Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly I think the whining from Rogue fans because of Wanda being here it's quite ridiculous. Wanda is the one in a bad place here, not Rogue. Rogue has been the protagonist of the book since the beginning, while Wanda is coming here 25+ issues later. Whatever beef they may or may not have, it's gonna be about Rogue's development with Wanda as a plot device. And, you know, there's the fact that she was possessed, pretty much raped and forced to work with Hydra. And with a Legacy cover like this, and her acting kinda weird on the preview, she's probably gonna be blamed for it and used as an antagonist somehow.

But of course that's all just me not paying attention to the facts, she was drawn as taller on the cover, that it's from an artist that isn't even the same as the interiors one, so they're obviously gonna be using Rogue to prop her!
    agreed. but hey, this is the x-forums. don't expect logic and rational thinking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. but hey, this is the x-forums. don't expect logic and rational thinking.
    Wiccan postis equally rational as:

Ua have new writer, new roster. Deadpool is not in the team... Who knows what will happen with Rogue?

Just because someone thinks differently it doesn't mean that he is irrational.

BANNED

The Genocidal Witch is back and I'm out.

UGH! UGH! UGH! UGH!

I'm worried Wanda's inclusion may negatively impact Brother Voodoo's relevance on the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm worried Wanda's inclusion may negatively impact Brother Voodoo's relevance on the team.
    The two are users of magic but the origin and how they use have differences.
    It is possible to differentiate the two but this will depend on the writer.

If Simon stays on the team we will have the same problem since at the moment Rogue and him have the same powers.

Hope wanda and Rogue will be kissing and the fans will have their heads exploding

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The two are users of magic but the origin and how they use have differences.
    It is possible to differentiate the two but this will depend on the writer.

If Simon stays on the team we will have the same problem since at the moment Rogue and him have the same powers.
    Yeah, I thought about that too. This is just another reason I hate Uncanny Avengers. I feel like someone is just waiting to get screwed over and it's probably going to be Rogue.

There better be at least one line similar to "really Wanda? You got possessed again? This happens around once a week with you."

I've loved this book from #1 in this volume so I am still on board. The inclusion of Wanda is slightly nauseating, but I will see how it affects the team.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ugh! It's the Scarlet B*%#!

Give her a GOOD PUNCH FOR ME ROGUE!!!
    Oh god not this again.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Oh god not this again.
    Yea it is not like we can be open minded and just see what happens.

We should take more chill pills in life and let our fandom expand with characters we may not have let in yet, we treat comics with to much politics it seems.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I liked the new chemistry between Wanda and her new bud, Brother Voodoo. BV gives Wanda some real advice about the Spirit, and you can see Wanda is attracted to him and there is a bit of flirtation going on there.

Poor Avengers Mansion. Whose going to find the money to repair it after Gravitron splits it to pieces? I'm not sure what Gravitron refers too about touching the Cosmic Cube for a second? Anybody know about this?

Rogue seems resigned to the UA remaining reformed, and she is outvoted in letting Wanda back in the team. Brother Voodoo makes the legitimate claim that his Spirit was taken over as well as Wandas in Secret Empire, so if he is forgiven, so should Wanda. But because Rogue has something lasting against Wanda, that hate isn't going anywhere fast. I liked Wandas comeback when Rogue asked Wanda what she came back to the team for, because Steve Rogers disbanded it. Wanda asked why Rogue came back too? That shut Rogue up. I think the answer is both women have an affinity to this team that was formed to heal the division between Avengers and Mutants, and Rogue and Wanda are the symbols of that division. Those two, together, constitute what is wrong between the Avengers and X-Men, so whenever they are together in one place, trying to help as a team, it's what Steve Rogers wanted to be played out - X-Men and Avengers being heroes and showing each other that fact, is a way to bring them closer, when they see the good they do in the one team. It's a groundbreaking development in the MU, the reality that mutants and super heroes can behave the same.

What is important here is the Unity team were disbanded. They couldn't let go of this reality where Avengers and Mutants work together. No matter how much Rogue hates Wanda, Rogue will swallow her pride for this, because it presents the most hope for going forward, and, is a precedent for all future associations that relate to Mutants and Avengers. The Avengers have had Mutants as members going back to Wanda, Pietro, and Beast. What the Unity Squad brings together is "adversity between the teams" in the same room, and asks it to get over itself to get the job done. What I didn't realise is it brings the FF, Mutants, and Avengers together for the first time in one team.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-07-2017 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I liked the new chemistry between Wanda and her new bud, Brother Voodoo. BV gives Wanda some real advice about the Spirit, and you can see Wanda is attracted to him and there is a bit of flirtation going on there.

Poor Avengers Mansion. Whose going to find the money to repair it after Gravitron splits it to pieces? I'm not sure what Gravitron refers too about touching the Cosmic Cube for a second? Anybody know about this?

Rogue seems resigned to the UA remaining reformed, and she is outvoted in letting Wanda back in the team. Brother Voodoo makes the legitimate claim that his Spirit was taken over as well as Wandas in Secret Empire, so if he is forgiven, so should Wanda. But because Rogue has something lasting against Wanda, that hate isn't going anywhere fast. I liked Wandas comeback when Rogue asked Wanda what she came back to the team for, because Steve Rogers disbanded it. Wanda asked why Rogue came back too? That shut Rogue up. I think the answer is both women have an affinity to this team that was formed to heal the division between Avengers and Mutants, and Rogue and Wanda are the symbols of that division. Those two, together, constitute what is wrong between the Avengers and X-Men, so whenever they are together in one place, trying to help as a team, it's what Steve Rogers wanted to be played out - X-Men and Avengers being heroes and showing each other that fact, is a way to bring them closer, when they see the good they do in the one team. It's a groundbreaking development in the MU, the reality that mutants and super heroes can behave the same.

What is important here is the Unity team were disbanded. They couldn't let go of this reality where Avengers and Mutants work together. No matter how much Rogue hates Wanda, Rogue will swallow her pride for this, because it presents the most hope for going forward, and, is a precedent for all future associations that relate to Mutants and Avengers. The Avengers have had Mutants as members going back to Wanda, Pietro, and Beast. What the Unity Squad brings together is "adversity between the teams" in the same room, and asks it to get over itself to get the job done. What I didn't realise is it brings the FF, Mutants, and Avengers together for the first time in one team.
    Maybe it's time to focus less on adversity and schism and focus more on the union.

If writers do not allow this to happen, there is no way for readers to believe or forget.

Much more to forgive if they are reminded every moment about it.

This team had some good stories but in terms of healing wounds or in relation to the objective did not make any progress in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

That it is Rogue that has to be humbled and swallow her pride and not Wandz is the whole reason this plot point if BS. I will drop the title if this continues. Dont understand why Remender & Zubb like punching down on Rogue but it's nothing I want to read.

BANNED

So, how long before it revealed the Anna Marie is another one of Wanda's sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    So, how long before it revealed the Anna Marie is another one of Wanda's sisters?
    EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!! Are you talking like Lorna Dane? You KNOW who her daddy is... :-(