Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Too spoilery (seriously Marvel... do you think you will sell more after you reveal your last plot twist 2 days earlier than the actual issue?) but I'm grinning from ear to ear anyway...
    Sales for SE are down. For Jack Kirby's 100 year if he was alive, they released the preview and spoiler early to cause buzz and get on the New York Times magazine.

This was done for publicity.

BANNED

Too spoilery (seriously Marvel... do you think you will sell more after you reveal your last plot twist 2 days earlier than the actual issue?) but I'm grinning from ear to ear anyway...
    Yeah, I think this is Marvel apologizing and saying "We dun fuq'd up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But it does somehow manage to give my previously cold and cynical heart a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Spectacular Member

Something must have happened to Sam Wilson before that scene - Hydra Cap has the round shield! Last we saw, he'd flown away to get Jane to safety, so I'd guess that he took her to the hammer, they returned to the fight, but got defeated, and Hydra Cap steals the shield. Then the classic Cap shows up as seen on those two pages, he picks up the hammer and uses it for a one hit KO, taking back the shield as he does so.
    If you download the images, they come up as image 1 and image 3. Image 2 is missing, so in between these two images is probably Classic Cap handing Hydra Cap a good beating, breaking apart his armor for that final smack.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Yeah, but I made the prediction that this would happen on 08/08/2017 :P

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3003197
    Yeah, nothing wrong with that part of your post. I was just saying you needn't have bothered with the attachments.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

So this is the bearded Steve coming out of the cosmic cube to beat up hydra Steve? I don't think it's fair to call it a spoiler since there's not much context given how this happens no speech bubbles neither.

I've already seen some people jumping the gun on reddit declaring that this is proof that there won't be consequences for secret empire. which is honestly ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    So this is the bearded Steve coming out of the cosmic cube to beat up hydra Steve? I don't think it's fair to call it a spoiler since there's not much context given how this happens no speech bubbles neither.

I've already seen some people jumping the gun on reddit declaring that this is proof that there won't be consequences for secret empire. which is honestly ridiculous.
    Good point.....I think that certain people who probably weren't satisfied with the way the story was progressing are just going to be grateful to its ending; rather than seeing how its aftermath will be affecting the MU and especially those involved.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post

It would suck for Steve to be blamed for all of this. But I think the heroes will forgive Steve for everything much easier if they actually see Steve defeat Hydra Steve. They would be able to disassociate the two of them.

Incredible Member

Sometimes you have to swim through an ocean of shit to come out clean on the other side.

Extraordinary Member

Let people complain. We all know that these images are beautiful.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Cap smacking Hydra-Cap with Mjolnir is so satisfying! This is the most excited I've been for a comic in a while.
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Those scenes are epic. Somehow, Spirit Steve is made to appear in the MU, and Steve McNiven knocks Hydra Cap out of the ground.

Actually from the look on Spirit Caps face, I would like to know what Steve says to Hydra Cap. I sure hope there is some dialogue about how Steve feels about Hydra Cap. It would sure go a long way to redeeming Cap in my eyes to hear him say what is so wrong with Hydra Cap. I'd say it was almost cathartic to the whole Civil War I thread flowing through since 2006. Here was the symbol of all that hate and Utilitarianism, that both Tony and Steve were involved in, and it is being hit for 6. Maybe this will be the end of the whole "despised super hero" - a symbol of 1960's freedom from the stoic austerity perpetrated on expression, when Bush pushed surveillance to its limits, and demonised everybody, harking back to the FBI experience of the '60's. If Steve punching Hydra Cap can deliver that finality to Bush's 'austerity', that would be pleasing.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-28-2017 at 06:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Cap smacking Hydra-Cap with Mjolnir is so satisfying! This is the most excited I've been for a comic in a while.

Wait... Why does Steve Rogers have have possession of Mjölnir instead of Jane Foster in that pic... Did I miss something?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Wait... Why does Steve Rogers have have possession of Mjölnir instead of Jane Foster in that pic... Did I miss something?
    Jane only recently just got back from whatever dimension Hydra banished her from & passed out immediately afterwards.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It's explained in the 10 page story in free comic book day special issue we got back in May it happens chronologically after the zero issue but before issue one it's confusing but yeah.

They don't explain exactly how Jane was able to lose the hammer or how hydra cap was able to then wield the hammer that's still a mystery that may not even get explained at all.

BANNED

Being dead makes her unworthy.