Default Superman vs Hyperion

Many people say that Hyperion is Marvel's Superman, so I wanted to put it to the test.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman

Marvel Now Hyperion

Arena: The middle of a busy city (i.e New York)

Who would win?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Do you mean Hickman Avengers Hyperion?

Hm.

Post Crisis Supes should still take it on being the hell faster and strong enough to hurt the dude at least somewhat. That last thing+blitz should take him over.

Unless someone can recall some speedfeats for Hickman's Hyperion that I'm blanking on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

Hm.

Post Crisis Supes should still take it on being the hell faster and strong enough to hurt the dude at least somewhat. That last thing+blitz should take him over.

Unless someone can recall some speedfeats for Hickman's Hyperion that I'm blanking on.
    Yes - I know there are other versions of Hyperion but he's the one I'm most familiar with.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

Then yeah, I lean to the above.

Hm.

How fast is Hyperion anyway?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

He has nebulous speed feats but aside from out reacting a bullrushing namor I can't think of anything that stands out. Either way it's not enough to contend with Supes.

depends on if you consider flight from nevada to sumatra and back in legtimately one minute fast. He hasn't really been given speedfeats that are definitive. more implied,like when he flew threw terminus head before the lightning from Thor hit Terminus. One thing not in doubt,is his strength or heatvision potency. He has held planet's apart or even together more than once. Casually lifts and slam's atlantis. Decapitates namor with heat vision. Tear's off the arm of the high evolutionary,flies thru terminus like he was nothing.

Dude is a powerhouse. just the speed is not clearly defined.

He's certainly on the higher end of things, just not in the way that will get him a win here.

What if speed were equalized?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    flip a coin really....I mean they are pretty much the same powerset. Im also assuming at the same level of physicality. Only difference and i know it doesn't apply here because the rumbles removes their restrictions. Hyperion will kill or maim,that their is no question of whatsoever.

I know Superman's power can be restricted if trapped in a Red Sun prison, but can they also be restricted if he was trapped in complete darkness?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I lean more to Hyperion in that case, at least under Hickman, he had a treatment of being in this place of weird transcendent ridiculousness from the get go and backed it up with his stuff with planets, the Evolutionary, Terminus, what have you.

I lean more to Hyperion in that case, at least under Hickman, he had a treatment of being in this place of weird transcendent ridiculousness from the get go and backed it up with his stuff with planets, the Evolutionary, Terminus, what have you.
    It would get interesting with nuSuperman if speed were equalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    It would get interesting with nuSuperman if speed were equalized.
    Well Rebirth/current Supes is just as strong as NU Supes.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Hm.

I'm blanking on the specifics, but he had one speed feat where he did a bunch of stuff while everyone else was simply immobile. I think this was in the HE arc, and he did something like fly off, have a conversation with himself, do something marginally treasonous against the Avengers cause, and rejoin the main action, and nobody registered any of it. That said, nothing about that feat really required lightspeed-ish reactions that I can see, so it probably still leaves him too slow to deal with Supes.