Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Maybe its just me... But doesn't George W Bush look completely reasonable compared to whats going on now?
    I've never been drunk enough to talk politics. It bores the crap out of me. I got a bottle of Carlo Rossi as a gift. Not a big wine person but half the bottle is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    You mean the guy who ushered in the Patriot Act? Na, no thanks.
    Ever notice how after the Patriot Act, the New England Patriots started winning Super Bowls? Damn you, Tom Brady.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Ever notice how after the Patriot Act, the New England Patriots started winning Super Bowls? Damn you, Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Am I the first one to put that together or am I just drunk?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd like to get drunk more often but unfortunately my rural area offers nothing in walking distance and when I want to have a good time I have to drive which automatically excludes drinking. Vicious circle! The last few times I had more than one beer was because I felt depressed. Can't remember being drunk and in a good mood because driving... Reading is the new alcohol for me

Not a huge beer drinker, but I do enjoy a good stout once in a while.

Rum and coke, too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

I drink a lot less than I used to. I drank mostly because I was depressed for a period of time. Nowadays I drink just for the flavor of a certain brand of beer, usually 2 or 3 with a dinner, and not to get drunk...which means I'm usually a bit tipsy by the third. Every now and then I'll get a bottle of amaretto or rum and finish it off over the course of a few days; I definitely can't hold my hard liquor like I used to.

So as for getting "drunk", or even "plastered", those days are mostly gone. I do, sometimes, reach a level of inebriation where my body feels like it craves more and more, which I always aim to be careful with. It's not to combat alcoholism, as I don't think I was ever clinically an alcoholic (but isn't that the trick? to admit as much?) because I drank due to my depression and, not being depressed anymore, the urge to drink heavily or stay in a state of inebriation is largely gone.

I don't drink any more.... and I don't drink any less, I keep it at a moderate pace. Craft beer and Rum my choice when I choose to
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

I’m drinking unfiltered sake and watching Cher movies.

Amazing Member

No thank you. Last time I drank, I fell in my pool, and I was lucky to have people around to help me out. So no more.