Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

somehow hydracap is always faltering after strong attacks and allowing the initiative to slip away. After all he had miles on the ropes but then got beaten down. He was giving A.I. tony the beat down of his digital life but was almost killed by the trap Tony had set for him. Now after somehow k.o.ing the assembled heroes he is blindsided by the cachedcap.

To Jackolover-
    My catharthis also encompasses Steve's return to his chain mail and wings, along with his age. It's been sooo long since his bedside talk with William Burnside and the last page of Steve riding down the rural road on his motorcycle.

I couldn't help but be reminded after reading your comments about Steve's long moral journey of his monologue after the first Secret Empire by Englehart.

IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg

Indeed, there are many risings and advancements of the spirit. I want to say that was a watershed moment for his character, finally acknowledging that his lofty goals of the American Dream might not parallel the political climate at the moment. Given that, CW1 didn't seem such a departure for him. I would say Spencer's run here took that loftiness and corrupted it to the point of outright totalitarianism. Steve became the corruption he'd sworn to fight. No wonder he took the hammer to HydraCap.
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-28-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Wait... Why does Steve Rogers have have possession of Mjölnir instead of Jane Foster in that pic... Did I miss something?
    Yeah, there are pages missing in the preview. In #9, Doctor Strange freed Jane Foster from her banishment, but being away from the hammer meant that she only had enough time to knock out Scarlet Witch before reverting to her mortal form. Sam Wilson flew her to safety. You'll notice in these pages, Hydra Cap has the round shield. So I think there's a missing page showing Sam and Jane returning, Jane having retrieved the hammer. Hydra Cap KOs them and takes the shield. The heroes think all is lost, but as we see in that first page, another Steve emerges, and hits Hydra Cap using Mjolnir, taking back the shield as he does so.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    To Jackolover-
    My catharthis also encompasses Steve's return to his chain mail and wings, along with his age. It's been sooo long since his bedside talk with William Burnside and the last page of Steve riding down the rural road on his motorcycle.

I couldn't help but be reminded after reading your comments about Steve's long moral journey of his monologue after the first Secret Empire by Englehart.

IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg

Indeed, there are many risings and advancements of the spirit. I want to say that was a watershed moment for his character, finally acknowledging that his lofty goals of the American Dream might not parallel the political climate at the moment. Given that, CW1 didn't seem such a departure for him. I would say Spencer's run here took that loftiness and corrupted it to the point of outright totalitarianism. Steve became the corruption he'd sworn to fight. No wonder he took the hammer to HydraCap.
    This is arguably the real return of Captain America ever since Steve got de-aged.

And, of course, this is also the first time we've seen the classic suit back in an even longer time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    Sales for SE are down. For Jack Kirby's 100 year if he was alive, they released the preview and spoiler early to cause buzz and get on the New York Times magazine.
    Big books from both Marvel and DC have been consistently spoiled a day or two in advance in the mainstream press for years now. It's common practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    This was done for publicity.
    You should be a detective!
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-28-2017 at 08:35 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Let people complain. We all know that these images are beautiful.
    Indeed. What a sight to behold! Get 'im, Cap!

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    ... aargh, pirate boots and all.

Makes me want another Cap/McNiven series too
    I was so happy those boots were gone. It'll take some getting used to.
    Seconded on the Mcniven.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Big books from both Marvel and DC have been consistently spoiled a day or two in advance in the mainstream press for years now. It's common practice.

You should be a detective!
    And you should be a d***. Wait, you already are!

56091677.jpg
    Last edited by SlimJ87D; 08-28-2017 at 10:24 PM.

And I missed it in the preview originally, but we had Clint Barton lead the Avengers into the attack against Hydra Cap. After all the pressure on Clint in this Event (and post CWII), it was satisfying that not Sam Wilson Captain America, but Hawkeye was the Avenger who led the attack. It's sort of like seniority who made the call to Assemble. Not Panther, not Carol Danvers, but one of the original kooky quartet, Clint Barton, who was brutalised by Steve Rogers in training sessions for leaning too heavily on his bowman skills, gets to have the moral superiority in this case over his mentor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So much for the tolerant left...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    So much for the tolerant left...
    I wonder if hydra cap has a emotional meltdown wearing a cosmic cube armour or when his armour is wrecked by a divine weapon will the resultant energy clash cause his outer shell to melt to reveal .....
    The Red Skull in guise of hydra Cap meaning it was the skull all along which would just about melt all the comic forums and wreck the internet. the ultimate mocking of the conservatives by the tolerant left.We had a man in your ranks parading as a conservative and you didn't catch him. sucks ta be ya!
    Not to mention you cannot punch neo hydracap Nazi but its fine to punch Sam Cap.lol.

BANNED

Captain America isn't a liberal, he believes in preserving a constitutional Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And I missed it in the preview originally, but we had Clint Barton lead the Avengers into the attack against Hydra Cap. After all the pressure on Clint in this Event (and post CWII), it was satisfying that not Sam Wilson Captain America, but Hawkeye was the Avenger who led the attack. It's sort of like seniority who made the call to Assemble. Not Panther, not Carol Danvers, but one of the original kooky quartet, Clint Barton, who was brutalised by Steve Rogers in training sessions for leaning too heavily on his bowman skills, gets to have the moral superiority in this case over his mentor.
    Clint was the leader of the Underground (had been since Widow left and set up the new Red Room with the Champions), so it makes sense. Sam basically took over as field leader when he became Cap again, but he's not there in that scene because of Jane Foster.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-29-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if hydra cap has a emotional meltdown wearing a cosmic cube armour or when his armour is wrecked by a divine weapon will the resultant energy clash cause his outer shell to melt to reveal .....
    The Red Skull in guise of hydra Cap meaning it was the skull all along which would just about melt all the comic forums and wreck the internet. the ultimate mocking of the conservatives by the tolerant left.We had a man in your ranks parading as a conservative and you didn't catch him. sucks ta be ya!
    Not to mention you cannot punch neo hydracap Nazi but its fine to punch Sam Cap.lol.
    Nah, Red Skull has already been Secretary of State in a conservative administration.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's explained in the 10 page story in free comic book day special issue we got back in May it happens chronologically after the zero issue but before issue one it's confusing but yeah.

They don't explain exactly how Jane was able to lose the hammer or how hydra cap was able to then wield the hammer that's still a mystery that may not even get explained at all.
    ......Actually, the secret as to why HydraCap was able to wield Mjolnir (and only once) was indeed revealed within SECRET EMPIRE #10 itself.