Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default I think its time for a Spiderman/Captain America team book

Lots of writers put him with characters he wouldnt build significant character development or belivabable reasons to team up with them other than making money. And in a sense cap is this with iron man, avengers, black widow etc. Peter and Steve have to always play a foil or moral figure in team uo books without rhyme or reason, it barely helps builts their own characters in depth, it always depends on them to act for others as a prop to build herors or anti heroes development.

Its time to put these two together. Because they could really help establish or reinvent the cape troupes missing in 616 comics, and both characters as of now hit there lowest which peter relates more than any big name hero. I also feel like Peter never gets to evaluate Steve and have a meaningful dynamic with him like he does tony or logan, steve is the same and hes seen peter in action but never puts in perspective what peter goes through or how he stands out from his eyes.

I want peter and steve to be brothers(big brother steve putting peter his little brother through the tied to groom him to be the next best and little brother peter gives steve a sense of family and brings him back to the skinny steve he once was as a man) like marvel puts them with contrasts them both but these brotherhood is based on geniune identical values and pure uncoditional respect and friendship. It could be a book on how to make 616 heroes a better example of hope and idealism in a attemp to redeem themselves.

Both got bad events after all.

Both a marvels greatest goods.

They both have positions as inspiring to people.

And both wear blue and red.

It should happen, because its the most logical thng that comes off as a Superman/Batman book, ironman in my eyes is a poor batman substitute and being rich doesnt change hes not a ethical and determined paragon like bruce is. Peter is the batman of marvel on a iconic and concepted way of being street, dark, and made to contrast captain america in having powers vs no powers but share the same beliefs he does.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

I'm with you there. Everyone keeps talking about Peter's dynamic with Tony (thank you MCU), but I'd prefer to see a mentor-student relationship with Steve instead. It would make more sense, what with Peter and Steve being the Heart and Soul of the Marvel Universe (at least, when they are written well.)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    I'm with you there. Everyone keeps talking about Peter's dynamic with Tony (thank you MCU), but I'd prefer to see a mentor-student relationship with Steve instead. It would make more sense, what with Peter and Steve being the Heart and Soul of the Marvel Universe (at least, when they are written well.)
    No thank you MCU for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No thank you MCU for me .
    That was sarcasm on my part. While I like Tom Holland's Peter, I found his reliance on Tony to be aggravating and wish they had cut that part out completely.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree. I'd love to see a Peter/Steve team up book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I would concur with all of you. With recent revelations about the true nature of what happened to Steve Rogers in mind, I suppose Peter Parker would be able to empathize with Steve and relate to having his identity and life hijacked by an outside force that twisted and perverted everything he stood for. And yes, both of them are the greatest moral exemplars of the Marvel Universe, with Peter in a prime position to take up the torch of leading the superhero community from Steve while nonetheless being inspired by and learning from Steve's example. I wouldn't totally discount Peter's relationship with Tony Stark, as Peter and Tony do have certain things in common like incredible scientific genius and technological savvy as well as a tendency to mask their doubts and anxieties with snark.

However, Peter is ultimately closer to Steve in regards to morality and also in the sense that they both started off as small, weak, and easily picked on before gaining their superhuman (or enhanced) abilities and choosing to use those abilities to defend others who were also small and weak and bullied. Not to mention that as Captain America has inspired so many other heroes that came after him, Spider-Man has also inspired so many of the younger generations of heroes, being the first independent teenage superhero that grew to adulthood learning on the job, as it were, with no mentors to support him, though he has occasionally attempted to play that role for younger heroes and could probably be more of a "cool big brother" figure to them since he's usually portrayed as among the younger or youngest of the adult superheroes. In that sense, I could definitely see the camaraderie shown between Steve and Peter in earlier comics built up into a genuine friendship.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm kind of just done with the idea of team-up books .

This is the worst time for a Spider-Man/Captain America team book. And I'm not really big fan of this team up anyway.

