Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I love them both so much! I really wish Peter David had the opportunity to bring her back. Feral was such a sweet little innocent character who didn’t deserve to be killed of. They should have killed off her sister instead of her.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Ultimate Member

I always viewed Thorn as the more redeemable sister and Feral as the twisted monster so I have no problem with Feral being dead, kind of wanted Thorn to run off with that cop that she knew back in X-Force...

People like Rhane more because she's a good person in pretty much every way where as Feral is...well...a monster and a murderer...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I always viewed Thorn as the more redeemable sister and Feral as the twisted monster so I have no problem with Feral being dead, kind of wanted Thorn to run off with that cop that she knew back in X-Force...

People like Rhane more because she's a good person in pretty much every way where as Feral is...well...a monster and a murderer...
    Thornn and Feral are both super interesting in their own right but it was the fact that Maria was so twisted that made her interesting. I mean, sister thing aside the only person she killed was an abuser in every sense of the word, iirc.

Rahne is a bigot, and to be quite frank, boring. She is in every sense of the word the type of religious person that inhabits the deep South and like, do not want.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Thornn and Feral are both super interesting in their own right but it was the fact that Maria was so twisted that made her interesting. I mean, sister thing aside the only person she killed was an abuser in every sense of the word, iirc.

Rahne is a bigot, and to be quite frank, boring. She is in every sense of the word the type of religious person that inhabits the deep South and like, do not want.
    Yeah, no.

Feral killed her abuser, yes. But then, she killed her siblings, betrayed X-Force because the MLF would let her cut loose, and then nearly killed Theresa in a play for money. Thorn was raised in the same environment, and didn't become a sociopath.

Rahne was raised in an abusive environment, different in a way from Feral, but abusive still. She held some bigoted opinions, but that was as a result of her abusive father, and something she's long since overcome. She's grown as a character, and shown willingness to face her flaws time and again.

Rahne's character have depth, conflict and contradictions.

Feral's a sociopath. There's nothing she won't do, so nothing she does is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, no.

Feral killed her abuser, yes. But then, she killed her siblings, betrayed X-Force because the MLF would let her cut loose, and then nearly killed Theresa in a play for money. Thorn was raised in the same environment, and didn't become a sociopath.

Rahne was raised in an abusive environment, different in a way from Feral, but abusive still. She held some bigoted opinions, but that was as a result of her abusive father, and something she's long since overcome. She's grown as a character, and shown willingness to face her flaws time and again.

Rahne's character have depth, conflict and contradictions.

Feral's a sociopath. There's nothing she won't do, so nothing she does is interesting.
    She won't die. So that's interesting
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Rahne being a bigot is news to me.

Most of my books with Feral are early X-Force issues before X-Cutioner's Song so she just comes off as an action junkie, a role that we already had Shatterstar for.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Rahne being a bigot is news to me.

Most of my books with Feral are early X-Force issues before X-Cutioner's Song so she just comes off as an action junkie, a role that we already had Shatterstar for.
    Rahne is not a bigot. People were upset because of the way she acted during the whole Rictor/Shatterstar situation. She obviously wasn’t in the right frame of mind when she returned from X-Force and she also was pregnant.

Her and Ric had a thing before she left for X-Force, and when she returns, she walks in on them making out. She accepted Ric and Shatty’s relationship eventually and even formed a bond with Shatterstar. If that’s not character development, I don’t know what is....

Feral and Shatterstar were introduced in the same issue, I believe. I think readers at the time believed Feral was a Rahne ripoff. Liefield lost dibs on Rahne with PAD bringing her over to X-Factor. With Rahne officially leaving in New Mutants #95, Feral was introduced 5 issues later. Some saw it as Liefield trying to replace Rahne with another feral like character.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

I always saw Wolfsbane as the most boring New Mutant ever, well, until Gasomyrr came on board.

In the beginning she was whining way to much and prudish, there, from the very first issue, I did not like that. With a feral-like character, you do not expect those characteristics.

And then came Feral, she had all Wolfsbane did not have. Being unreliability, being untamed, being wild, now that is what is to be expected characteristics of a feral character.

So for me, I love Feral and still after all these years find Wolfsbane one of the most boring characters of the X-Men

I always saw Wolfsbane as the most boring New Mutant ever, well, until Gasomyrr came on board.

In the beginning she was whining way to much and prudish, there, from the very first issue, I did not like that. With a feral-like character, you do not expect those characteristics.

And then came Feral, she had all Wolfsbane did not have. Being unreliability, being untamed, being wild, now that is what is to be expected characteristics of a feral character.

So for me, I love Feral and still after all these years find Wolfsbane one of the most boring characters of the X-Men

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Feral was just Rahne without the Doug baggage.
    Rahne (after x-tinction agenda, when Liefeld was starting to get X-Force together) was stuck in half wolf form, & more rageyy. So basically she was already Feral anyway.
    Feral always seemed more sexual (sort of a typical sexualized cat girl). Even when Rahne was angsting after Alex she was never so overtly sexual.

I'm not a Feral fan, but this is sort of why I never liked Rahne. Her whole personality just turned me off. Self-loathing, whiny, overly shy. Ick. Get lost. And then more recently, they heaped a truckload of trauma onto her: first the X-Force thing (omg, eating her horrible dad?!) and then the killing of her son. ICK ICK!
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 08-07-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Totes disagree but very respectful of your opinion. I think Rahne is anything but boring with all the drama in her life. Eating her dad, pregnancy, romantic craziness with Doug, Rictor, and an underaged Elixir. And many more things. I know she has some hate, but I’ve never heard her referred to as boring. But to each their own.

I’m just thankful she’s not like a Hijack or any other 1 dimensional character.

For me, I love both Feral and Rahne. And I patiently await the return of Maria. Really hope it happens!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think she is boring as well and you should not take it personally of people have a different opinion.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 08-06-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Rahne can become a bit of a stereotype sadly at times, though I never liked Feral I liked her sister more, at least around the 90's adventures with the Morlocks and Cable and Domino...just wish that she and that cop could have gotten together...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rahne has more depth, history and sympathetic history. Dunno how this is really a question
    Its so odd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Everything you stated is why people like Rahme better and Feral is just a run of thr mill stabbity mcstab 90s archetype.