in the Morgan Le Fey story she was fully conscious and her will was strong enough to set the other Avengers free from brainwashing). But it adds up to a pattern of her looking like she's easily-controlled and not concerned enough about the potential consequences of getting controlled.

Mind you, her sometime-husband Vision is even easier to control; not only did he spend this whole last event mind-controlled like her, but one of his first acts as an Avenger was to rebuild Ultron out of adamantium because Ultron programmed it into him, he took over the world in the '80s, etc. There's probably a bit of a double standard in that so many of her stories about how weak and unstable she is. But at least Vision's instability and creepy obsession with family made for a great story, which Wanda really hasn't had yet.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It's complicated honestly her becoming possessed by Chthon was obviously not her fault despite the fact that the demon Chthon has always more or less been a major part in how Wanda drew her magic from but the possession itself that took place in secret empire though was entirely against her will and was forced upon her.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly she went threw this training in her solo, she was strong and prepared but Spencer is just and was a lazy writer just wanting her and a bunch of others out of the way as fast as he could to just get to and tell his Stevil story.
    Now see i hate that. A writer does all this good story telling in a Solo just to be an after thought in another. This is why i get so annoyed at marvel.