BANNED

Default Clash vs Shocker in the near future of Spider-man comics ?

Newest Spider-man animated series episode has me thinking of a future fight between Clash vs Shocker in the comics ?

As Spider-man fans what do you think of this and add the mutant Avalanche to the mix ?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Isn't Clash basically a much upgraded version of Shocker, when you think about it?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Pretty much, yeah. At the very least, he's more versatile, and given the chronology of Clash's debut, it can be argued he came first, at least in-universe. Hell, he could have retroactively inspired Herman Schultz to become the Shocker, perhaps in the sense of, "Not bad, kid, but lemme show you how a pro does it."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It could be interesting, but it would have to be done without diminishing a classic silver age villain to highlight a newer character (even one who is retroactively one of Spider-Man's first foes.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I dunno. I'm not sure how they'd work together since Shocker's a blue-collar thug and Clash is trying to be a robin hood type right now. Shocker's also probably not in the mood for a new partner after how Boomerang and Hydro-Man screwed him over.

I guess they could be some kind of vitriolic and argumentative buddy duo .