You know what this is the best time for? A Spider-Man/Daredevil book. Living in New York City fighting Mayor Kingpin? It's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    This is the worst time for a Spider-Man/Captain America team book. And I'm not really big fan of this team up anyway.

You know what this is the best time for? A Spider-Man/Daredevil book. Living in New York City fighting Mayor Kingpin? It's a no-brainer.
    I would buy a DD/Spidey team up book without hesitation.

BANNED

In CW peter felt like he was delegated to a robin like role aging squire to both tony and Steve later. Its like tony brought him into avengers tower with his family and took him under his wing and then peter rebels and captain Americas turn comes up although I don't think they bonded as much as tony peter due to the whole CW. Still it feels like a what if story where batman and superman are feuding and robin first fights on Batman's side but rebels and joins Superman's side later if CW is viewed from Peters point of view. Anyway anyone wants to see a team up of superior octopus and hydra cap.

The Spidey series did a good team-up issue with the characters. I also recall that Marvel Adventures had one too (them vs. the Gargoyle).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I would buy a DD/Spidey team up book without hesitation.
    Spider-Man/Daredevil would be amazing. Hell, I would settle for Spidey joining the Defenders to battle Kingpin and maybe settle things with Felicia Hardy once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    In CW peter felt like he was delegated to a robin like role aging squire to both tony and Steve later. Its like tony brought him into avengers tower with his family and took him under his wing and then peter rebels and captain Americas turn comes up although I don't think they bonded as much as tony peter due to the whole CW. Still it feels like a what if story where batman and superman are feuding and robin first fights on Batman's side but rebels and joins Superman's side later if CW is viewed from Peters point of view. Anyway anyone wants to see a team up of superior octopus and hydra cap.
    Hmm, you should check out Injustice: Gods Among Us and Injustice 2 (both the game and the prequel comics), because that is pretty much what happens. Robin (Damian Wayne) starts off on Batman's side, but agreeing more with Superman's increasingly brutal and totalitarian methods causes him to defect to Superman's side, especially after he alienates Batman by (accidentally) killing Dick Grayson/Nightwing in the midst of trying to stop Superman from killing everyone in a prison full of super-villains. Batman pretty much disowns Damian as his son after Dick's death and Damian turns to Superman for comfort and validation, who then nurtures Damian's vicious and ruthless tendencies in support of his cause.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't know, Spider-Man (imo) has kind of outgrown the need for mentors, and any modern writer will just have him fanboy-gasming over Cap and screwing up. Personally, I liked the dynamic of "Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine" because of their different values, they would bicker and fight, with each one assuming they knew better, but would still concede when the other had a point.

I wouldn't mind an ongoing Peter and Miles book, provided it isn't written by Bendis. Peter should be an active mentor in Miles life, and we should see it play out (Not just with an occasional off panel suggestion).
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I don't know, Spider-Man (imo) has kind of outgrown the need for mentors, and any modern writer will just have him fanboy-gasming over Cap and screwing up. Personally, I liked the dynamic of "Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine" because of their different values, they would bicker and fight, with each one assuming they knew better, but would still concede when the other had a point.

I wouldn't mind an ongoing Peter and Miles book, provided it isn't written by Bendis. Peter should be an active mentor in Miles life, and we should see it play out (Not just with an occasional off panel suggestion).
    I would love to see Peter and Miles interact on a more common basis.

Not a fan of Peter's association with Tony either. I don't mind them having interactions and a relationship but now all the things in Peter's origin are really tied into the MCU mythos rather than his own story, like his own costume etc. I still can't believe they contemplated giving Tony the "with great power" line.

To me Cap seemed like a much better fit for the mentor role for MCU Peter. But that's a whole other thread...

As for a new title...maybe if it was team title rather than a specific team up then I'll be on board. Unless it's a good double act like Cable and Deadpool or Kitty and Wolverine, it's just gonna fall flat and just be another title where they are teaming up because they are simply Cap and Spider-Man rather than something that's more organic and dynamic