Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Post-Crisis or Pre-Crisis Earths yes Mutants/X-Men would most definitely have it better Meta-Humans were generally excepted and during the Post-Crisis era the DC Earth had decades since WWII of society use to Metas. Post New 52 I'm not so sure the New 52 seemed a more darker untrusting world than the DC Earths before it. Rebirth could be a different story but the history of Rebirth DC Earth is still in flux and hard to judge.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I don't think the X-Men in the DC universe would be as interesting at the Inhuman's royal family in the DC universe.
    DC has attempted both, with their metagene concept (for the mutants/X-Men) and the Competalians (subbing in for the Inhumans). Neither idea really soared, which is probably for the best. Neither company really excels when they are reactively aping the other, IMO.

BANNED

maybe batman will form a new team batman and the Xsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by code_hero View Post
    Yes. Superman would be able to protect them.
    It might be just me, but I like to think that Clark and Scott would be good buddies.
    And yes I agree with you.

Amazing Member

Actually DC version of the X-men are the Doom Patrol.

Doom_Patrol_003.jpg

So I think the X-men concept would work well in the DC universe , they will be treated with respect by other heroes, even if the normal citizen disliked them, unlike in Marvel U were the Avengers, Shield or Inhumans are always trashing them. And certainly out of the clutches of Alonso and Brevoort, that would be the best thing in the world.
    Last edited by Mep90; 08-27-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    It might be just me, but I like to think that Clark and Scott would be good buddies.
    And yes I agree with you.
    This actually makes me think of another question....

Which X-Men would actually make own the Justice League?

BANNED

what will happen if they get on Batman's bad side and he declares no more mutants? Wait I think zattana will mind wipe them all more efficiently than Xavier if they start coming into conflict with the others to forget they were ever mutants. Alternatively Niles Calder could be a bad influence for them who is more of a jerk than charles ever was. Death stroke could seduce kitty to betray the team. They would have to deal with darkseid who will start chasing after the Phoenix instead of the equation. They could be jokerized or thrown in arkham asylum due to their crazy mutant powers. The time trapper will come after them creating alternate timelines using them and wiping them out from the time stream according to his whim. they will have to put up with the super dickery of Superman if push came to shove unlike MU where all they will have to put up is a stern shield slinging cap who they can whip anytime they like. All in all they would prefer to stay in my.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    what will happen if they get on Batman's bad side and he declares no more mutants? Wait I think zattana will mind wipe them all more efficiently than Xavier if they start coming into conflict with the others to forget they were ever mutants. Alternatively Niles Calder could be a bad influence for them who is more of a jerk than charles ever was. Death stroke could seduce kitty to betray the team. They would have to deal with darkseid who will start chasing after the Phoenix instead of the equation. They could be jokerized or thrown in arkham asylum due to their crazy mutant powers. The time trapper will come after them creating alternate timelines using them and wiping them out from the time stream according to his whim. they will have to put up with the super dickery of Superman if push came to shove unlike MU where all they will have to put up is a stern shield slinging cap who they can whip anytime they like. All in all they would prefer to stay in my.
    I can see Batman being a dick like Cap America but, is the DC universe so much into heroes vs heroes like the MU?Is it common the endless Civil War? I'm asking I don't know.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mep90 View Post
    Actually DC version of the X-men are the Doom Patrol.

Doom_Patrol_003.jpg

So I think the X-men concept would work well in the DC universe , they will be treated with respect by other heroes, even if the normal citizen disliked them, unlike in Marvel U were the Avengers, Shield or Inhumans are always trashing them. And certainly out of the clutches of Alonso and Brevoort, that would be the best thing in the world.
    But the Doom Patrol is largely ignored by most of the DC universe, as the X-Men have connections throughout the MU including space.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    But the Doom Patrol is largely ignored by most of the DC universe, as the X-Men have connections throughout the MU including space.
    X-men have waaay more popular characters though. And the X-men were kinda isolated in the Marvel U during the 90s anyways,and it worked ok. But when they got involved with the other super-hero teams it never ended well...

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i dont know. the one who listen to their fains is the one we will respect. marvel hasnt give us adult jean, cyclops, wolverine and profesor x. and all their marchadise is crap without mutants
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It might largely depend on whether the mutants can get and stay on Batman's good side.
    His paranoid ass would create contingency plans to defeat every single Omega level mutant, no matter which moral side they fall on. Once a villain or a bunch of villains get a hold of those plans, the mutant heavyhitters are screwed.

Another aspect to consider is not how the mutants would fare in the DCU but how the DCU would fare with mutants. Could you imagine the number of ways Beast could f*** up Superman, Green Lantern etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    DC has attempted both, with their metagene concept (for the mutants/X-Men) and the Competalians (subbing in for the Inhumans). Neither idea really soared, which is probably for the best. Neither company really excels when they are reactively aping the other, IMO.
    Except in the case of the respective Atlanteans, where Aquaman IMO has completely eclipsed Namor despite coming later. A lot of that has to do with Namor's movie rights, but Arthur not being such a prickly weirdo and his dynamics with Mera, Orm and the new backstory with his parents made him far more universal in appeal.

Astonishing Member

In most versions of the DCU, they probably WOULD have it better. In the DCEU or the New 52, maybe not so much.

Its worth noting that Superman will definitely do more to help mutants than Captain America has.