Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A drunken posting thread...

I can't be the only one. I drinks a lot. Sometimes we all say stupid stuff. Who has a drink every now and again? What do you like to drink?

Also, if you ever get drunk... post it here.

Invincible Member

I am drinking Steel Reserve right now.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Real ale. I guess the nearest American alternative to that would be the 'craft beer' culture that you have over there. I wouldn't mind trying some of that one day. It's a coincidence but I'm actually going to a beer festival later today. Gonna have to record the football and everything. I'm a member of CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) which attempts to see less of this mass produced shite in shops and pubs:

And replaced with far higher quality real ale:

As for getting drunk, there's a knack to drinking properly. Not enough people are aware of this, get pissed and make arses of themselves. I know how to drink properly so am rarely drunk in the fullest sense of the word.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-26-2017 at 05:15 AM.

I'm a teetotaler. Closest I ever came was on too much Coca-Cola.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Real ale. I guess the nearest American alternative to that would be the 'craft beer' culture that you have over there. I wouldn't mind trying some of that one day. It's a coincidence but I'm actually going to a beer festival later today. Gonna have to record the football and everything. I'm a member of CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) which attempts to see less of this mass produced shite in shops and pubs:

And replaced with far higher quality real ale:

As for getting drunk, there's a knack to drinking properly. Not enough people are aware of this, get pissed and make arses of themselves. I know how to drink properly so am rarely drunk in the fullest sense of the word.
    My cousins buy a lot of that IPA stuff. I like it a lot but it can get expensive. To drink and also buy comics for the week, I must stick to Yuengling

BANNED

I don't drink till I'm drunk (anymore). But if you catch me online after 1 am when I'm half-sleep the results are just as bad.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    My cousins buy a lot of that IPA stuff. I like it a lot but it can get expensive. To drink and also buy comics for the week, I must stick to Yuengling
    Yuengling, I had to look that up on Wikipedia. Sounds good. I'm also partial to a bit of the old India Pale Ale also. The prices are a lot cheaper over here. You can get 3 bottles of real ale for a fiver in many shops, even in a village like mine. Today I bought a bottle each of Old Golden Hen (Morland Brewery), Waggle Dance (Wells) and Master Brew (Shepard Neame). That last one was brewed down in Kent. I love Kentish ale, even though I hail from the north of England. I'll be sampling all 3 tonight. I wouldn't normally drink on a Sunday night but tomorrow is a national holiday and I don't need to think about getting up for work.

I had a great day out yesterday. A local micro-brewery held a beer festival on a farm out in the countryside near where I live. A handful of us went over in a cab. Great ale, good food, good music and fabulous scenery. I live in quite a nice village but the views over there were magic. Then after dark it was back to my local for the rest of the night where I caught up with a friend of mine who was up from London. Cracking day overall.

Invincible Member

I am drinking Fosters Lager right now.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I will be enjoying many high % beers tonight for Game of Thrones finale.

I love beer. I get in different moods for different beers, sometimes I wants stouts, sometimes wheats, sometimes pilsners, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Maybe its just me... But doesn't George W Bush look completely reasonable compared to whats going on now?

I like a drink. Beer, cider, wine, spirits.
    I personally don't think I drink too much (but drinkers never do!).
    I'm putting on a bit of weight, so will be making a concerted effort to cut back.
    They say you should avoid alcohol for two days a week anyway.

BANNED

I love Blue Moon. I can't be the only one. It seems like it sometimes. But once again, I don't drink till I'm drunk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Maybe its just me... But doesn't George W Bush look completely reasonable compared to whats going on now?
    You mean the guy who ushered in the Patriot Act? Na, no thanks.

BANNED

Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout