Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't stop them with Thor.

I mean, Hercules is likely pretty low on their priority list. They've already got one well known god on their film roster. But the fact that Herc' comes from the public domain of ancient myth isn't likely to be a big hurdle for them.

It is not a hurdle as it they can't do it . It is just another Herc movie in a long line of them I don't see the value. I am not sure they would stand out from the others. They have plenty with the Norse and even egyptian deities that no one else is really using.

Incredible Member

With the Fantastic Four becoming part of the MCU soon enough. We'll also be getting the crown jewel of the FF's corner of the Marvel Universe, Doctor Doom. And with Doom's becoming part of the festivities. I'd love to see one of my favorite storylines from IRON MAN. The tale in IRON MAN#149-150 where Shell Head and Victor Von Doom ended up getting sent back in time to Camelot. Where Iron Man teamed up with King Arthur and his Knights against Morgan Le Fey and Doom. I can't help but think with Downey the story might take a bit of an ARMY OF DARKNESS vibe to it. Especially in the third act where Fey's forces end up being led by Doom. Forces made up of those slain by Arthur's blade, Excaliber, and raised by Morgan to fight under Doom's command.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I think the biggest obstacle for a Hercules movie is that MCU Thor acts like Hercules.
    Bingo.

I loved Thor Ragnarok for the most part but on one hand it bothered me so much. I knew right then I would never get Herc in the MCU because why would they bother now.

It pissed me off because Thor is the bigger character in the comics, but his films didn't work as much. Herc doesn't work as a film as he's not as loved a character so they used the Thor name, and the Herc character. Thor:Ragnarok is a Herc-Hulk film.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    With the Fantastic Four becoming part of the MCU soon enough. We'll also be getting the crown jewel of the FF's corner of the Marvel Universe, Doctor Doom. And with Doom's becoming part of the festivities. I'd love to see one of my favorite storylines from IRON MAN. The tale in IRON MAN#149-150 where Shell Head and Victor Von Doom ended up getting sent back in time to Camelot. Where Iron Man teamed up with King Arthur and his Knights against Morgan Le Fey and Doom. I can't help but think with Downey the story might take a bit of an ARMY OF DARKNESS vibe to it. Especially in the third act where Fey's forces end up being led by Doom. Forces made up of those slain by Arthur's blade, Excaliber, and raised by Morgan to fight under Doom's command.
    I'd LOVE to see this too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Anyone up for an Iron Man 4 because number three wasted their chance to use the Mandarin who actually exist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Anyone up for an Iron Man 4 because number three wasted their chance to use the Mandarin who actually exist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    They brought the real Mandarin back in a short film so they could do him right. They could even do the Knauf's run by making Tony Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. This is something I dream about them doing.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-06-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    They brought the real Mandarin back in a short film so they could do him right. They could even do the Knauf's run by making Tony Director of S.H.E.I.L.D. This is something I dream about them doing.
    If they ever do make an Iron Man 4 they'll have to recast Robert Downey Jr. which might be problem because the new guy will have big shoes to fill. And as long as Nick Fury is alive Tony will never be the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. not to mention Tony has Thanos waiting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If they ever do make an Iron Man 4 they'll have to recast Robert Downey Jr. which might be problem because the new guy will have big shoes to fill. And as long as Nick Fury is alive Tony will never be the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. not to mention Tony has Thanos waiting for him.
    I think if they do a Iron Man 4, they would do it with RDJ and that might be his last one.As for shield, I see what you're saying and the odds are long, but this might be the last season for shield , so it would be easier to make Tony director as you wouldn't expect Downey to do a lot of TV apperances. Also I am very worried about Tony going up against Thanos. We don't know what's going to happen with Tony there.

Incredible Member

SQUADRON SUPREME. Marvel's analogues to the Justice League. Like many point out that Disney did a better job with THE INCREDIBLES as,"The Fantastic Four done right.". Likewise it would be interesting to see Marvel on the big screen "Do Justice League right." to rub it in with the Squadies. Although, I'd be looking to do an adaptation of the Mark Greunwalk/Bob Hall/Paul Ryan mid-Eighties maxi-series where Hyperion, Power Princess, Dr. Spectrum, and the rest took over the world with their Utopia Program after their Earth ended up in dire straits after the Overmind's temporary conquest. With supposedly INFINITY WAR and ANT-MAN & THE WASP playing around with the multiverse story angle. It wouldn't be that out there for the general audience in the cineplexes to accept the story of a parallel cEarth where the heroes decided seize power.

Niffleheim

Illuminati
    Nova
    Eternals
    A-Force
    Infinity Watch
    Agents of ATLAS
    Ms Marvel
    Weirldworld
    Hercules (with Thor's persona )
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    Lady Sif
    Another shot in a proper Inhumans movie

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Illuminati
    Nova
    Eternals
    A-Force
    Infinity Watch
    Agents of ATLAS
    Ms Marvel
    Weirldworld
    Hercules (with Thor's persona )
    Loki: Agent of Asgard
    Lady Sif
    Another shot in a proper Inhumans movie
    I would LOVE to see The Illuminati on the big screen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post
    Thor:Ragnarok is a Herc-Hulk film.
    This. I enjoyed it very much, but it was absolutely Hercules/Hulk and not Thor. MCU Thor has increasingly been turned into Marvel's Hercules over the course of the films, and it seems very unlikely now that Herc will make it into the movies. Then again, considering just how many of the main characters in the MCU are basically written the same these days, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I think if they do a Iron Man 4, they would do it with RDJ and that might be his last one.As for shield, I see what you're saying and the odds are long, but this might be the last season for shield , so it would be easier to make Tony director as you wouldn't expect Downey to do a lot of TV appearances. Also I am very worried about Tony going up against Thanos. We don't know what's going to happen with Tony there.
    So far all indications is that Robert Downey Jr. wants to retire from being Iron Man and it could happen after Infinity War.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m gonna say the film I’d like to see the most is Alpha Flight. I think it would be interesting to see how a team sponsored by a specific country would fit in the context of the MCU.