Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I think some version of them could work.

Perhaps it could be re-imagined as a women's refuge which Diana becomes a major patron / ambassador of? Or some other kind of philanthropic venture to which Diana is closely aligned? I'd prefer to see Diana partner with charitable / philanthropic causes instead of the military.

It could also be a sorority at a college at which Diana sometimes guest lectures. Or a college for the disadvantaged for which Diana is a major patron or possibly even founder (although the latter seems unlikely given the established history of the Rebirth Wonder Woman).

Over time, it could potentially be expanded to include a special subset of women (and men) who assist Diana with her superheroics, official Ambassador duties, charitable endeavours and simply managing her "day to day" life so that Diana has more free time to do good (or relax). I'm not thinking a huge corporate structure like Wayne Enterprises, but something smaller, more intimate / person, and dedicated to upholding and expanding Diana's legacy of compassion.

Retired

I see the Holliday Girls as being a group of young women at the college who are in a special research program studying metahumans--and they have powers of their own.

What if yes they are College students but they do have connections to the Amazon. looking at the Rucka version why not have them protected the gates of the outside world. Whether it's the doom gate or Ares why not have Ares does have a few ways out but he is stopped by the Amazons and Holliday girls.

BANNED

Lots of interesting ideas here (as well as not so interesting ones).

Which demonstrates there is plenty of potential in a revived Holliday Girls....

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What if yes they are College students but they do have connections to the Amazon. looking at the Rucka version why not have them protected the gates of the outside world. Whether it's the doom gate or Ares why not have Ares does have a few ways out but he is stopped by the Amazons and Holliday girls.
    But why/how/when would those connections between the Amazons and the Holliday girls have been formed? What sort of "connections"?
    Seems to me it might be more effort to establish that than it would be worth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post

It could also be a sorority at a college at which Diana sometimes guest lectures. Or a college for the disadvantaged for which Diana is a major patron or possibly even founder (although the latter seems unlikely given the established history of the Rebirth Wonder Woman).
    I can see a billionaire setting up an endowment for women (and a focus on disadvantaged women), and inviting Diana to be a guest lecturer; she would, naturally, develop an attachment for the students, and characters could float in and float out as time goes on. (Really, we all know students who hang around after graduation...). Really quite workable as a concept.

Why not have them be students of a school for Amazons in training? It would also give the other Amazons something to do besides just staying on the island

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But why/how/when would those connections between the Amazons and the Holliday girls have been formed? What sort of "connections"?
    Seems to me it might be more effort to establish that than it would be worth.
    Send away children their grandmother or parents have a spiritual mother on the island. Due to this they can called to do a role. Their mothers did a role and it's passes down generation to generation. That due to a connection to the island in that way they are called by the goddess to take on a task. When they meet Wonder Woman she needs to keep training them for when she is not able to be there with her
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-28-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A bunch of young women in college is a dated concept? When did that happen.
    Just update them to reflect today's modern college women. Have Etta be an alum of Holiday College, like Gail re-established during her run. Etta is friends with Diana and the Holiday Girls are big-time, over-enthusiastic groupies. Kind of like Bibbo in Superman but they don't have to be comic relief, one probably should be though. They can use social media and tech to aid/assist Diana if possible.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 09-01-2017 at 10:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Just update them to reflect today's modern college women. Have Etta be an alum of Holiday College, like Gail re-established during her run. Etta is friends with Diana and the Holiday Girls are big-time, over-enthusiastic groupies. Kind of like Bibbo in Superman but they don't have to be comic relief, one probably should be though.
    That one could be the most like Etta was like in the Golden Age. (And I'd make her the one with the most talent and most potential).

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    That one could be the most like Etta was like in the Golden Age. (And I'd make her the one with the most talent and most potential).
    Also Diana could train them in Amazonian training and they help her blend in more